The Candy Shop- St Roch's 2016-17

Kinky Afro

A week is a long time in Junior football and just as we had something missing last Saturday, the X factor returned as the sweet taste of the Honey G hit Cambuslang yesterday. Honey...G.... I say Garn, you say gad
Garn... gad
Garn.. mad
Garn.. glad I went as always.
You'll have to go a Lang Lang CambusLang way to find a more vocal support than the Candy Army yesterday who sang for the entire 90, well 95 minutes. The singing, interspersed with some top quality shouts and banter/abuse/genius put downs and behaviour, helped keep me amused as I nervously watched the lads play well in parts but mainly dig in and battle and take the lead against the run of play just before half time and then Weather a footballing Storm which battered our defensive shore for the second 45, well 50. The lads walked ran and battled through the storm and held their heads high as the ref blew for full time after a nerve shredding 5 added minutes. When you play for the Roch, with this fantastic fan base, you are never walking alone.

Despite going in at half time 1-0 up, I thought we were fortunate. We actually played better in the second half and should have scored twice more but every team has chances and as the Candy fans promised to give their Hearts this year to Andy Cameron (to save them from tears apparently?) my heart was pumping round the Christmas joy as I asked my dad did he enjoy the game and he said "They defended well". I love it when teams defend well. When I watch a game as well as shouting encouragement at my own team and abuse at the ref and opposition (I've said before this is mostly pantomime and I try to be witty.. sometimes) but I inwardly frown and mumble to myself about defenders letting people get across them, or not attacking the ball and letting it bounce, or not switching on to second balls or not turning their head to see who's around them and where they are. We did all of those things at times yesterday but, what is undeniable, is that the lads gave it 100% and worked their socks off. The defence were under almost constant pressure and to be honest, how they never scored I don't know. The wee gers have been banging in goals for fun but missed numerous "he must score" chances, brought out a couple of top notch saves from big Starkie and fluffed their finishes a few times. The joy of our goal coming from their defensive blunder compounded the event as John Sweeney Todd, the demon shin shaver of old Royston Road, and the subject of some debate this season amongst home and away fans, capped off a hard working and disciplined shift by smashing in a poor blind header pass back attempt, on the volley, to send the large travelling Candy Support on the Sweetie Shop terracing into delerium. Perhaps someone should have given the Seasonal Shout of "He's behind you" but they didn't and it got the Candy show on the road, the goal was the highlight of this gritty hard working and disciplined performance. The fans cheered every tackle and greeted a won throw in like a goal. Supporters like that definitely help a team over the line, especially when they are under and onslaught. An absolute credit to the club. At the final whistle the fans went mental as did the bench. Handshakes were exchanged and we signed 2016 off on a winning note with the promise of more to come dangling ahead in a 2017 carrot.

A fluorescent police presence guarded the exits as the big crowd made their way for the cars and minibuses that would leave this year's football in the past and as I sat in the car park traffic jam maybe 30 cars from the lights, I switched off the engine and wound down the window to breathe in the sweet smell of fresh air victory. I looked forward then left then in the mirror behind me then right (I did say I want defenders to do that and old habits die hard) and catching my eye I spot a passenger in the car to my side balancing some white powder on a bit of paper. He spotted me for a second before swiftly sniffing it up his hooter. I motioned for him to wind the window down.... "Has it been snowing mate?" A nervous twitch and giggle before we had a chat about the game. They were Bellshill fans who came through to watch the top of the table clash as their game was called off. They complimented the fantastic away support and said they enjoyed the game. They were just waiting in the car park they said as there was a hole in their exhaust and didn't want to drive past the boys in blue. "That's the least of your worries with the polis" I though as I bode them farewell left them to sniff away and joined the camel trail snaking out past the ground and onto the darkening roads and headed north. I set the Christmas Star Sat Nav for home and followed it in anticipation and hope for the Festivities ahead. What a year his has been..... given a final golden star on the top of my football 2016 tree by the lads yesterday. Congratulations again to you all. Christmas Candy Crackers!

