Kirkintilloch Rob Roy 2016/17

LeeKRR1878

Petershill is nothing more than a glorified sports centre and an awful place to play or watch football
I love the old rustic Roy of the rovers type ground and while I understand the financial situation for the use of 3/4 G pitches I'm not a supporter of it .
Of the ones I have been to so far benburb is far and away the best but even on that the trajectory of the ball can be a guessing game at times .

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Petershill is nothing more than a glorified sports centre and an awful place to play or watch football
I love the old rustic Roy of the rovers type ground and while I understand the financial situation for the use of 3/4 G pitches I'm not a supporter of it .
Of the ones I have been to so far benburb is far and away the best but even on that the trajectory of the ball can be a guessing game at times .

That seems to be the general opinion of the place, I'm here now and it's a good atmosphere with a fair crowd and a good game.

I like the old style grounds too, particularly impressed with Ardrossans park. It's just unfortunate with the current situation more clubs have to look for more modernised grounds and tend to go down the route of going for a "sports centre" type thing

Aye all so close at the top really couldn't call it. If Talbot were running away with most games scoring for fun you would see them as big favourites but they aren't winning by odd goal most weeks.

Really is still any one of four title with the ayrshire sides having that little edge over us but still exciting stuff.

7 minutes ago, rednblack said:

Aye all so close at the top really couldn't call it. If Talbot were running away with most games scoring for fun you would see them as big favourites but they aren't winning by odd goal most weeks.

Really is still any one of four title with the ayrshire sides having that little edge over us but still exciting stuff.

Maybe our main dream lives on,so lets just enjoy the run in and where it takes us.Certainly into uncharted waters.

Is it petershill that are playing as when we went there vs rossvale they had literally 6 fans at the game and they had the wee seated stand which to be fair is quite good

Yeah mate Petershill vs Clydebank

Rossvale don't seem to draw in a big crowd, very quiet and seem to be more committee men there than fans

Does it matter if you win by 1 goal or 4 goals . You still get the 3 points !

Maybe our main dream lives on,so lets just enjoy the run in and where it takes us.Certainly into uncharted waters.

Sure does for now we are in the thick of it for sure.

If Auchinleck were playing great winning easy then you would have little hope but not playing so well winning by odd goal most weeks gives you hope that something will give eventually.

If only we were playing this season at the old Adamslie big park in decent nick getting games played would sure as hell have boosted our chances massively.

Shouldn't have left it till your new place was ready!

Being disrespectful fella the Roy have been a great asset to the league this season yes we don't have our ground but makes the season all the more impressive don't expect us to win it but we sure as hell contributed not finished yet so who knows

1 minute ago, plug mac said:

Being disrespectful fella the Roy have been a great asset to the league this season yes we don't have our ground but makes the season all the more impressive don't expect us to win it but we sure as hell contributed not finished yet so who knows

He isn't saying we are not an asset to the league.

He isn't saying we are not an asset to the league.

Anyway you seem to jump on any blip or misinterpretation I make got it wrong I'm afraid digging for another argument f**k sake let it go lad lad am on a night out switching phone off

18 minutes ago, rednblack said:

Rob Roy looking for friendly tomorrow night going by social media.

They should have moved quicker.

The Candy had the word out on a friendly this week 5 minutes after game off on Saturday.

1 hour ago, Glenconner said:

They should have moved quicker.

The Candy had the word out on a friendly this week 5 minutes after game off on Saturday.

Why not play each other and call it a cup game 

Archived