P&B TV Movie of the week

Shandon Par

1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Saw The Bourne Identity was on ITV 2 the other night, so set the Sky box to tape it.  Went to stick it on last night and it turns out that i've set it up to tape the bit after the break they had half way through for the news.

Seething, heads gone etc

All the Bourne films seem to be on a perpetual loop.  It'll be about two days before it's on again, so fear not.  

Breaking films up for news or, worse still, daft "movie updates", is causing havoc with auld gits like me who don't notice that a film's been split.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5am on Sunday 7th August, TCM

Barry Lyndon

Stanley Kubrick's 3 hour period drama. Also in cinemas this week and here's a quick (5 star) review and the trailer in The Guardian.

Good pick, stand out film!!!

To keep the classy theme going, Sharknado 4 premiers on SyFy tomorrow night (Aug 2nd) at 9pm!!!

• 2 weeks later...

A bit short notice..

Film 4 +1 at 12.15 tonight..

The Breakfast Club

Classic 80s teen comedy drama. Teens get dragged in to detention. Secrets are spilled, friendships made and broken. Sheer class, and Simple Minds never sounded so good.

A bit short notice..

Film 4 +1 at 12.15 tonight..

The Breakfast Club

Classic 80s teen comedy drama. Teens get dragged in to detention. Secrets are spilled, friendships made and broken. Sheer class, and Simple Minds never sounded so good.

Does Barry Manilow know that you raid his wardrobe?

Gutted I missed this, much superior to the often preferred St Elmos Fire.

12 hours ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

No one prefers St Elmo's Fire to The Breakfast Club surely?

Neither one is a patch on Ferris Bueller's Day Off though. I watch that every time it's on and it never gets old.

No one prefers St Elmo's Fire to The Breakfast Club surely?

Neither one is a patch on Ferris Bueller's Day Off though. I watch that every time it's on and it never gets old.

Loved ferris bueller when i was a kid. Watched it as an adult and was shocked at how much i hate the main character. A rich self entitled little shit who manipulates everyone around him shamelessly. I found myself rooting for the teacher. Bueller undoubtedly grows up to be a republican voting financier who would probably have instigated the 2008 crash. Breakfast club tho. St elmos is a more pretentious and faux angsty american pie reunion.

5 minutes ago, dogmc said:

Loved ferris bueller when i was a kid. Watched it as an adult and was shocked at how much i hate the main character. A rich self entitled little shit who manipulates everyone around him shamelessly. I found myself rooting for the teacher. Bueller undoubtedly grows up to be a republican voting financier who would probably have instigated the 2008 crash. Breakfast club tho. St elmos is a more pretentious and faux angsty american pie reunion.

St Elmo's Fire has Rob Lowe with a sleeveless vest, earings, and a mullet whilst playing the sax - nuff said.

Ferris is a cheeky scamp. (I always wondered why Cameron didn't get to drive his Dad's California and had to sit in the back though - that was a dick move).

13 hours ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Very appropriate for me! The only problem I have with the film is that I can't help picturing the teacher being molested by the gorilla on the train in Trading Places. 

35 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Very appropriate for me! The only problem I have with the film is that I can't help picturing the teacher being molested by the gorilla on the train in Trading Places. 

Best line in Trading Places is said by him.

That accent!

It was a quite good Norn Oirish attempt, it's a pity the character he was playing was Suthrn Oirish!!!

Other than that still a good film and forgot how good Ronnie Corbett was in it, a pity he didn't do more roles like that before he popped his clogs!!!

A few with a bit of a theme..

Creepy kids film..

Coraline

11am Friday, Film 4

If you need a family film that can engage the grown ups and entertain the kids, look no further. It really is like a horror film for kids. Creepy house, losing parents, shape shifting - all sorts of levels of creeps. Gorgeous animation too.

Pan's Labyrinth

10.55pm Thursday, Horror Channel

Scary fairtale, 15 cert so not for kids. Just watch and see why it pops up so often now in the lists of best ever movies

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

2.15 am, Saturday, Film 4

From the title and the reputation you might picture some low-rent gore fest. Instead you get a tense, atmospheric classic.

Archived