UEFA Nations League

Utterly painful watching Sky and listening to Mills and that other clown's slavering pish. They appeared to have no idea that there are qualifying places available for the Euros via this tournament 

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

I'm delighted to get Albania. I lived there until last October so if anyone needs any toys then I'd be glad to help. I've visited every country in Europe and lived in six of them, Albania is easily my favorite.

Interesting - what took you to Albania?

I lived in Tirana 2008 - 2015, and since then in Podgorica. So that means there's been two Jags fans in the Balkans for a while.

Interesting - what took you to Albania?
I lived in Tirana 2008 - 2015, and since then in Podgorica. So that means there's been two Jags fans in the Balkans for a while.

The hostel trade. Mainly in Shkoder but a few months in Berat as well. I'm not a huge fan of Tirana but since you left they've done up Skanderbeg Square and Pazar i Ri so it's looking shume fucking mire these days.

Sorry to hear about Podgorica.

42 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Greece aren't what they were. We beat Slovenia over the two games last time we played them. Serbia look tough, admittedly. But if they are really good, they'll qualify automatically and we won't have to worry about them.

Correct. Every single team in this section is beatable. If they weren't, they wouldn't be in this section in the first place.

You'd have to be proper glass half empty if you're looking at this and the instant reaction is "won't get through".

35 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

I think I have worked it out if you are in the nations league finals, you will be guaranteed to be in just a five team group for the traditional euro qualifiers

I don't think you have worked that out, its pretty clear in the Euro 2020 qualifying information that this is the case.

1 minute ago, DiegoDiego said:

The hostel trade. Mainly in Shkoder but a few months in Berat as well. I'm not a huge fan of Tirana but since you left they've done up Skanderbeg Square and Pazar i Ri so it's looking shume fucking mire these days.

Sorry to hear about Podgorica.

I still go down every couple of months or so and they've certainly spruced up Skanderberg over the years.

Podgorica is fine, although village like after Tirana, but I know from the travel forum that you aren't much of a fan.

30 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

Utterly painful watching Sky and listening to Mills and that other clown's slavering pish. They appeared to have no idea that there are qualifying places available for the Euros via this tournament 

They clearly hadn't bothered to look into how many aspects (even relegation/promotion) actually work. Not surprising to see Mills ignorantly ranting about an overly complicated system which is nowhere near as complicated as he seems to think.  

1 minute ago, SpoonTon said:

They clearly hadn't bothered to look into how many aspects (even relegation/promotion) actually work. Not surprising to see Mills ignorantly ranting about an overly complicated system which is nowhere near as complicated as he seems to think.  

Worst bit was when he asked what was the point of it all and said players want to go on holiday in June and not play in more glorified friendlies. Real shoddy stuff. 

People having an ignorance lolfest around this are hardly alone.  twitter is full of mouth-breathers who are questioning the point of these games, not realising that this draw is probably far, far more important than the actual qualifying groups.  I get that they're hardly the most exciting opponents, but I don't care if we play twenty uninspiring opponents, the main thing is that we can beat them.  Would they rather we were drawn against Spain and Germany or something? (they probably think that's possible too).

EDIT: Can't wait for the chuckle hour on Super Scoreboard tonight as pundits claim not to understand it, like that's just OK, and caller question why we should care.  Think it's Guidi on on a Wednesday, and he's usually fairly clued up, so I hope every tool that phones up gets told the truth - this draw fucking matters.

Archived