Kirkintilloch Rob Roy 2016/17

LeeKRR1878

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Felt the goalkeeper didn't need to get involved with that and was really silly. I'd like to see Jordan Brown back in goal I'm a big fan of him, don't get me wrong McKniven is a good goalkeeper aswell.

Big Sawyers had a good game today

Definitely keep him in for final as he's played every game except Dunipace leading up to it but in league games mibby give Brown some game time.

He's been here for 4/5 years now, played most, if not all games last season and is a decent keeper who can make important saves. His handling and shot stopping is really good and I think with more games he could potentially be one of the best goalkeepers in the league... Mind he's still young at 22

Highlights well Pollok cameraman

First goal nice finish from Kevin Green.
Second looked one of those fifty fifty penalty decisions. Penalty converted by Green.
Our third goal was a brilliant header from Sawyers that took most by surprise.
Keeper sending off at end looked harsh to give second yellow for that.
His earlier yellow for the pollok penalty was right call penalty and yellow card player was out wide ball not heading towards goal and Roy defenders heading back as cover.
McMenamin two yellows were probably both correct.
Some of the shouts from the pollok bench were brilliant [emoji3].

So what a great start to the season.
Yestetdays game saw us dispose of pollok again. I think we got fortunate but overall we are top of the league and unbeaten in 10 games for a reason. To finish yesterdays game with 9 men yet walk away with 3 points shows we no how to get the job done.

Once again pollok just couldnt deal with sawyers...ther is an ovbious difference in how physicall the 2 teams are.
Pollok have quality. But Rob Roy have quality and can be physical when they have to be and thats the difference. At this level you have to be both.
Both penalties in my opinion wer penalties. Mcmenamin sending off...no complaints.
Keeper sending off...no chance. He picks the ball up for the pollok player to start trying to grab it of him yet the keeper gets booked? This happens all the tim and keepers dont get booked 4 it.
Overall another great game!

The first yellow for the keeper was nothing to do with player out wide, it's no longer a red card offense for denying a goal scoring opportunity anyway.

It's only a red if the foul was deemed to be dangerous.

Ok thanks.

Michael has had a good start with us but if i remember right first time with ourselves and possibly with pollok he was prone to a rush of blood to the head coming rushing out.

As i commented on earlier i thought pollok knocked the ball about fairly well but it was all at the back and across the middle of the park without causing us to many problems in the final third certainly not as dangerous in the final third as you would expect pollok to be.

7 red cards

3 penalties

13 goals

27 yellow cards Between these sides in 4 games.

Team in good shape going into final hope it continues similar start last season then total collapse so fingers crossed lessons learned sawyers playing really well was a big critic of him but he been faultless so far and is on fire credit where it's due [emoji106]

A break just now before the cup final is good to keep players injury free etc (I know we have a friendly tomorrow)

After the cup final if we win the confidence should be high but I'm hoping that if we lose then confidence isn't totally shattered but I think the team have strong heads to keep going.

The run will come to an end no doubt in that.. Just would like to see it go a little bit longer

That is true, just hoping that momentum wont be broke.
Kind of wish we wer playin on saturday but the players need a break so it is fair enough.

Think once we knew we were not playing a Scottish tie this weekend we would have earmarked this Saturday as a free week.

Shettleston are playing Clydebank this Saturday... Interesting.

Guess it will give management a chance to have a look at Shettleston.

Wee fella up front is a good player. 

Sawyers is getting the plaudits the now but the wee man just needs to keep working hard and steer clear of injury and he will add to his decent goal tally to date. 

Agree wee watt been unlucky with injury and if steers clear of injury will score plenty of goals big sawyers deserves the plaudits really pulling his weight so far this season long may it continue so let's hope a cup win is coming our way [emoji106]

Archived