I look at where I am today compared to this time last year and think back to all the great things and major events that have happened in 2016. I smile. I have done a lot and come a long way and of course I know I have still got a long way to go and plenty to overcome, but I have made positive changes for me and my gal. This year's football is finished and yesterday's game ranks almost as highly as the almost orgasmic joy experienced at St Andrews on the last day of last season as the Hoose scored in the 93rd minute to secure the 2 goal victory to stay up on goal difference by 1. I have experienced, like us all, footballing lows and highs and found a new object for my Saturday Desires. Following St Roch's has been great fun and I have loved every second of it. It has reinforced my love of the game and reaffirmed my belief in the good at the heart of us all and confirmed my long held mantra that there are better times ahead and that nothing stays the same forever. 2017 is going to be a fabulous year, born of hope and sure to bring us ups and downs. St Roch's are a cracking side on their day and I can't wait for our next game. Perhaps a few neutrals reading this might come along and see us next year. You will always be made welcome at James McGrory Park. I might even stand you Pie & Bovril?

I would like to thank friends new and old on this forum for their kind words of support and kicks up the backside when required. You know who you are. I have loved writing about my adventures at the games this year. I have been all over the country, east and west and hopefully it has made you smile at times but made you think about my team and given you an insight into the mad world I seem to find myself in following junior football. Credit must go to every single player, good or bad, fast or slow, "the size of a gable end" or "3 stane lighter than a greyhoond". Without the players then us fans would have nothing to watch and nothing to write or moan or rejoice about. Next year I'm going to watch and write and moan and rejoice... I'm a Candy fan.. what else can I do??

Mon the Santa,
Mon the 2017,
Mon the Candy!
MTC

IMG_1482064174.503368.jpg.e2e000a2905f74

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I spoke to the big lad yesterday and he is waiting for test results and thinks he will need another cruciate operation and will most likely be out for this season. Damn shame as he was coming onto a game early in the season.

FFS. Thats terrible news for the big man
and the club. Spoke to him in a dennistoun cafe & he was enjoying back playing regular. If Duffy was still our manager he would have probably still been our player & he became an unfair scapegoat for our current manager playing 4-3-3 at ibrox and losing 8-1. Crazy decision considering we were probably the only team to play that formation in govan in feck knows & a 3rd div team at that to boot....

Best of luck for rest of season[emoji106]

On 18/12/2016 at 12:29, Kinky Afro said:

A week is a long time in Junior football and just as we had something missing last Saturday, the X factor returned as the sweet taste of the Honey G hit Cambuslang yesterday. Honey...G.... I say Garn, you say gad
Garn... gad
Garn.. mad
Garn.. glad I went as always.
You'll have to go a Lang Lang CambusLang way to find a more vocal support than the Candy Army yesterday who sang for the entire 90, well 95 minutes. The singing, interspersed with some top quality shouts and banter/abuse/genius put downs and behaviour, helped keep me amused as I nervously watched the lads play well in parts but mainly dig in and battle and take the lead against the run of play just before half time and then Weather a footballing Storm which battered our defensive shore for the second 45, well 50. The lads walked ran and battled through the storm and held their heads high as the ref blew for full time after a nerve shredding 5 added minutes. When you play for the Roch, with this fantastic fan base, you are never walking alone.

Despite going in at half time 1-0 up, I thought we were fortunate. We actually played better in the second half and should have scored twice more but every team has chances and as the Candy fans promised to give their Hearts this year to Andy Cameron (to save them from tears apparently?) my heart was pumping round the Christmas joy as I asked my dad did he enjoy the game and he said "They defended well". I love it when teams defend well. When I watch a game as well as shouting encouragement at my own team and abuse at the ref and opposition (I've said before this is mostly pantomime and I try to be witty.. sometimes) but I inwardly frown and mumble to myself about defenders letting people get across them, or not attacking the ball and letting it bounce, or not switching on to second balls or not turning their head to see who's around them and where they are. We did all of those things at times yesterday but, what is undeniable, is that the lads gave it 100% and worked their socks off. The defence were under almost constant pressure and to be honest, how they never scored I don't know. The wee gers have been banging in goals for fun but missed numerous "he must score" chances, brought out a couple of top notch saves from big Starkie and fluffed their finishes a few times. The joy of our goal coming from their defensive blunder compounded the event as John Sweeney Todd, the demon shin shaver of old Royston Road, and the subject of some debate this season amongst home and away fans, capped off a hard working and disciplined shift by smashing in a poor blind header pass back attempt, on the volley, to send the large travelling Candy Support on the Sweetie Shop terracing into delerium. Perhaps someone should have given the Seasonal Shout of "He's behind you" but they didn't and it got the Candy show on the road, the goal was the highlight of this gritty hard working and disciplined performance. The fans cheered every tackle and greeted a won throw in like a goal. Supporters like that definitely help a team over the line, especially when they are under and onslaught. An absolute credit to the club. At the final whistle the fans went mental as did the bench. Handshakes were exchanged and we signed 2016 off on a winning note with the promise of more to come dangling ahead in a 2017 carrot.

