Italian Football Thread

Kris.

2 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

f**k knows why this game is tucked away on BT Sport Extra. Idiots.

no point pissing away the broadcast fees on an evening when adult admission to Rovers v Rochdale was £10.00 a head - viewing figures would have been decimated by being up against such a draw

as an aside, I might point out for any interested parties that the weather at Colsterworth services on the A1 right now is absolutely fucking atrocious !

Untitled-2.jpg.c6255ff7522e36cee0f6600db5c3c8ac.jpg

#whosefuckingstupidideawasthis?

My son is taking me to the Juventus v Sassuollo game on Feb 4th (if tv doesn't change it). Flying to Bergamo and if all goes well, will get to Alalanta or Inter on the Saturday. Anyone got tips/info for the area? Been to Italy loads of times, but not that area.

58 minutes ago, centralTon said:

My son is taking me to the Juventus v Sassuollo game on Feb 4th (if tv doesn't change it). Flying to Bergamo and if all goes well, will get to Alalanta or Inter on the Saturday. Anyone got tips/info for the area? Been to Italy loads of times, but not that area.

one thing to say about Torino and one thing alone - if you are looking for somewhere to eat - go here

could go all food critic on you and list the plus points, but i'll content myself with saying that it is just fucking brilliant

oh (yeah, yeah two things then) - and if you have any sense of the history of the game, go and visit Superga; there's not much to see, just a small'ish memorial along with the most amazing view of the city and mountains but well, y'know - stuff....

Edited by Herman Hessian

10 hours ago, Herman Hessian said:

one thing to say about Torino and one thing alone - if you are looking for somewhere to eat - go here

could go all food critic on you and list the plus points, but i'll content myself with saying that it is just fucking brilliant

oh (yeah, yeah two things then) - and if you have any sense of the history of the game, go and visit Superga; there's not much to see, just a small'ish memorial along with the most amazing view of the city and mountains but well, y'know - stuff....

Cheers.

Bergamo old town is very pretty - you can walk up the old main drag uphill or get the funicular railway up. If you're driving then Lake Como isn't far away but a better bet might be Lake Isola, which is quiet and has a lovely car-free island which can be reached by ferry and has several restaurants serving delicious lake fish. If you don't have a car then Bergamo station has fairly regular trains to the main cities and also places like Brescia and Desenzano for Lake Garda.

5 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
21 hours ago, centralTon said:

Bergamo old town is very pretty - you can walk up the old main drag uphill or get the funicular railway up. If you're driving then Lake Como isn't far away but a better bet might be Lake Isola, which is quiet and has a lovely car-free island which can be reached by ferry and has several restaurants serving delicious lake fish. If you don't have a car then Bergamo station has fairly regular trains to the main cities and also places like Brescia and Desenzano for Lake Garda.

Thanks, just using the train from Bergamo to Turin and back.

on the back of tonight's predictable Coppa italia result, I've always quite liked torino, but what a life it must be supporting them - absolutely arse-raped by juventus year in and year out - one win in twenty two years (twenty five games - five draws) and that's voting without all the scudettos bedecked in black and white (thirteen in the same period calciopoli notwithstanding) in the same period; i'm very much in favour of supporting the underdog, but by christ that must be miserable at home, at work, year in and year out - absolutely mind numbing; i know hibs went twenty odd games without a win against hearts, but over a much shorter time span, and there must be a degree of sheer bloody-mindedness involved in following I Granata, and I guess they must revel in that to some extent, but it;s kind of peverse, to say the least !

still, that said - f**k 'em - set of twats ;)

Mihajlovic reportedly sacked by Torino on the back of it. I've not watched much Serie A this season so what's happened to them? A case of Bellotti carrying them last year and teams finding them out? They're still mid-table.

9 hours ago, Smurph said:

Mihajlovic reportedly sacked by Torino on the back of it. I've not watched much Serie A this season so what's happened to them? A case of Bellotti carrying them last year and teams finding them out? They're still mid-table.

Pretty much. They were the 6th highest scorers last season (not surprising considering Belotti got 26 himself), but 4th highest conceders. This season they've improved defensively (11th), but haven't been as free-scoring (9th), so maybe don't see Mihajlovic as the man to create enough of a differnetial there to push them up the table.

18 hours ago, Smurph said:

Mihajlovic reportedly sacked by Torino on the back of it.

yup - he's gone, and Torino are absolutely incandescent about the second Juve goal in the CI match - reviewed by VAR, there was a clear foul in the leadup which the referee cannot failed to have seen; he watched the video footage, then allowed the goal to stand having gestured to the Torino bench that the Juve man had played the ball, not the man - quite laughable; in conservative terms, the decision was a bit of a shocker, though, even had that goal been chalked off Torino would probably have gone on to concede three own goals, f**k up in any number of other amusing ways and lost anyway, but you can't beat a sense of outraged indignation once in a while - and Douglas Costa's finish for the first was  worth at least a couple of goals anyway...