UEFA Nations League

That's fine, although we can now get relegated with a third place finish. :whistle

We're now in the position where we need to finish above Israel and Albania over four games to at worst find ourselves in a playoff with teams at the same level as us to qualify, rather than having to worry about getting an Italy or Spain in the playoffs.

Yes, neither of them are Estonia or Finland level diddies but this is our best chance to qualify in decades. Get the managerial appointment right, for the love of god.

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One question:

My understanding is that the Group Winners will all go into the playoffs for the Euros.

If one or more Group Winners qualify automatically, the playoff place will pass to the next best runners-up(s).

For the purposes of calculating the best runners-up, would results against the fourth-placed team be discounted? Because otherwise we would be at a disadvantage.

3 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

One question:

My understanding is that the Group Winners will all go into the playoffs for the Euros.

If one or more Group Winners qualify automatically, the playoff place will pass to the next best runners-up(s).

For the purposes of calculating the best runners-up, would results against the fourth-placed team be discounted? Because otherwise we would be at a disadvantage.

Aye they do. 

3 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Yes.  They'll also be discounted for calculating the worst 3rd placed team for the purposes of relegation.

1 minute ago, DanMc99 said:

im confused, about the whole qualifying for 2020 process, what happens if  we finish bottom of our group do we still get to the qualfiers? i might sound fuckin stupid but i honestly haven't read too much about this

The only relation between this and the actual qualifiers is that it controls our seeding.  Everyone still plays in the qualifiers, but they'll be considerably more difficult than this.

Just now, forameus said:

The only relation between this and the actual qualifiers is that it controls our seeding.  Everyone still plays in the qualifiers, but they'll be considerably more difficult than this.

ok thank you

11 minutes ago, DanMc99 said:

Scotland, Albania and Israel, 3 countries ravaged by sectarian issues. the Sectarian Section

Having an Israeli stamp in your passport is enough to block your entry into certain other countries, so I'd think about that if you are planning on a trip to Syria or Lebanon  in the near future! :whistle

https://www.roughguides.com/destinations/middle-east/jordan/travel-neighbouring-countries/israeli-stamps-problem/

Guest DAVIDB69

Still can’t see us even if we win the first section , winning a mini tournament with say Serbia , Slovenia and Greece to get a place in the finals

Guest DAVIDB69

A question if we make these play offs in June 19 how do we play these games and a double header of traditional qualifiers as well at the same time

Guest DAVIDB69

I think I have worked it out if you are in the nations league finals, you will be guaranteed to be in just a five team group for the traditional euro qualifiers

Archived