A fluorescent police presence guarded the exits as the big crowd made their way for the cars and minibuses that would leave this year's football in the past and as I sat in the car park traffic jam maybe 30 cars from the lights, I switched off the engine and wound down the window to breathe in the sweet smell of fresh air victory. I looked forward then left then in the mirror behind me then right (I did say I want defenders to do that and old habits die hard) and catching my eye I spot a passenger in the car to my side balancing some white powder on a bit of paper. He spotted me for a second before swiftly sniffing it up his hooter. I motioned for him to wind the window down.... "Has it been snowing mate?" A nervous twitch and giggle before we had a chat about the game. They were Bellshill fans who came through to watch the top of the table clash as their game was called off. They complimented the fantastic away support and said they enjoyed the game. They were just waiting in the car park they said as there was a hole in their exhaust and didn't want to drive past the boys in blue. "That's the least of your worries with the polis" I though as I bode them farewell left them to sniff away and joined the camel trail snaking out past the ground and onto the darkening roads and headed north. I set the Christmas Star Sat Nav for home and followed it in anticipation and hope for the Festivities ahead. What a year his has been..... given a final golden star on the top of my football 2016 tree by the lads yesterday. Congratulations again to you all. Christmas Candy Crackers!

I look at where I am today compared to this time last year and think back to all the great things and major events that have happened in 2016. I smile. I have done a lot and come a long way and of course I know I have still got a long way to go and plenty to overcome, but I have made positive changes for me and my gal. This year's football is finished and yesterday's game ranks almost as highly as the almost orgasmic joy experienced at St Andrews on the last day of last season as the Hoose scored in the 93rd minute to secure the 2 goal victory to stay up on goal difference by 1. I have experienced, like us all, footballing lows and highs and found a new object for my Saturday Desires. Following St Roch's has been great fun and I have loved every second of it. It has reinforced my love of the game and reaffirmed my belief in the good at the heart of us all and confirmed my long held mantra that there are better times ahead and that nothing stays the same forever. 2017 is going to be a fabulous year, born of hope and sure to bring us ups and downs. St Roch's are a cracking side on their day and I can't wait for our next game. Perhaps a few neutrals reading this might come along and see us next year. You will always be made welcome at James McGrory Park. I might even stand you Pie & Bovril?

I would like to thank friends new and old on this forum for their kind words of support and kicks up the backside when required. You know who you are. I have loved writing about my adventures at the games this year. I have been all over the country, east and west and hopefully it has made you smile at times but made you think about my team and given you an insight into the mad world I seem to find myself in following junior football. Credit must go to every single player, good or bad, fast or slow, "the size of a gable end" or "3 stane lighter than a greyhoond". Without the players then us fans would have nothing to watch and nothing to write or moan or rejoice about. Next year I'm going to watch and write and moan and rejoice... I'm a Candy fan.. what else can I do??

Mon the Santa,
Mon the 2017,
Mon the Candy!
MTC

IMG_1482064174.503368.jpg

Yeah , as you say , your fans are a credit to your club. On Saturday you appeared to have fans from the Irish republic & even more impressive, some fans who travelled half way around the world  from Palestine to cheer on 'the candy'. 

That's dedication for you. 

2 hours ago, Rizzler said:

Any word on whats happening with the wishaw game??

According to what I have heard st rochs have been asked to a west region meeting to discuss events . If this is true hope they stick to their word as Andy said on the day " if wishaw are awarded the points they won't appeal it they deserved their win on the day " . Also mentioned that if it was replayed he gave Chris his word "that they would give wishaw 2 goals of a start " this would turn it in to a farce if this was to happen . 

We will abide by whatever decision the committee make

Unfortunately allowing a two goal lead although in principle would be a good idea - (even though Wishaws 3rd goal was offside) the rules of the game would prevent that from happening due to betting etc.

It will be up to the committee to decide how they deal with the abandonment.

