League One Prediction 2016/17

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

That's some marker been laid down by Alloa, full points from their league cup group. They have to be favourites.

I hope you're right :thumsup2:thumsup2

• 5 months later...
On 24 July 2016 at 18:51, andylivi1 said:

Livingston

Alloa

Airdrie

Stranrear 

Peterhead

East Fife

Brechin

Albion Rovers

Queens Park

Stenhousemuir 

Not too bad, like most others over estimated Stranraer and Peterhead. 

5 outa 10 right so far, long way to go though. 

On 13 July 2016 at 17:37, car number 7 said:

Do you honestly think Livi and Airdrie have a better squads than Stranraer,time to get the blinkers off my friend.

On 16 July 2016 at 11:29, Diamondatheart said:

1.airdrie/alloa

3.stranraer

4.peterhead

5 .livi

9.albionrovers

10.queens park 

On 22 July 2016 at 18:27, colin H said:

Peterhead will win league one I think good side

On 30 July 2016 at 17:19, Rayban74 said:

Top 5

1. Alloa: Can't see past them for top spot.

2. Airdrieonians: Obviously biased but optimistic.

3. Stranraer: Good team but this will be a difficult season.

4. Peterhead: strong at times last year and good enough for a play off position.

5. Livingston: Squad full of old Airdrie players and only one of them to worry about, must try harder.

And Albion Rovers for straight relegation withe QUeens Parknin the relegation playoff

On 2 August 2016 at 15:17, David_86 said:

Alloa
Stranraer
Airdrie
Peterhead
Livingston
Queens Park
Brechin
East Fife
Albion
Stenny

image.jpeg

We have been a major disappointment this season , not just poor but shockingly bad , some big defeats even at home and can't string a few good results together , poor signings , falling attendances and looking like relegation battle , feel if we lose on Saturday the low confidence will fall further and any management change could have been left too late .

2 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

Not too bad, like most others over estimated Stranraer and Peterhead. 

5 outa 10 right so far, long way to go though. 

Most folk over estimated those two and underestimated QP. Can't blame anyone for thinking Alloa would be top, they looked a solid unit and had some start to the season. I wasn't confident at all that Hopkin would get us up, but he's put together a decent team and has actually set us out well against all the other top 4 teams, just the mid table ones we've struggled against but even then it is only really QP he can't figure out, they're the only team to beat us home and away.

2 hours ago, kvz2000 said:

We have been a major disappointment this season , not just poor but shockingly bad , some big defeats even at home and can't string a few good results together , poor signings , falling attendances and looking like relegation battle , feel if we lose on Saturday the low confidence will fall further and any management change could have been left too late .

The crowd was up on Saturday from the past 3 or 4 games,where are your figures from,I remember us getting about 400 in the old League 1 about 10 years ago when the likes of St Mirren and St Johnstone were in our League,the crowd on Saturday was 383.

33 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Most folk over estimated those two and underestimated QP. Can't blame anyone for thinking Alloa would be top, they looked a solid unit and had some start to the season. I wasn't confident at all that Hopkin would get us up, but he's put together a decent team and has actually set us out well against all the other top 4 teams, just the mid table ones we've struggled against but even then it is only really QP he can't figure out, they're the only team to beat us home and away.

I didn't over estimate Stranraer,every man and his dog thought Stranraer would be up there,we were in the playoffs the last 3 seasons and the nucleus of the squad were still here,it hasn't worked out but that's life,I could give you another 100 predictions I have got wrong,if predictions came right every time there would be no bookies,being a Stranraer fan do you think I was going to say we'll struggle,as they say hindsights a wonderful thing.

I didn't over estimate Stranraer,every man and his dog thought Stranraer would be up there,we were in the playoffs the last 3 seasons and the nucleus of the squad were still here,it hasn't worked out but that's life,I could give you another 100 predictions I have got wrong,if predictions came right every time there would be no bookies,being a Stranraer fan do you think I was going to say we'll struggle,as they say hindsights a wonderful thing.

If you estimate that Stranraer will do well and then they don't, you have overestimated.

Just now, hoobahabba said:

If you estimate that Stranraer will do well and then they don't, you have overestimated.

Exactly, all the people that thought they'd do well have a good reason for doing so but they haven't, so they have been overestimated. Same as QP have been underestimated. I underestimated Livi, as most folk on this thread did, I had no confidence in our manager.

Archived