Kirkintilloch Rob Roy 2016/17

LeeKRR1878

Probably only Danny Boyle in and Pearson on bench

Don't you think Pearson done enough to keep his place I did why should he be the one to make way young guy will be gutted asked to come in and then be dropped again

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's football stop gretting

I understand that's football doesn't mean it's right and it's only a simple opinion nobody greeting here Mon the Roy let's have a good day in Largs

Looking forward to the game, if lee and Duff perform like they can on a great flat surface and we finish or chances it could be a great day. Mind plenty of water for players as it's a scorcher today.

Largs be oozing confidence after glenafton! we should maintain confidence and take it to them! we still have a lot to do and can't see the lads laying down.

We have had injuries all season it's how the team as a whole cover that! Not done too badly and can deliver serious challenge to every team! 

Still all to play for two cups and league! let's make it really tough for the opposition! 

Quote for month

"When your down! you are there to be targeted! you can either sink or swim.

"Or if you are KRR you rise above it and forget what's done! push on and take no prisoners! winning mentality only

Mon The Roy!!!!!!!!

Well what to make of that today good and bad in it.

First half played fairly decent, second half not so good but still did enough and could have been more in the end.

Young boy for Largs who got the two yellows bit harsh as he just looked keen to make his mark but overall right decision with the two yellows.

Largs penalty which was missed looked outside the box was surprised a penalty was given.

Our penalty looked right call willie used his experience to win it mind you terrible penalty though you could see how desperate he was for a goal today which eventually came with the last kick of the ball.

Guys who came in all did fairly well.

Young boy at right back McCall came onto a good game he looked well up for doing well and probably try prove a point.

McGuire i like got good touch and feet defiantly one to keep and watch develop.

Pearson did alright put himself about tried to make things happen .

Duff and lee hot and cold today but still great too watch as you just never know what they are going to do.

Green and McKenzie were as solid as ever very rarely do they put a foot wrong.

Good to see fraser come on also and Gary McMenamin who filled in well at centre back again what with Boyle cup tied and Buchanan still out injured.

Onto next week and arthurlie let's hope for a dry week!!

Crazy how our path to the final is all away games yet Pollok all home games anyone would think the beaks were trying to help Pollok to the final to please the Pollok supporting sponsor [emoji50] crazy way this cup is drawn a team should never know in a cup they have all home games or all away games to reach a final, assume if Pollok make it the final won't be at newlandsfield anyway shouldn't complain to much as Largs is a decent away game. [emoji4]

Grade A [emoji239]

Highlights - Largs Thistle 0-2 Kirkintilloch Rob Roy, West of Scotland Cup third round, Saturday 8th April

Rabs scorers Kevin Green (22) and Willie Sawyers (90+2)

Well what to make of that today good and bad in it.

First half played fairly decent, second half not so good but still did enough and could have been more in the end.

Young boy for Largs who got the two yellows bit harsh as he just looked keen to make his mark but overall right decision with the two yellows.

Largs penalty which was missed looked outside the box was surprised a penalty was given.

Our penalty looked right call willie used his experience to win it mind you terrible penalty though you could see how desperate he was for a goal today which eventually came with the last kick of the ball.

Guys who came in all did fairly well.
Young boy at right back McCall came onto a good game he looked well up for doing well and probably try prove a point.

McGuire i like got good touch and feet defiantly one to keep and watch develop.

Pearson did alright put himself about tried to make things happen .

Duff and lee hot and cold today but still great too watch as you just never know what they are going to do.

Green and McKenzie were as solid as ever very rarely do they put a foot wrong.

Good to see fraser come on also and Gary McMenamin who filled in well at centre back again what with Boyle cup tied and Buchanan still out injured.

Onto next week and arthurlie let's hope for a dry week!!