& even more impressive, some fans who travelled half way around the world  from Palestine to cheer on 'the candy'. 

Nice of you to pick up on that point out of everything that happened on Saturday. Sometimes you just need to take life for what it is. Just as well it wasn't a poppy or perhaps the SJFA would follow FIFA's lead and fine us...

I thought that after some quite fair (I ain't blind) and some unfair reporting about our fans this season (and I have been at the games concerned right beside them) it was quite right that I gave them some well deserved credit. They provided one of the most vocal backings I have heard at any junior ground home or away, East region and West, in the last 5 seasons. Well done again.

MTC!

3 hours ago, Kinky Afro said:

Nice of you to pick up on that point out of everything that happened on Saturday. Sometimes you just need to take life for what it is. Just as well it wasn't a poppy or perhaps the SJFA would follow FIFA's lead and fine us...

I thought that after some quite fair (I ain't blind) and some unfair reporting about our fans this season (and I have been at the games concerned right beside them) it was quite right that I gave them some well deserved credit. They provided one of the most vocal backings I have heard at any junior ground home or away, East region and West, in the last 5 seasons. Well done again.

MTC!

Care to elaborate on what part of life your recommending I should 'take for what it is?'

Bizarre request ....

At one game this season I heard an opposition fan ask one of the guys in question "Why the flag?" his reply was "ma ma's a Palestinian"... what can I say to that reposnse?? Sometimes you just have to take life as it is.

There is an assumption from some people (not me) that every person associated with every club are wholly responsible for the views and opinions of every other person associated with that club. Are all Celtic Rangers HIBS Hearts Cambuslang or Candy fans the same? I don't think every Kilwinning Rangers fan is a racist and I said so at the time, please don't make an assumption that I or anyone else is condoning anything anyone may chose to do or say for whatever cause they want. You can't spend your life condemning or apologising or justifying or backing everything that someone else does. Look at the game on Saturday and see it for what it is. A lower level junior football game in Scotland. Be honest with yourself and talk about what you think and feel but don't assume someone else thinks something without knowing them. I call what I see and I am not having a go at you, I sometimes just take things the way they are. I never mentioned the number 3 making w****r signs to the fans, or twice pushing big B as he walked off as a late sub (all be it at a snails pace having been sent as far away from the dug out by the bench 20 seconds before he was given the hook). I never mentioned the stupid "I've just sold the jerseys when we are 1 down and chasing the game by jumping like a silly wee boy into a two fittid challenge and getting a red card" episode, they happened but that's football and I don't think CR fans are dirty tacklers or gesticulators. I just think that some people take things too seriously at times and since moving back to the west of Scotland I have noticed "the divide" and all the bollox shite and pish that causes in both sides. I got pelters from Muirkirk fans and manager on here cos I said they were pish and one of the worst team I have seen in 5 years. I thought they were but they were only young boys out of their depth, I gave them credit though for at least trying and not giving up. I don't mind being called out for what I say or do but not for what someone else does. I am not unfair and as you will see (or perhaps haven't) I don't defend our fans or players either when they let themselves down. Take what you want from it. I really do hope though that you are not implying that I am guilty of something someone else done?? I don't mind you having a go about something I've said or done as I'll try to explain it as I see it. I enjoyed the game Saturday, I have known Ian Stewart from my time at the Hoose and had nothing but positive dealings with all at CR on Saturday, from the gate man to the Pie stall man (I was the first there when he pulled the shutters up) to the busy bar at half time with my old man and with home fans on the terraces. After all the good and bad football incidents that happened on Saturday, making an issue of a flag or a poppy or "he's just a *** with a whistle" sums up some people's agenda and saddens me. I'll leave that alone thanks as I am not falling into that pish. Sometimes though, I just have to take life as it is because I am sure I am not the only person who knows that there are far far far more important things than that.

Yours, under a sporting flag.

MTC

7 hours ago, StRochsFC said:

We will abide by whatever decision the committee make

Unfortunately allowing a two goal lead although in principle would be a good idea - (even though Wishaws 3rd goal was offside) the rules of the game would prevent that from happening due to betting etc.

It will be up to the committee to decide how they deal with the abandonment.

