An Open Letter To The SAFA

thegaffersview

5 hours ago, Disco30 said:

That's exactly what I meant people say aww av seen this or that's happened but don't name said teams. Just adds to speculation and starts a slanging match about who's paying and what , which means a lot of clubs who have never paid a penny get accused of splashing x amount of money when their taking money off players each week to keep a club afloat.

The club's have all been named and it just gets laughed off and nothing gets done about it.

You can't prove a payment that has no payment trail but it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. It happens for a fact as players in receipt of payments or offers they reject tell mates then word gets around etc. 

6 hours ago, dr lector said:

As for the point about " unsavoury insentives" am taking that your talking about the Columbian marching powder being held as a carrot at a certain central Leauge club??  

Thats what happens when youve very dodgy characters running teams in central.

1 hour ago, Crazy Feet said:

The club's have all been named and it just gets laughed off and nothing gets done about it.

You can't prove a payment that has no payment trail but it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. It happens for a fact as players in receipt of payments or offers they reject tell mates then word gets around etc. 

I have no doubt about it that players in the ammy ranks are getting paid so agree with u there. But as for clubs getting named on here am sure there's a few who have been correctly accused of making payments, but I can also guarantee there are a few who have assembled great squads and have worked hard over the course of a season to make the latter stages of cups and challenge for their respective league titles who have been incorrectly slandered and called cheats over people saying they pay money. If u can name 5 clubs u know for a fact pay money then let's hear them ? 

I have no doubt about it that players in the ammy ranks are getting paid so agree with u there. But as for clubs getting named on here am sure there's a few who have been correctly accused of making payments, but I can also guarantee there are a few who have assembled great squads and have worked hard over the course of a season to make the latter stages of cups and challenge for their respective league titles who have been incorrectly slandered and called cheats over people saying they pay money. If u can name 5 clubs u know for a fact pay money then let's hear them ? 

Well said, it's all too easy to accuse a successful team of paying players, name the team and provide the proof. Otherwise let it go

10 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Well said, it's all too easy to accuse a successful team of paying players, name the team and provide the proof. Otherwise let it go

Am in the same boat as the vast majority of posters on here who hate cheaters that are getting away with buying success. But it also irritates me that every successful side in amateur football is either paying players or giving out incentives. Colville park seem to get this year in year out and av never once heard a former player or coach say that they have received payment or paid boys to pay for their club. Apparently there's money men at a whole host of clubs this year going from the Ayrshire leagues with hurlford certainly paying boys as well as the successful shortlees team being accused. Don't think shortlees are imo. Also the likes of possil southside being accused this year. And milngavie wanderers rumoured to be splashing cash as well. It's all hear say and won't believe it till I see it ..... Hurlford being the exception !

Boys this is turning into a soap opera, "columbian marching powder as payments" the only way to get the truth and get this out in the open is for 1 of these people who cant stop talking about it to come out and openly tell everybody who these clubs are and what evidence they have to back it up, i understand people come on here for a noise up etc but the 1's who hide behind usernames and spout shite all over the place trying to tarnish clubs with it really piss me off, if any1 out there has any evidence whatsoever about clubs paying boys or giving them "other payments [emoji103][emoji103]" then lets hear it.. If not then this topic is gonnae just continue for years and years to come

15 hours ago, Disco30 said:

'' I have no doubt about it that players in the ammy ranks are getting paid ''

'' If u can name 5 clubs u know for a fact pay money then let's hear them ? ''

Are you not contradicting yourself there?

I didn't say 5 teams, that's a figure you've just plucked out of thin air.

11 hours ago, Sir Matt Le Tiss said:

Seen the Meadow main striker signed for Possil YM, how does that happen? Guy still in his prime could easily have got a good contract at junior super league. 

You really do need to wonder don't you? A guy who could still be earning a 3 figure weekly wage to play in The Super League just going to ''play with his mates''. Wonder what the wife would think of that if you just flung away 400-500 quid per month because you couldn't be arsed eh?

I have no doubt some amateur clubs are paying players but the subject gets tiresome. Every time the subject is raised we discuss the same stuff and until players come out and report it this will never go away. It doesn't need to be players who have received the money it could be players who have been approached and decided they didn't want to sign for that particular club. The other thing that frustrates me is people on here either imply or state Colville and other honest hard working clubs pay players because of the success they have had over the years. I'm happy to provide names of players I tried to sign this summer and they will confirm if you wish to contact them that have never offered a payment to sign for the club

I also understand how frustrating it must be trying to build a team when other teams have the financial ability to pay players. I suppose I'm in a fortunate position that I manage a club that has ben successful over the last 10 years and has facilities that most juniors clubs would be envious of, and this allows us to a attract players.

The new season is now nearly upon us so hopefully we can start concentrate on some of the positive stuff in the season ahead.

On another note we played Craigshill on sat great game and standard on show for so early on in the season. I'm sure Craigshill will be challenging again for the majors

Don't think a have contradicted myself tbh because imo there are more than 5 teams who pay players but the evidence isn't there. Seen to recall you saying not so long ago that the central league shouldn't be classed as an amateur league any more because of the so called payments being rife in that division. There are more than 5 teams in that league so surely shouldn't be hard to name any 5 that u think are paying. Just pointing out that many a good honest club have their reputations tarnished by hear say and Chinese whispers.

Archived