Kirkintilloch Rob Roy 2016/17

LeeKRR1878

Although the result against Ladeside was a shocker,plug mac.....I honestly didn't see that one coming....Rabs are still in with a shout! As said on a few occasions now,the two games against Glenafton will define your season. Talbot may have slipped up a wee bit,& according to a couple of their supporters on P&B,their mounting injury list just might rule them out of the race. But you know Talbot.....wright them off at your peril!! [emoji6]

Wouldn't say it was a shocker as reality is very little between most teams.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thought Rob Roy were pretty predicable expected to be under a lot more pressure. Donnelly stayed strong and controlled Sawyers and even 2nd half when playing with 10 Kilbirnie moved the ball a lot quicker and Roy caused very few problems.
Well done the guy that produces the programme , excellent stuff , top notch.

Programme was a superb effort many great pieces of info and great team pictures the Kilbirnie boy back row right with dark hair looked like a seven feet bean pole.

Shame we never played to our ability but that's football you have good days and bad days thankfully we have had far more good days than bad this season.

Seems we were of the pace yesterday believe watt didn't play after 4 goals in 2 games would have expected him to play so what's happening their as I said before I heard his ankle is done is there any truth odd he wasn't playing

Watt is away on holiday!

1 minute ago, rednblack said:

Wouldn't say it was a shocker as reality is very little between most teams.

Yeah,you're right about there being very little between some teams,rednblack. I just didn't expect Rabs to loose the match,knowing how well they attack & wanting to keep their place at the top of the league,also taking into account,that I don't think Ladeside had played a match for a couple of weeks. By the sounds of it,a potentially cracking match was ruined by the ref being "red card happy",into the bargain!

Ok bit unprofessional by him if that the case players have June July to book hols ffs

I happen to agree with you and don't get me started on stag do's but what can you do people will always hit you with more to life than football.

I happen to agree with you and don't get me started on stag do's but what can you do people will always hit you with more to life than football.

If you play for a club you should be their for the duration of the season plan hols in close season bad call by the lad if a stag do then that worse disgraceful IMO [emoji35]

28 minutes ago, rednblack said:

I know what you mean about players "pulling out" of matches,bud! Last week at Beith,Buffs had a key player miss this important match,because he was "HAVING A DAY AT AYR RACES"!!! Although it was said that Buffs had been given notice in advance,of this 'day out', I think if a player playing at Junior level sees a day at the races as more important than to play in a crucial league match,he can't hold his club or team mates in a very high regard! Just my humble oppoinion.......

If you play for a club you should be their for the duration of the season plan hols in close season bad call by the lad if a stag do then that worse disgraceful IMO [emoji35]

Not saying Watt is a stag do his is a holiday. I agree if you play semi pro football you make adjustments and plan accordingly but others don't see it like that unfortunately.

Just don't think players attitude to football nowadays is the same sadly even if going for a trophy or avoid relegation.

I know what you mean about players "pulling out" of matches,bud! Last week at Beith,Buffs had a key player miss this important match,because he was "HAVING A DAY AT AYR RACES"!!! Although it was said that Buffs had been given notice in advance,of this 'day out', I think if a player playing at Junior level sees a day at the races as more important than to play in a crucial league match,he can't hold his club or team mates in a very high regard! Just my humble oppoinion.......

Having a day at the races is just ridiculous.

Get paid though that's the point not how much he gets paid. I would be making sure I'm available at the business end of the season weather I'm a single man or a married man with ten kids. Hopefully we are still in it when the boys unavailable come back.

Just my thoughts.

So Glenafton home and away will be our last two games ???? hmm!

Hopefully our boys pick themselves up and whatever team takes the park gives it there all. This season deserves to finish on a high note by that i mean competing till the end it's going to be mega difficult but we can do it!

On 30 April 2017 at 16:39, The Bluebells Are Blue said:

How many players across Scotland quietly phoned up the gaffer in the 24 hours before the Old Firm game.

9 hours ago, Glenconner said:

How many players across Scotland quietly phoned up the gaffer in the 24 hours before the Old Firm game.

For a meaningless game between two horror show clubs? They wouldn't be near the team again if they did that.

On 3 May 2017 at 12:58, jimbaxters said:

For a meaningless game between two horror show clubs? They wouldn't be near the team again if they did that.

I'm sure several of the Rangers players would get a game in the Juniors if they asked nicely.

That's no way to talk about two nice wee clubs like the rabs and the candy.

Oh wait you meant [emoji18]

Candy 1-0 KRR if a team needed a pick me up it's the Roy, not a good time to hit poor form. Pass marks to the two Dannie's but could not believe such a poor first half performance, the candy missing open goals keep the score to one. Second half a bit better when Shaun and lee come on, finishing very poor couldn't believe the chances missed. The candy Worked very hard the second half but no need to worry the Rabs squandered chances galore.

Missed , Big Willie, Gary, Jordan and Kieran. I know I have pushed for youth all season but disappointed with squad players tonight didn't take the chance to shine. Understand Maxi and the selection but not a great performance. To many long balls no composure in the middle of the park all a bit rushed.

Need to get back to playing football on the deck, first half of the season the football was great on the eye. Now it's a bit root one panic.

Composure by the centre backs and centre mids is key to game tempo. Calm heads on Saturday please.

Well that was embarrassing yeah Ok we hit the woodwork three times had three cleared off the line and missed other chances but to lose to St Rochs with the performance they put in which was poor other than good effort is bad we shouldn't be losing games like that resting players or not but should expect it as we tend to throw in shockers like this now and again (St Anthony's last season).

Two Danny's did alright as did Green as did Luke.

Archived