The Candy Shop- St Roch's 2016-17

Kinky Afro

Spot on candybhoy c u last game of the season spud lol lets put it all behind uz and move on not our decison spud so we will both have to get on with what the powers say let's hope the next game passes without any injuries and a good game no hard feelings with anyone from wishaw

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spot on candybhoy c u last game of the season spud lol lets put it all behind uz and move on not our decison spud so we will both have to get on with what the powers say let's hope the next game passes without any injuries and a good game no hard feelings with anyone from wishaw

No hard feelings with yourself jimmy. Plenty of games to go never know what lies ahead in the future eh?

15 minutes ago, spud4 said:

So every time someone's breaks their jaw the game should be abandoned?? Nonsense. His safety was paramount that day with everyone involved including ourselves there is no doubt about that.

Well it's the ref who took the decision to abandon the game so if you have a problem look up his name and contact him

Why should any side offer to forfeit a game if they haven't done anything wrong? The Corinthian Casuals died long ago and even then I doubt they would have forfeited in these circumstances. I have seen stranger things in football than a 10 man team come back from 2 down with 10 mins to go. We all have. I've already said it didn't look likely but what is certain in football? Anyone who says they know for certain is just plain stupid..... and... "Cue Spud".....You are Wishy not Barca...... deffo a Wishaw Naw Naw.

Mon the Replay!

Another loan signing announced to bolster the squad. Competition for places can only be good and having quality on the bench to make changes if the game isn't going your way is one of the things that makes decent teams great teams. We have such a great opportunity to push on through the next few weeks and lay down out claims for a promotion berth. It isn't going to be easy, we've been pumped in games this season but we have played great in others with some fantastic results and performances. The squad we have and the additions made must give us every chance. Lads..no need to rely on anyone else including your Big Brothers... "Who goes up? YOU decide"

MTC!

Well what can I say the candy got 3 points were not at our best but 3 points is 3 points and two good goals on a tough park the new boy Steven Logan was superb the boy at the back was ok the boy all stuck together today all in it together good feeling walking out the James mcgrory park today

Good and much needed 3 points yesterday against a well organised Bellshill team.

The new lads look like they will certainly strengthen the team for the promotion push, credit to the club for making the additions. 

Think we missed Jason Mc yesterday and it will be interesting to see how Andy fits him into the team with all the new lads, left back still a problem position for me, would play Mathieson ahead of McKnight all day long.

Hope Sweeney injury is not to bad,     need him fit and on the park every week.

SD

Ye Cannae Call it a Candy Crisis......After the game I went back into the club house before heading home. A coffee to warm my hands and my heart before heading for the car. An old guy called Mr Oates shook me by the hand and said, "I'm not sure if I'll be here next week. I'm just going outside, I may be some time" it really was frozen cold. I spoke to the Gaffer and he said he was disappointed in the performance for parts... but we have played worse and got no points and a good beating, this wasn't at all bad and sometimes the result is more important than the performance. 3 points was what we wanted and what we needed. I wanted something to remind me why I get so passionate about the Roch. They showed me they haven't forgotten me..... but I know they have more to give....

A cold crisp kick off time approached as I walked through the gates at JMcG wrapped up against the elements, the saviours of the football fan everywhere, the gloves, woolly bunnet (I never did give it away as a Christmas present) and scarf warming the parts that other clothes or lagers could not reach, the only apparel missing was Jim White's yellow tie on transfer day as I savoured the prospect of 3 new signings getting a run out to warm up the mid season Winter Blues for the Candy Greens. Iglooesque shelter taken in the club house, I shared a coffee and some chat with a Bellshill official I had spoken to twice already this season. They started the season playing well but couldn't get a win, now they are playing poor and still not winning he said. It had all the makings of a thriller then I told him as the Sugar or Shitey Candy were on the back of our worst defeat of the season but we can't play that badly 2 games in a row? Could we? With Trainspotting2 almost ready for release I remember reading about how to treat a new girlfriend, the Sick Boy Method. On the first date you are the perfect gentleman, bring her flowers when you meet and take her to the finest restaurant, Hold her chair as she sits down, order champagne and treat her like a princess, order a taxi and refuse to go in for coffee as you drop her off as you have too much respect for her. After that?? Well you can do what the hell you like as she will always remember the good you have in you and excuse anything less. That's how we feel as fans. The memories of the great games and great passing moves and silky play are indelibly etched into our psyche and even after last week's pish, there was still a healthy crowd ready for our next date, rosy cheeks coquettishly blushing with cold air belief that THIS date was the one, we were going to show some of the style from the joyous days at the start of our journey. It wasn't champagne and roses, more a fish supper and a quick winch at the bus stop, but it was better than last week and I still believe the Candy Style I love is in there somewhere.

