The Candy Shop- St Roch's 2016-17

Kinky Afro

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Kinky Afro said:

Again, you can't hold me responsible for something that you say they did. I wouldn't condone that if I saw it believe me. As I said though, since moving back to the West I have been quite frankly amazed at some of the pish that goes on on both side under the banner of football. Lord above, it is just a game and surely we are witty and clever enough to argue our case and discuss things and have some good barbed banter without all that? That's why I steer away from it cos I think if you ever go swimming in that pool you'll always smell of it. However, there were a lot of Candy fans there on Saturday so tarring with the same brush etc. Believe me fella, I have condemned Candy fans and players on this forum for stupidity and would do so again without hesitation, so you should or could have stopped holding your breath long ago. I believe you are just reporting the facts you saw so I take you at face value and can't argue with you. My comment about them being a credit was made as what I saw and more importantly heard, was a group of fans following their team away from home to the league leaders who watched them get the run around for large parts of the game but battle under the sword, who stuck by them and vocally backed them every step of the way, through to and including the last peep of the poor ref's 95th minute whistle. Perhaps if the entire far side shed had stayed instead of spitting the dummy and walking out early cos we didn't capitulate like some of the teams you have pumped 8 or 9 in against, well perhaps YOUR team may have been helped on by YOUR fans instead of banging away at a locked door like a provvy collector on Christmas Eve. Perhaps then you wouldn't have been so touchy had you got a point or a win?? Perhaps you would still have been?
At this time of the year it is all pantomime anyway, or it should be. Some people watch the local panto with the eye of a west end critic. Tell me luvvy, did dear old Larry pretend to fire a gun and wave a foreign flag or did he spit out his dummy darling and leave before the final curtain?? The critics will always have a field day. Oh yes he did, oh no he didn't.

Enjoy the friendly banter and the game mate, even if you don't like all of it, sometimes you just have to take it for what it is and don't let their bad spoil your good. All the best for 2017 and the rest of the season. I hope that, just like Saturday, you come second.. again.

MTC!

A question for you ,   when did I hold you responsible for something your fellow fans did?  Maybe you'll be man enough to admit to making that bit up. You'd go up in my estimation if you did. 

You also say that your 'frankly amazed at some of the pish that goes on on both sides under the banner of football'   , well it's hardly both sides is it? Be honest with yourself.  Another stealth deflection from you in trying to liken other clubs fans behaviour to that of your own fans. 

Anyway, we've done that to death. You seem, on the whole , to be comfortable with the actions & behaviour of your fellow st roch fans , so carry on. 

I think you were a bit unfair on our fans too if you don't mind me saying. I was in the shed & as the minutes ticked away most of them had congregated behind the goal you guys were defending, I'd guess in a desperate attempt to suck the ball into the net & to make a quick exit after the defeat that was imminent. All the 'well kent' faces from our support we're still in the ground when the full time whistle went , believe me. 

I'm pleasantly surprised to read that you hope we finish second.  I'd have thought ,reading between the lines that you'd prefer if we finished further down the table, or even relegated. 

Thanks for the good wishes in hoping that we get promotion. Very sporting of you. 

I do notice among all this banter that no one appears to mention the St Roch's supporters striking the CAMBUSLANG​ player near the away dug out. Is it a case of no one else seen it but me?

Saw it jim,but didnt want 2 mention it in case it was seen as sour grapes.

2 hours ago, hardest ned in glasgow said:

that's racism for you. So if you're from Palestine or Ireland, you're not allowed to follow the candy?! Take your racism elsewhere sir

Very impressed that you can type a post out so well while obviously wearing a straight jacket. Well I suppose you've had years to master this. 

Oh & thanks for hitting  the green rep button.  Maybe the straight jacket routine needs some work. 

Feel free to hit the red now. I'd take it as a compliment

:lol:

No sour grapes from us. We weren't at our usual shit hot selfs on Saturday. These things happen. Its a minor blip that we will get over. I just found it strange that no one else thought it worthy of mentioning. Even Jim O'Donnell elected not to mention it in his times report on Monday.

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

For God sake give it a rest.

Two guys had flags with them that might have annoyed some people - while I do not necessarily see the need to bring flags to games I argue the case that as long as they are not being confrontational then let them be. Not saying you were annoyed Blue Manalishi but hopefully you get my point.

Unfortunately Kinki is on the money about going both ways  -in the past month one of our players were punched at a ground, our own ground was targeted by vandals who sprayed graffiti everywhere, myself and players have been abused as Fxxxxxn Bxxxxxxs even though some are from the other persuasion. The difference is that we do not come on here and cause a fuss about it - the way I see it is that it is not the fault of other clubs that some of their "fans" have acted in an inappropriate manner.

On this occasion I thought our fans were excellent on Saturday with their vocal backing of the team - yes the flags are not everyones cup of tea but are they really doing any harm? We have recently set up a fans forum with the view of introducing "self policing" particularly at away games and it was effective on Saturday as when one or two were straying towards being out of order they were kept in check by the majority.

Lads - a player did not get hit by a fan - no chance - I don't know what you thought you saw but it simply did not happen. for what its worth I also thought the Camby fans were great on Saturday and gave good backing to their team - the shout for the penalty came from 100 voices (thankfully only the ref never heard it :) ).