Hope the committee see sense and award wishaw the match then as it would be totally unfair to replay as they were winning 3-1 with 7 mins left st rochs down to 10 men with another receiving 2nd yellow during the stoppage that was not reported and had 6 players on a booking . So to replay the match would be unfair on wishaw or any other teams that would be challenging for promotion at end of season if st rochs were to be given a second chance to win match with 11 players no one on a yellow card and 90 mins to do so . 

No bother pal - you are entitled to your opinion - as I said we will respect the opinion of the committee.

I don't think that I or anyone from St Roch's (probably not Wishaw either for that matter) should comment on the ifs, buts and maybes until that decision is made - 

all the best

Andy

2 hours ago, Kinky Afro said:

At one game this season I heard an opposition fan ask one of the guys in question "Why the flag?" his reply was "ma ma's a Palestinian"... what can I say to that reposnse?? Sometimes you just have to take life as it is.

There is an assumption from some people (not me) that every person associated with every club are wholly responsible for the views and opinions of every other person associated with that club. Are all Celtic Rangers HIBS Hearts Cambuslang or Candy fans the same? I don't think every Kilwinning Rangers fan is a racist and I said so at the time, please don't make an assumption that I or anyone else is condoning anything anyone may chose to do or say for whatever cause they want. You can't spend your life condemning or apologising or justifying or backing everything that someone else does. Look at the game on Saturday and see it for what it is. A lower level junior football game in Scotland. Be honest with yourself and talk about what you think and feel but don't assume someone else thinks something without knowing them. I call what I see and I am not having a go at you, I sometimes just take things the way they are. I never mentioned the number 3 making w****r signs to the fans, or twice pushing big B as he walked off as a late sub (all be it at a snails pace having been sent as far away from the dug out by the bench 20 seconds before he was given the hook). I never mentioned the stupid "I've just sold the jerseys when we are 1 down and chasing the game by jumping like a silly wee boy into a two fittid challenge and getting a red card" episode, they happened but that's football and I don't think CR fans are dirty tacklers or gesticulators. I just think that some people take things too seriously at times and since moving back to the west of Scotland I have noticed "the divide" and all the bollox shite and pish that causes in both sides. I got pelters from Muirkirk fans and manager on here cos I said they were pish and one of the worst team I have seen in 5 years. I thought they were but they were only young boys out of their depth, I gave them credit though for at least trying and not giving up. I don't mind being called out for what I say or do but not for what someone else does. I am not unfair and as you will see (or perhaps haven't) I don't defend our fans or players either when they let themselves down. Take what you want from it. I really do hope though that you are not implying that I am guilty of something someone else done?? I don't mind you having a go about something I've said or done as I'll try to explain it as I see it. I enjoyed the game Saturday, I have known Ian Stewart from my time at the Hoose and had nothing but positive dealings with all at CR on Saturday, from the gate man to the Pie stall man (I was the first there when he pulled the shutters up) to the busy bar at half time with my old man and with home fans on the terraces. After all the good and bad football incidents that happened on Saturday, making an issue of a flag or a poppy or "he's just a *** with a whistle" sums up some people's agenda and saddens me. I'll leave that alone thanks as I am not falling into that pish. Sometimes though, I just have to take life as it is because I am sure I am not the only person who knows that there are far far far more important things than that.

Yours, under a sporting flag.

MTC

I'm baffled why you, not once , but twice mentioned poppies, suggesting that 'just as well it wasn't a poppy or maybe the SJFA would follow FIFA's lead & fine us' , then bizarrely in another post you say 'making an issue of a poppy or a flag saddens you' , when it was you & only you who mentioned it!

I obviously struck a raw nerve when I praised some of your fans for travelling from the Middle East for Saturday's game.  They were also at the reverse fixture at your place earlier in the season , all having impressive Glasgow accents to boot. As I said earlier, that's dedication for you. 

Listen , I'll be honest with you (if you haven't already worked it out), I was being facetious when I posted about your 'global fan base', but this has obviously 'got your dander up'& incredibly, but not unexpectedly your now playing the victim card. 

I'd agree with you , but then we'd both be wrong.....

