Italian Football Thread

Kris.

On 17/02/2019 at 19:06, DiegoDiego said:

I've seen Treviso a couple of times this season and they are indeed pish. There was also a bit of a trouble when they went to Motta to play Liventina. They're the only team at that level who regularly have police at their games despite not actually having that many fans. Hopefully Portogruaro go up to replace them, they're a much better run club.

Have you ever been to Messina? Another club who made it up, briefly & then plummeted. Fc Messina, then A.C.R Messina, name changes, money woes, large sun-baked San Filippo, 38,000 stadium. This season they are toiling once more, in Serie D group I.

Have you ever been to Messina? Another club who made it up, briefly & then plummeted. Fc Messina, then A.C.R Messina, name changes, money woes, large sun-baked San Filippo, 38,000 stadium. This season they are toiling once more, in Serie D group I.

Nope, wrong end of the country from me, I'm afraid. There are hunners of clubs like that all over Italy though.

Italians take a completely different view from us though. My panini album states that Padova were founded in 2014 but had their best placed finish in 1954.

22 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Nope, wrong end of the country from me, I'm afraid. There are hunners of clubs like that all over Italy though.

Italians take a completely different view from us though. My panini album states that Padova were founded in 2014 but had their best placed finish in 1954.

Padova. Love it :lol:

19 minutes ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

You should have a look at US Ancona, now US Anconitana.

Venezia is also a fine example of financial mismanagement.

Yeah, it's quite fascinating in a way. Basically the same scenarios, over & over again.

I've looked out my old fc Messina shirt

:lol:

20190219_110339.jpg

I'm watching Torino vs Atalanta because it's on DAZN, which is a sports streaming service that I have a free trial of and one thing I love about Italian football is how the refs don't mess around with the cards.  An Atalanta player got booked and the ref ran up to him with the yellow card already out and raised up

I managed to make it to Cittadella yesterday for the game against Lecce. The last time I saw them, in November they were second in the league but over the next ten games they had the joint worst form and found themselves out of the playoffs.

Fortunately for me Lecce were in their away kit so I didn't find myself in the uncomfortable position of rooting against the team in red and yellow. Very decent turn out from their fans though.

Citta won 4-1 despite playing terribly for the first twenty minutes and going behind to a lovely strike. Moncini, their January signing who failed to get a run out for SPAL, replied with a hat trick of very decent headers and they managed a fourth to seal it.

There was a strange moment when the ambulance raced towards the Lecce fans, followed a few minutes later by a hospital helicopter. The stadium was understandably silent but the Cittadella players had obviously missed all that and began to berate the fans for not getting behind them.

Short highlights:

On 2/23/2019 at 14:22, senorsoupe said:

I'm watching Torino vs Atalanta because it's on DAZN, which is a sports streaming service that I have a free trial of 

How are you liking DAZN? From what I've seen it looks excellent. Its from the same company that does the Opta stats and I like the way they incorporate them at half time for some games rather than the meaningless dreary pundit based analysis. 

They seem to be expanding everywhere but unfortunately it looks like it'll be a while before DAZN kicks off in the UK because they're aware of high difficult a market it is to crack and they'll have seen Eleven Sports failing.

21 minutes ago, DG.Roma said:

How are you liking DAZN? From what I've seen it looks excellent. Its from the same company that does the Opta stats and I like the way they incorporate them at half time for some games rather than the meaningless dreary pundit based analysis. 

They seem to be expanding everywhere but unfortunately it looks like it'll be a while before DAZN kicks off in the UK because they're aware of high difficult a market it is to crack and they'll have seen Eleven Sports failing.

It's pretty good, the quality and reliability of the streaming is good.  Currently the content that is available in Canada is decent (but not spectacular) but they are getting the Premier League rights for next season, I'm tempted to buy a full year right now as they may increase the prices for next season. 

So far the only negative is that their La Liga coverage has BeIN sports announcers including the nauseating Ray Hudson.  

I managed to make it to Cittadella yesterday for the game against Lecce. The last time I saw them, in November they were second in the league but over the next ten games they had the joint worst form and found themselves out of the playoffs.

Fortunately for me Lecce were in their away kit so I didn't find myself in the uncomfortable position of rooting against the team in red and yellow. Very decent turn out from their fans though.

Citta won 4-1 despite playing terribly for the first twenty minutes and going behind to a lovely strike. Moncini, their January signing who failed to get a run out for SPAL, replied with a hat trick of very decent headers and they managed a fourth to seal it.

There was a strange moment when the ambulance raced towards the Lecce fans, followed a few minutes later by a hospital helicopter. The stadium was understandably silent but the Cittadella players had obviously missed all that and began to berate the fans for not getting behind them.

Short highlights:

Moncini was incredible on Football Manager a few years back when he was still at Cesena.

Heading over this weekend and have Milan sorted, but also planning on heading over to Bergamo as Atalanta are at home on the Sunday. Anyone been to see them? Thinking of just jumping on the train and grabbing tickets from the club shop in the city centre on the day as it doesn't look to sell out very often.