Italian Football Thread

Kris.

3 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

I’m flying to Bergamo in a few weeks for the Milan derby. Did you just get train tickets there and then?

Yeah got them from the Tabacchi shop at Bergamo train station, just asked for biglietti normale a Torino, 15.55 euros.  There are machines in the station, though the tickets were more expensive from the machine. Return ticket from Milan yesterday was 5.50 euros. 

Noticed in Bergamo airport yesterday that there was a direct bus service to Milan, but hadn't looked for that before we left as we were only changing there for Turin

Bergamo airport doesn't have a train station but the local service bus goes between the 2 in about 15 minutes. Terravision etc. all do direct Bergamo to Milan coach services though for about 10 euro (cheaper to buy online in advance). Takes about 90 minutes if I remember correctly. I quite liked Bergamo airport actually (and the city itself, well worth a wander round the old town if you have a few hours to kill).

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Bergamo airport doesn't have a train station but the local service bus goes between the 2 in about 15 minutes. Terravision etc. all do direct Bergamo to Milan coach services though for about 10 euro (cheaper to buy online in advance). Takes about 90 minutes if I remember correctly. I quite liked Bergamo airport actually (and the city itself, well worth a wander round the old town if you have a few hours to kill).

Sorry, didn't mean to suggest it did, bus from airport into town first.

3 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

I’m flying to Bergamo in a few weeks for the Milan derby. Did you just get train tickets there and then?

it's always worth looking on http://www.trenitalia.com (you can change the language setting in the top right hand corner - piece of piss to use) and checking the fares - they have some really random price changes for the same route (i think it depends on whether it's a local or national service) but you can make the same trip for hugely different prices depending on what time you travel; there may be an extra stop, or it'll take another ten minutes or sthg trivial, but the savings can be significant; you can book in advance too, to save any arsing about, but there's no real price advantage to this unless for longer journies

it's always worth looking on http://www.trenitalia.com (you can change the language setting in the top right hand corner - piece of piss to use) and checking the fares - they have some really random price changes for the same route (i think it depends on whether it's a local or national service) but you can make the same trip for hugely different prices depending on what time you travel; there may be an extra stop, or it'll take another ten minutes or sthg trivial, but the savings can be significant; you can book in advance too, to save any arsing about, but there's no real price advantage to this unless for longer journies
Indeed - local trains are charged by the kilometre and so don't change whether you book in advance or not, but express services (donated as ES or FR/FA/FB) have to be booked in advance and carry a surcharge (if you buy a regular ticket and get on an express train you can be fined) but if you book far enough in advance and know exactly which train you'll get you can get it cheaper than a local stopping train (€9 one way I've seen for a 60 minute express journey rather than €12.90 for a 100 minute stopping service). Not that I'm a geeky trainspotter or anything... oh no.

1 hour ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Dece bit of art from the Serie A Facebook page.

there's a lot to be said for drawing with ball point pens - conrad keely, the prime mover behind And They Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead had turned out some right good stuff, art fans - not to mention some fucking cracking music

Watching Fiorentina v Juve. Ref gave a penalty to Fiorentina who then waited over 3 minutes to take it while Juve players bickered with the ref and encroached into the box. Ref then changed his mind after checking with VAR.

Strange one. Looked like VAR said it was a penalty, then went back to see there was a foul/offside in the build-up. Dodgy one for me, as I'm not sure how far back you should be able to go.

I think it looked like Juve were delaying the penalty but I don't think the referee was ever ready for it to be taken. 

Hopefully Fiorentina take something.

Exactly why VAR is shite. It wasn't even the right decision if they go with the bizarre "the defender was deliberately trying to play the ball" shite they used for the Spurs penalty the other day. Looked to me like Sandro slide tackles the boy and it's his final touch. Even then, how far back at video assistants now going to have to go back? Foul in the same move 90 seconds ago? Throw in which changes possession?

I didn’t even think it was a penalty in the first place. Arm was pretty much by his side?

The commentator is doing my head in. Talking complete shite about why Higuain was looking across the pitch before he scored.

Gonzalo HIGUAIN x 3, loved hearing that at the Juventus stadium on Sunday and delighted he has scored tonight.  Seriously amazing day in Turin on Sunday with my son and will never forget the game and the atmosphere,

4 years since Juve scored 7 goals in 1 game, 10 years since Juve scored 4 goals in 1 half, Higuain's 1st hat-trick for Juve...genuinely couldn't have picked a better game to go to. 

Didn't think it was a penalty for Fiorentina in the first place, but to wait 3-4 minutes then change it when the ball is already on the spot is ridiculous.

I'm not suggesting it's a conspiracy, and I'm not even against VAR, but that kind of thing will be the death of football.

Bernardeschi goal was inevitable, and Higuain's finish equally so, though it was a lovely one, I love it when a striker curls one into the far side netting.