The Candy Shop- St Roch's 2016-17

Kinky Afro

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hear we have finished off the year by adding a new Italian to the squad.....IMG_1482582059.582566.jpg.e3523329a49dcf

Even though a lot of people think we are just...
IMG_1482582071.578362.jpg.698f31f6205528

Merry Christmas to all the Candy folk and best wishes to everyone who reads this. Spend this Christmas with a smile on your face and with fun in your heart and if you are lucky enough to have someone to love, cherish it and make sure they know how much you love them.

Mon the Candy, mon the Shandy, mon the Santa!

Great year for the candy! Alot of good people at the club and trying to do things the right way and giving alot back to the community. The club will always hold a special place in my heart from my time there! Merry christmas to all at the candy

Dak and all at auchinairn star

Hopefully be a sucessful 2017 for both clubs

As per the half wit fifty percenters, shoot your keyboard at the messenger and miss the point...... that's deffo 50% of the pish through here in the west... chances are you won't even have a clue what this picture (I just posted the pic and no comment) was referring to but there will be a 50% chance you wouldn't care anyway even if you did.
50% + 50% = 1 whole.. an arse whole... get ower yersel...

MTC!

What does 2017 hold in store for the Candy? Look back on 2016 and be thankful for all we have achieved but don't stop..... please, don't stop. This year is going to a brilliant one for all of us I am sure. There are, most definitely, better times ahead.

"It is best to cherish what you have. Positivity is the spirit to carry along with you that can enlighten inspirational thoughts in you. Giving up is not the solution, and moving on is all one needs."

Happy new year to you all.

Mon the 2017
Mon the Candy!!

IMG_1483273853.809893.jpg.0b5e28f76ebe82

whats chances of this game going ahead? heard from boy in work that a few super premier teams have been looking at keiran marrtin and robert mcguire. If true hopefully wont be until summer and they finish what they have started this season! MTC 

I would hope and expect the game to be on... it's been a bit frosty but surely the pitch will hold up... it is forecast rain but I'm doing an anti rain dance. I know a few P&B east coasters are coming through and I'm sure they will enjoy it, as long as they wrap up warm!!

KM & RM.... the MM twins (that doesn't sound right tho.. [emoji15] I'll think of something else) have both been fantastic this season and can each grab a goal. Goal scoring midfielders are a valuable resource at any level and it is no surprise they are attracting attention.. I do hope though that they stay (the club won't want them to go
I'm sure) and I don't think any of the fans would like to see them move. If anything, we probably need to add to the squad as playing when down to the bare bones leaves us exposed and scrapping for, and lucky to get, anything (away at Bellshill) and getting turned over (Away at Wishae).
After the festive break where the only football was TV Turkey Dinners and a bounce game against the Ants at the North Pole Chill Wind Observation Station at the Cage behind the wee Roch, I am looking forward to getting back into it with a local derby on Saturday. I'm sure I read somewhere that ex celt Bobby Petta had signed for Rossvale but if he's still there and playing, I hope he ends up with a Petta'd lip on Saturday. (I should have kept that for Sunday's match report!!)

For fear of sounding like Boaby the Barman I'll leave naming the Dynamic Duo for now but I'm sure I'll think of something soon.. twit & twat... ? naw, I'm leaving it..

See you all on Saturday.

Mon the Candy!
MTC

I was contacted today by someone who said Gartcairn had posted something about coming in for 2 of our lads, John Sweeney and James McKnight. I then saw something from a Roch poster on another site.. I know more than anyone that you can't always believe what you read on here though. I was hoping someone who might know a bit more than me might have heard something?? That's 4 players I've heard mentioned today.. I don't think it is a surprise bearing in mind where we are in the league and the quality of the players mentioned....
Can we not shut the selling transfer windae and keep the incoming one open??

Gartcairn have said nothing about any of our players 

Candybhoy is the only guy who has mentioned Keiran, Rab, Sweeney and Skip moving on  - not sure his source tbh - but not correct 

I am close to wee Davie and also to PK (mentioned on another thread) and it is unfair on both of them to have rumours about St Roch's players. Believe it or not people actually believe what they read on here 

anyway - all the best and see you on Saturday ..

Archived