Cambuslang are the best team that we have played so far and we probably rode our luck on Saturday but please give it a rest with the flags stuff and unfounded allegations - remember I was at the away dug out and can assure you what you think you saw Jim did not happen.

Anyway all the best to Camby for the rest of the season - personally glad we don't need to meet in the league again this season - don't hink my ticker could take another 95 minutes like Saturday - I also think that if we continue to take over 100 fans to away games while filling other clubs coffers maybe collectively we need to look at how games are Stewarded - this is not a criticism of Cambuslang just an observation that when there is so many people at games it may be worth thinking about.

We ourselves had an incident v Kilwwining recently and have taken on board valuable lessons gong forward - we were caught cold. maybe if we continue to take such large crowds to away games there should be some communication prior to games  -I am honestly trying to be productive hear and not deflecting from anything.

A wee (genuine) question to Lang, Jim and BM - what sort of crowd did Auckinlech bring recently and was it manageable - hopefully both of us keep up good form and are lucky enough to be promoted when bigger crowds will be a norm so no harm in having strategy in place (particularly for us) to deal with it.

All the best to all of you

Andy

Two guys had flags with them that might have annoyed some people - while I do not necessarily see the need to bring flags to games I argue the case that as long as they are not being confrontational then let them be. Not saying you were annoyed Blue Manalishi but hopefully you get my point.
Unfortunately Kinki is on the money about going both ways  -in the past month one of our players were punched at a ground, our own ground was targeted by vandals who sprayed graffiti everywhere, myself and players have been abused as Fxxxxxn Bxxxxxxs even though some are from the other persuasion. The difference is that we do not come on here and cause a fuss about it - the way I see it is that it is not the fault of other clubs that some of their "fans" have acted in an inappropriate manner.
On this occasion I thought our fans were excellent on Saturday with their vocal backing of the team - yes the flags are not everyones cup of tea but are they really doing any harm? We have recently set up a fans forum with the view of introducing "self policing" particularly at away games and it was effective on Saturday as when one or two were straying towards being out of order they were kept in check by the majority.

Lads - a player did not get hit by a fan - no chance - I don't know what you thought you saw but it simply did not happen. for what its worth I also thought the Camby fans were great on Saturday and gave good backing to their team - the shout for the penalty came from 100 voices (thankfully only the ref never heard it [emoji4] ).

Cambuslang are the best team that we have played so far and we probably rode our luck on Saturday but please give it a rest with the flags stuff and unfounded allegations - remember I was at the away dug out and can assure you what you think you saw Jim did not happen.

Anyway all the best to Camby for the rest of the season - personally glad we don't need to meet in the league again this season - don't hink my ticker could take another 95 minutes like Saturday - I also think that if we continue to take over 100 fans to away games while filling other clubs coffers maybe collectively we need to look at how games are Stewarded - this is not a criticism of Cambuslang just an observation that when there is so many people at games it may be worth thinking about.

We ourselves had an incident v Kilwwining recently and have taken on board valuable lessons gong forward - we were caught cold. maybe if we continue to take such large crowds to away games there should be some communication prior to games  -I am honestly trying to be productive hear and not deflecting from anything.

A wee (genuine) question to Lang, Jim and BM - what sort of crowd did Auckinlech bring recently and was it manageable - hopefully both of us keep up good form and are lucky enough to be promoted when bigger crowds will be a norm so no harm in having strategy in place (particularly for us) to deal with it.

Andy

Great post, coming from a Camby fan

4 hours ago, StRochsFC said:

Lads - a player did not get hit by a fan - no chance - I don't know what you thought you saw but it simply did not happen. for what its worth I also thought the Camby fans were great on Saturday and gave good backing to their team - the shout for the penalty came from 100 voices (thankfully only the ref never heard it :) ).

Andy

Anyone reading my comments will acknowledge that I was mocking the flying of these flags. Still waiting to be enlightened as to the link between St Rochs fc & Palestine. I've since googled it & there doesn't seem to be any link whatsoever.

Funky asbo appeared to take the hump when I raised this & it escalated into a game of point scoring with a few others wading in. 

I still think I was justified in mentioning the behaviour of some of your fans on Saturday (the imaginary rifle) stunt was confrontational (in my opinion)  but I get the feeling you'd rather not talk about this ,& to be honest I don't blame you. This 'self policing' that you said your club was practicing at away games didn't seem to be in operation when this incident happened as a loud cheer went up from everyone who was standing next to the 2 fans who were 'firing'.

Anyway , that's my thoughts on the  way this thread has panned out since Saturday. 

Your comments on how the game went were pretty accurate & impartial which you should be commended for.

Apologies to kinky afro , I couldn't for the life of me remember your user name at the start of this thread. Called you something else , sorry  bout that.

"

Club of the year - St Rochs

Take the football side away and most clubs are bare, what the Roch have done and continue to do is look after their community. Free coaching over the summer, after school classes, Christmas dinners, they really are the club in their community.

Mentions to Auchinleck, Renfrew, Arthurlie, Cumnock etc who have made massive bounds in recent years. "

And a special mention in the Pulse radio awards too for the fabulous twitter feed run by Scott. Follow the Candy @StRochsJuniors

Well deserved recognition for the club and the efforts they are making. More of the same in 2017 no doubt.

MTC!

Archived