Bet Fred Cup Last 16 draw and seeding plans

Guest DAVIDB69

Not as depressed as MJC, but not far off. 

Hope Celtuc get through v Astana and play a B team v us. 

Easily the toughest draw. Even at home we would have had a reasonable chance of getting something apart from having our seats ripped out.

It's at time like these I am happy for Hamilton and Inverness - NOT.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Not as depressed as MJC, but not far off. 

Hope Celtuc get through v Astana and play a B team v us. 

Easily the toughest draw. Even at home we would have had a reasonable chance of getting something apart from having our seats ripped out.

It's at time like these I am happy for Hamilton and Inverness - NOT.

Even if they do get through, I honestly think that you'll see Celtic put a huge emphasis on securing a domestic treble this year and therefore take this competition seriously from the get go. Not that that matters mind you, we simply don't have the bottle or the quality to go there to Parkhead and knock Celtic out of a cup so as I said, we'd be as well just not turning up and accepting the 0-3 forfeit right now.

18 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Thistle supporters must fancy their chances against lower league opposition.  

That'll be the complete and utter reaming your team really deserved from the mighty Jags at the end of last season? Hmm, doubt it.

Even if they do get through, I honestly think that you'll see Celtic put a huge emphasis on securing a domestic treble this year and therefore take this competition seriously from the get go. Not that that matters mind you, we simply don't have the bottle or the quality to go there to Parkhead and knock Celtic out of a cup so as I said, we'd be as well just not turning up and accepting the 0-3 forfeit right now.

I wouldn't write you off. Celtic are notoriously poor in the early stages of this competition, and with it running concurrently with their, expected, Euro campaign they'll experiment in this. Where there's an Efe there's a way

Away to Alloa, pretty happy with that. It could have been a lot worse but taking nothing for granted, they topped their group on merit and beat Ross County in midweek.

Likewise.

Reading through some of the responses on steelmemonline (against my better judgement, I may add) and it sickens me the amount of folk putting so much emphasis on the "it's not so bad, cos we'll make money from this tie" angle. Well, I couldn't give two hoots about the money side of things, I'd much rather see us have a decent Cup run for once and leave the worry over the financial stuff to those running the club.

9 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

How much money do you stand to make from this anyways? Surely it's not some great money spinner.

Not as much that it'd be worth sacrificing chance to win a trophy I would confidently guess.

4 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Celtic v Peterhead; Motherwell v Hibs; Ayr v Aberdeen; Dundee Utd/Dunfermline v Alloa; Rangers v QOS; Morton v Hamilton; Partick v ICT; St Johnstone v Hearts

Heard it here first :ph34r:

3 are no bad.....

A trip to Perth and a Neilsonesque 0-0 throws a potential moneyspinner* into the equation.

*unless ties are settled on the night.

Could make history by becoming the first manager to play for the draw in a penalty shoot out.

Archived