The terraces were well populated and to a man, warm coats and scarves and hats camouflaged the identities of all but the distinctive features of the retro Everton and Scotland centre forward Graham Sharp were as easily identifiable and a stand out as the were the out of place posh shoes he was wearing. You can't hide class... but I think he just about managed! He saw a scrappy first half with Bellshill having as many chances as the Candy and arguably the better chances. They hit the post twice, firstly from a long range over the wall curler (rebound put over the bar with an open goal gaping) and a suspiciously offside looking running through effort by their fleet footed and tricky wee left foot forward who had a good game. We came into the game and had a couple of close efforts just go over but after a Frozen Forty Five, half time clubhouse comfort was a welcome warmer. I got some teas for our Bellshill friends and the second half started with the Candy this time in the ascendancy. We had another man up top and made all the difference as we were pushed on more and our midfield became to take control. New signing Stevie was outstanding in centre midfield and his hard tackling quick footedness will be a brilliant addition to the team. A good passing move saw a shot blocked and fall to Rab who side footed home to put us ahead. I never really felt in any danger after that although Bellshill did have some possession and certainly were not the worst team we have played this year. They started to tire though and our new centre half defensive duo looked very impressive with the big loan signing from East Kilbride Thistle looking every one of his 6 foot 4 inches a player to a Centre Half Defensive Art Critic like myself. Another new signing came on in midfield and all 3 looked comfortable and capable and it was no surprise when the Candy Crushed the Hill with 5 mins to go, Rab Maguire capping off a fine display with his second of the game. It was no more than we deserved for our second half performance. Bellshill had some fast nippy forwards and their bald, still a player even though I wiz a better player a few year and a few stane ago, centre midfielder done well. However the Stavros Flatley impersonator obviously had been eating all the pies as he tired dramatically as Stevie Logan and John Sweeney ran the show. All in all a great 3 points and back on track. Sometimes you just play as well as you can and no matter how scrappy, the end result is all the matters.

My old man missed the game as he was working yesterday, not bad for a mid septogenarian. He has a sweet tooth and is loving his Candy though, so I kept him informed during the game with regular calls. He was delighted when I called on the final whistle and he said "I was hoping they would hang on to the goal lead. They huv it in them tae go aw the way". There it is, we all have it. The Sick Boy belief that no matter how bad it gets or how disappointed they make us feel at times, or how frustrated and demoralised their disinterested to the eye performances make us feel, or however much we think we deserve better... we all know that deep down, they still love us and they can really turn us on when they want to... and they will....again... I'm sure of it. Crisis? What crisis.....

Mon the Candy!
MTC

Ye Cannae Call it a Candy Crisis......After the game I went back into the club house before heading home. A coffee to warm my hands and my heart before heading for the car. An old guy called Mr Oates shook me by the hand and said, "I'm not sure if I'll be here next week. I'm just going outside, I may be some time" it really was frozen cold. I spoke to the Gaffer and he said he was disappointed in the performance for parts... but we have played worse and got no points and a good beating, this wasn't at all bad and sometimes the result is more important than the performance. 3 points was what we wanted and what we needed. I wanted something to remind me why I get so passionate about the Roch. They showed me they haven't forgotten me..... but I know they have more to give....