I totally agree with most of this post the young boy mcall does have a point to prove but has not had many opportunities and won't get many. As for McGuire to develop he needs game time and that won't happen,duff and lee were hot and cold duff hasn't kicked a ball since Musselburgh game yet still first pick wonder why that is as Gavin is an able replacement and I thought Willie had a shocker yesterday still not subbed but overall great result move on to a tough one next week lets see who keeps there places for next week

Firstly Willie is a top junior striker and was the only available striker yesterday he was desperate for a goal, his effort was good he had a good battle with the big number 5 and it was bang on the right decision to stick with him with him finally got his goal right at the end which will do him good.

The injury has impacted on Willie season but he now has 16 goals from 23 games an excellent return.

Chris Duff is a match winner he was a constant danger yesterday during the first half to the point that Largs resorted to just trying to kick him off the park a tactic most teams employ as Chris can be that good. Second half he was quiet but Duff is the kind of player who you need to keep on when the opposition is down to ten men to exploit the space.

MacKie started yesterday and had a poor game I'm sure he would agree with that not sure why you have worded it that he didn't start.

Boy McCall hasn't been getting a chance because a good experienced junior full back in Scott Walker has been really good and steady this season he is the number one in that position and has earned that right you do realise that the nature of football is you will always have first picks.

I would agree and like to see Jordan McGuire get more game time as i like the look of him.

Strange comments from yourself and your like i mean were you even at the game for god sake.

As for next week if Walker comes in fine nobody will bat an eyelid harsh on boy McCall but we are a premier league junior club and it's tough at this level.

Boyle will no doubt come in which will allow Gary McMenamin to go back into centre mid.

Word was Whelan is injured so i would play Jordan McGuire in midfield with McMenamin with Duff and Gallacher, sawyers up front with another depending who's available.

Big willie has been poor since the calf injury but would play him as he has a good rep in junior football why was watt not involved saying that he been poor lately

Ankle problem was the talk was next to dugout in tracksuit.

I wouldn't say watt and willie both have been poor just has quite happened for them in recent games which happens in football both will come good again i think and would love to see watt play well and score an important goal in a big game.

Young guns come in and get a win. Not much game time for Shaun and Jordan to date Reece getting more run of it. Big jump from friendlies and training so hats of to Shaun and Jordan. Well done to maxi for getting it right on the day. Hope Fraz gets back to match sharpness soon. Great result considering the changes and injuries well done to everyone. Let's bring another trophy home

Only build is Big Kev Green need to stop given away silly penalties. That's 3 or 4 to date could cost us.

Ankle problem was the talk was next to dugout in tracksuit.

I wouldn't say watt and willie both have been poor just has quite happened for them in recent games which happens in football both will come good again i think and would love to see watt play well and score an important goal in a big game.

Wasnt there yesterday but good result none the less hopefully the front boys can get fit as we haven't had a decent run of games with both strikers fully fit watt seems to pick up injuries on a regular basis is worrying

2 hours ago, Pie rab said:

I totally agree with most of this post the young boy mcall does have a point to prove but has not had many opportunities and won't get many. As for McGuire to develop he needs game time and that won't happen,duff and lee were hot and cold duff hasn't kicked a ball since Musselburgh game yet still first pick wonder why that is as Gavin is an able replacement and I thought Willie had a shocker yesterday still not subbed but overall great result move on to a tough one next week lets see who keeps there places for next week

Overall a good win yesterday and pretty good performance all round!

Agree Duff has been inconsistent but actually thought he played well yesterday, don't think it's a case of replacing him with MacKie I would play them both as I like Duff through the middle just off Sawyers. Speaking of Sawyers agree he wasn't at his best yesterday however he still scored and is probably getting up to full fitness at an important time! Thought the right back was alright yesterday, as was mcguire! 

Beith v Glens score went our way yesterday and means we can go back on top if we win on Sat!

If it was manager I would make 3 changes, Boyle in for Gary, Gary/Luke in for Mcguire and I would through Fraser back in for Pearson..... Must be tough for Maxi at times! 

Archived