Guest thebullywee

Saltcoats

1. Salt Cot

2. Non Such

3. Sullivans

4. Bar One

5. The Windy Ha'

Think i've been in there.

Got a mate down that way and he has taken me to a couple of boozers, beats a few places i have been to.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest VanderDalgarno

Bit of a struggle to name 5 decent pubs without venturing into Inverness, but here goes

The Marine (Invergordon)

The Raceway (Invergordon)

The Mallard (Dingwall)

The Station Hotel (Alness)

That's it really!

Guest Follow Follow

East Kilbride doesnt have many, but here goes

1. Crystals ( Nightclub )

2. Chows ( Chinese restraunt and bar)

3. Legends ( McCoist's pub - allegedly )

4. Hudsons ( shitehole, but rather cheap compared to all of the above )

5. Shennanigans

East Kilbride doesnt have many, but here goes

1. Crystals ( Nightclub )

2. Chows ( Chinese restraunt and bar)

3. Legends ( McCoist's pub - allegedly )

4. Hudsons ( shitehole, but rather cheap compared to all of the above )

5. Shennanigans

Is Chows the place that got shit down when that woman got arthritis from salmonella poisoning? :unsure:

I think I went there for lunch earlier this year and it was quite nice.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Follow Follow

It's the same staff, same food, and in the same place as when the woman was poisoned - but it was then called Latours

lol

Its good fro a pub nite out though - we had a rtiot on Christmas day there!!

The staff at the bar let some random pour me a Vodka and Coke - it was bloody huge!!

The Bear (The Brown Bear. Lively pub. Main pub on Saturday nights)

The Harrow (local. Play for the pool team)

The Blue Tiger (The Red Lion. Again quite lively)

The Battery (The Brewers Arms. Got loads of big flatscreens. Cheap pint)

The Juan Pablo (The Angel. Another local type pub. Never busy so its good for a quiet pint, darts game, pool ect. Got loads of Berwick stuff up too)

Guest Follow Follow

I've been in every pub u just mentioned BerwickMad, every year at September weekend my family and friends go 2 a caravan site in Berwick - there's usually about 30 or 40 of us who go!

The Brown Bear is class!

We usually go to one which nobody can remeber the name correctly - the Chicken and the Hen? or the Fox and the Hen?

Its right down the end of the town

We also like sum we old fashioned pub with old music memorabilia on the walls and an old dentist chair at the bar. Its nearthe bridge to gp over the water.

And, the bar nearest the camp site - cant remeber the name, its nearest Somerfield and is a dump were u can have mouldy pork pies on the bar - is also, for some unbeknown reason, a favourite haunt of the older farts.

We stay at Magdalane Fields campsite. Just remebered that! Christ, i've only been goin every September weekend for the last 17 years!!

No kiddin, you'll probably know my uncle. He's one of these guys who fucks of himself and talks to everyone - i remebr a few years back, when the pub licencising laws in England meant pubs had to shut at 3pm on a Sunday. Uncle Willie says " Its orite i know a place thats open all day"

He took bloddy four old men who stayed in Berwick all there lives with them as they never knew about it!!

When we go locals stop to talk to him in the street!! Its wierd

Great town is Berwick

I've been in every pub u just mentioned BerwickMad, every year at September weekend my family and friends go 2 a caravan site in Berwick - there's usually about 30 or 40 of us who go!

The Brown Bear is class!

We usually go to one which nobody can remeber the name correctly - the Chicken and the Hen? or the Fox and the Hen?

Its right down the end of the town

We also like sum we old fashioned pub with old music memorabilia on the walls and an old dentist chair at the bar. Its nearthe bridge to gp over the water.

And, the bar nearest the camp site - cant remeber the name, its nearest Somerfield and is a dump were u can have mouldy pork pies on the bar - is also, for some unbeknown reason, a favourite haunt of the older farts.

We stay at Magdalane Fields campsite. Just remebered that! Christ, i've only been goin every September weekend for the last 17 years!!

No kiddin, you'll probably know my uncle. He's one of these guys who fucks of himself and talks to everyone - i remebr a few years back, when the pub licencising laws in England meant pubs had to shut at 3pm on a Sunday. Uncle Willie says " Its orite i know a place thats open all day"

He took bloddy four old men who stayed in Berwick all there lives with them as they never knew about it!!

When we go locals stop to talk to him in the street!! Its wierd

Great town is Berwick

Hen and Chickens is the the pub down the bottom. Its improved quite a bit recently. Dont usually go on a Saturday night, but good all the same.

Barrells is the one with all the music stuff. Its quite good especially downstairs. Has a different crowd as locals but it is still quite good. Under new ownership.

Cant think of the one near Somerfields as it could be 3 or 4. Is it on the main street?

Guest Twynholm

Hamishes

wee barrell(home games)

Hamishes is dear as f'ck 2.80 a pint or something like that :o and the wee barrel isn't a very nice pub IMO ;) i was in there on my 1st visit to love street just sat down and someone tried to sell MADB a stolen car stereo :lol:

Guest Twynholm

Hamishes is dear as f'ck 2.80 a pint or something like that :o and the wee barrel isn't a very nice pub IMO ;) i was in there on my 1st visit to love street just sat down and someone tried to sell MADB a stolen car stereo :lol:

forgot to add that doesnt make it a bad pub :lol: i just didnt like it ;)

The one near Somefield was the Pilot Inn - i remebered after i had posted

Ah right. Never even been into that one so I wouldnt know. Will be about the only pub in Berwick I havent been into.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest philpster

kirkcaldy-

1. starks bar - a minute from the ground, and ran by shaun dennis

2. the novar bar - 10 minutes from the ground, good food, good service, nice pint

3. bar itza - slightly expensive, but the barmaids make up for it :)

4. the elbow room - up the far end of the town, but its my local, always heaving at the weekend, good food, cheap pool table , good pints

5. top o' the toun - another one of my locals, good jukebox, cheap pool table, good service, good pints.

Archived