A cold crisp kick off time approached as I walked through the gates at JMcG wrapped up against the elements, the saviours of the football fan everywhere, the gloves, woolly bunnet (I never did give it away as a Christmas present) and scarf warming the parts that other clothes or lagers could not reach, the only apparel missing was Jim White's yellow tie on transfer day as I savoured the prospect of 3 new signings getting a run out to warm up the mid season Winter Blues for the Candy Greens. Iglooesque shelter taken in the club house, I shared a coffee and some chat with a Bellshill official I had spoken to twice already this season. They started the season playing well but couldn't get a win, now they are playing poor and still not winning he said. It had all the makings of a thriller then I told him as the Sugar or Shitey Candy were on the back of our worst defeat of the season but we can't play that badly 2 games in a row? Could we? With Trainspotting2 almost ready for release I remember reading about how to treat a new girlfriend, the Sick Boy Method. On the first date you are the perfect gentleman, bring her flowers when you meet and take her to the finest restaurant, Hold her chair as she sits down, order champagne and treat her like a princess, order a taxi and refuse to go in for coffee as you drop her off as you have too much respect for her. After that?? Well you can do what the hell you like as she will always remember the good you have in you and excuse anything less. That's how we feel as fans. The memories of the great games and great passing moves and silky play are indelibly etched into our psyche and even after last week's pish, there was still a healthy crowd ready for our next date, rosy cheeks coquettishly blushing with cold air belief that THIS date was the one, we were going to show some of the style from the joyous days at the start of our journey. It wasn't champagne and roses, more a fish supper and a quick winch at the bus stop, but it was better than last week and I still believe the Candy Style I love is in there somewhere.

The terraces were well populated and to a man, warm coats and scarves and hats camouflaged the identities of all but the distinctive features of the retro Everton and Scotland centre forward Graham Sharp were as easily identifiable and a stand out as the were the out of place posh shoes he was wearing. You can't hide class... but I think he just about managed! He saw a scrappy first half with Bellshill having as many chances as the Candy and arguably the better chances. They hit the post twice, firstly from a long range over the wall curler (rebound put over the bar with an open goal gaping) and a suspiciously offside looking running through effort by their fleet footed and tricky wee left foot forward who had a good game. We came into the game and had a couple of close efforts just go over but after a Frozen Forty Five, half time clubhouse comfort was a welcome warmer. I got some teas for our Bellshill friends and the second half started with the Candy this time in the ascendancy. We had another man up top and made all the difference as we were pushed on more and our midfield became to take control. New signing Stevie was outstanding in centre midfield and his hard tackling quick footedness will be a brilliant addition to the team. A good passing move saw a shot blocked and fall to Rab who side footed home to put us ahead. I never really felt in any danger after that although Bellshill did have some possession and certainly were not the worst team we have played this year. They started to tire though and our new centre half defensive duo looked very impressive with the big loan signing from East Kilbride Thistle looking every one of his 6 foot 4 inches a player to a Centre Half Defensive Art Critic like myself. Another new signing came on in midfield and all 3 looked comfortable and capable and it was no surprise when the Candy Crushed the Hill with 5 mins to go, Rab Maguire capping off a fine display with his second of the game. It was no more than we deserved for our second half performance. Bellshill had some fast nippy forwards and their bald, still a player even though I wiz a better player a few year and a few stane ago, centre midfielder done well. However the Stavros Flatley impersonator obviously had been eating all the pies as he tired dramatically as Stevie Logan and John Sweeney ran the show. All in all a great 3 points and back on track. Sometimes you just play as well as you can and no matter how scrappy, the end result is all the matters.

My old man missed the game as he was working yesterday, not bad for a mid septogenarian. He has a sweet tooth and is loving his Candy though, so I kept him informed during the game with regular calls. He was delighted when I called on the final whistle and he said "I was hoping they would hang on to the goal lead. They huv it in them tae go aw the way". There it is, we all have it. The Sick Boy belief that no matter how bad it gets or how disappointed they make us feel at times, or how frustrated and demoralised their disinterested to the eye performances make us feel, or however much we think we deserve better... we all know that deep down, they still love us and they can really turn us on when they want to... and they will....again... I'm sure of it. Crisis? What crisis.....

Mon the Candy!
MTC

Excellent synopsis Kinky , I thought Bellshill looked better than the league position the find themselves in however they do play the long ball a lot. I enjoyed the game and the second goal was a cracker. Stuart Logan in centre mid had an excellent debut as did big Dom at centre half. Jordan looked strong when he came on and we certainly have more quality and depth in the squad now. It was the kind of hard fought heavy winter pitch win that will make or break promotion. A very good 3 points. Bellshill have definitely improved since the 5-1 caning at the start of the year.

Archived