Italian Football Thread

Kris.

Lazio pick up their first points of the season. Bit sloppy towards the end, but Frosinone looked pretty poor throughout. 

Luis Alberto looking a bit fitter as did SMS. 

Hopefully able to kick on after a difficult opening two games.

13 hours ago, true_rover said:
14 hours ago, The Saintee said:
Napoli have been very disappointing tonight.

On the flip side, Samp have been excellent, and after the first goal being a beauty, topped off with an absolute stunner from Quagliarella

Agreed. Some strike. Quagliarella is some boy.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Is Spalletti under pressure at Inter? Shocking start this season losing to Sass and now at home to Parma (although had he made changes ahead of the Spurs game?). A few people had tipped them to be Juve's closest challengers but they look all over the place.

Think the main issue is that there are so many ego's in the side, something that Spaletti seems to struggle with. 

13 hours ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Eusebio di Francesco's coat surely has to be on a shoogly peg now. Horrendous start considering Roma haven't played anything even approaching a top team yet

I think a derby defeat week after next could see him gone, not really his fault though, yet again Roma have sold their best players. They seem to be having numerous protests about it. 

On 9/18/2018 at 15:20, LondonHMFC said:

I really enjoy Italian football, but at times do wish they'd sort themselves out for five fucking minutes.

it's an absolute shambles -they've started the league once - already late - now suspended it again; personally i'm hoping they revise the number of teams and reset the fixtures - over there for ten days soon and there are three Hellas games - on the days that I fly in and out, and away to Salernitana in between which is pretty much unreachable from near Siena there and back in a day - could do with a new fixture list being drawn up ; as it is I'm looking at getting to Empoli v Milan, Pistoiese v Gozzano and Fiorentina v Atalanta...

if there is no decision by the league on Friday of this week, then Serie B will be mothballed until 9th October at the earliest, which is the provisional date set for what would then be the decisive verdict by the ultimate authorities

on top of that, Hellas' game at Cosenza was postponed five minutes before kick off a couple of weeks ago as the pitch was deemed unfit by the referee; they were awarded a 3-0 win as per the regulations, but naturally that's been appealed with the decision pending; if confirmed that'll put 'em second after Cittadella who have won all three games so far (missed put in the play-offs last season).

ETA - as of Thursday 20th, the current suspension of the league has been....suspended; play continues in the short term with the "definitive" meeting now put back a week until Friday 28/09; piss pot organisation - completely laughable

Edited by Herman Hessian

They looked abject at 2-0 yesterday. Didn't tune in early enough to see the goals, but they've looked very frail the other times I've seen them this season. That first half against Atalanta is the worst defensive performance I've seen from a  top flight team all season. His reluctance to play Nzonzi is a bit strange IMO. Surely when you're leaking goals like that you'd want a good ball-winner protecting your back 4. Might be a season too far for De Rossi.