Of course I realised your comment was in jest and my statement was a comment about myself, my feelings towards it and why I ignore some stuff. Read between the lines. Sometimes, despite what you think or hope for, life is just the way it is. You can accept it or don't. Ur I know you can't fight everything. I'm sure you did get the poppy bollox political statement reference today with the FIFA fines, you seem switched on so I'm not buying your ignorance!! Thanks for having a look into the Candy thread and joining in. It's always good to chat with opposition fans either in person at the game or on here... especially when you've beaten them home and away and they haven't scored against you!! See?? Now that is a better bit of banter isn't it :-) All the best.
MTDebate

6 hours ago, Kinky Afro said:

Of course I realised your comment was in jest and my statement was a comment about myself, my feelings towards it and why I ignore some stuff. Read between the lines. Sometimes, despite what you think or hope for, life is just the way it is. You can accept it or don't. Ur I know you can't fight everything. I'm sure you did get the poppy bollox political statement reference today with the FIFA fines, you seem switched on so I'm not buying your ignorance!! Thanks for having a look into the Candy thread and joining in. It's always good to chat with opposition fans either in person at the game or on here... especially when you've beaten them home and away and they haven't scored against you!! See?? Now that is a better bit of banter isn't it :-) All the best.
MTDebate

You finished there with an undeniable fact , you guys won both games 1-0. 

Maybe that's why 2 of your fans decided to fire 'imaginary rifles' in the air at full time on Saturday in celebration of your victories. I can't think why else they would pull such a stunt ........... well actually I can , but we'll leave that for another day , which brings us back to the original debate , which you like to deflect from , your fans , who you proudly claimed in an earlier post are 'an absolute credit to your club'. If my clubs fans behaved in such a way I'd be embarrassed, but you seem to think it's acceptable & you appear to be defending them & trying to play it down. Maybe in your heart of hearts you honestly cringe at their behaviour, but your never gonna admit that on an open forum , or maybe you will.

I'll not bother holding my breath.

Again, you can't hold me responsible for something that you say they did. I wouldn't condone that if I saw it believe me. As I said though, since moving back to the West I have been quite frankly amazed at some of the pish that goes on on both side under the banner of football. Lord above, it is just a game and surely we are witty and clever enough to argue our case and discuss things and have some good barbed banter without all that? That's why I steer away from it cos I think if you ever go swimming in that pool you'll always smell of it. However, there were a lot of Candy fans there on Saturday so tarring with the same brush etc. Believe me fella, I have condemned Candy fans and players on this forum for stupidity and would do so again without hesitation, so you should or could have stopped holding your breath long ago. I believe you are just reporting the facts you saw so I take you at face value and can't argue with you. My comment about them being a credit was made as what I saw and more importantly heard, was a group of fans following their team away from home to the league leaders who watched them get the run around for large parts of the game but battle under the sword, who stuck by them and vocally backed them every step of the way, through to and including the last peep of the poor ref's 95th minute whistle. Perhaps if the entire far side shed had stayed instead of spitting the dummy and walking out early cos we didn't capitulate like some of the teams you have pumped 8 or 9 in against, well perhaps YOUR team may have been helped on by YOUR fans instead of banging away at a locked door like a provvy collector on Christmas Eve. Perhaps then you wouldn't have been so touchy had you got a point or a win?? Perhaps you would still have been?
At this time of the year it is all pantomime anyway, or it should be. Some people watch the local panto with the eye of a west end critic. Tell me luvvy, did dear old Larry pretend to fire a gun and wave a foreign flag or did he spit out his dummy darling and leave before the final curtain?? The critics will always have a field day. Oh yes he did, oh no he didn't.

Enjoy the friendly banter and the game mate, even if you don't like all of it, sometimes you just have to take it for what it is and don't let their bad spoil your good. All the best for 2017 and the rest of the season. I hope that, just like Saturday, you come second.. again.

MTC!

19 hours ago, blue manalishi said:

Yeah , as you say , your fans are a credit to your club. On Saturday you appeared to have fans from the Irish republic & even more impressive, some fans who travelled half way around the world  from Palestine to cheer on 'the candy'. 

that's racism for you. So if you're from Palestine or Ireland, you're not allowed to follow the candy?! Take your racism elsewhere sir

some of these fixtures get made out to b what they're not. When St Rochs play anyone with "Rangers" in their name or Larkhall, it gets built up into an Old Firm game. Creates a pressure cooker. It's hard to police these games, and I feel for anyone trying to police it. I feel for Larkhall a lot of the time too, as they are an all inclusive club and I've never heard any bigotry down there. I feel they're kind of burdened by their name. Some players wont sign for them because they think its Larkhall n will b a heavy proddy club, but nothing is further from the truth.

Archived