The Candy Shop- St Roch's 2016-17

Kinky Afro

What about the lang support. Terrible that some juoior games have come to this[emoji22]

It is,however if it cuts out all the nonsense well it has to be done and there will probably be an observer from the league so Larkhall can say they put measures in place

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is,however if it cuts out all the nonsense well it has to be done and there will probably be an observer from the league so Larkhall can say they put measures in place

I know,but it's still terrible that this happenr in junior football now

...there have been many complimentary comments from Glencairn fans, both last night and on here. If you get beat you should just take it and hold your dignity. They did and it doesn't go in-noticed.

Thank you for the kind words. We call it as we see it, and we had no complaints on Wednesday night.

The stand-out game of the day across all Regions and all Divisions in my opinion as a complete neutral looking for which match to choose to attend. I was hesitant - do I really want to risk getting caught up in any nonsense that a few might cause, spoiling it for the vast majority. But the fact that these sensible safety measures have been put in place now reassures me that it is indeed the place to be on Saturday, so I'll go ahead and book my train tickets for a day trip down from Aberdeenshire. Looking forward to what should be a cracker. 

The stand-out game of the day across all Regions and all Divisions in my opinion as a complete neutral looking for which match to choose to attend. I was hesitant - do I really want to risk getting caught up in any nonsense that a few might cause, spoiling it for the vast majority. But the fact that these sensible safety measures have been put in place now reassures me that it is indeed the place to be on Saturday, so I'll go ahead and book my train tickets for a day trip down from Aberdeenshire. Looking forward to what should be a cracker. 

Hope you enjoy your day fella

On 12 May 2017 at 08:27, LeedsPhil said:

People can be as neutral as they wish until they arrive at the ground and find "strict segregation".

Do you intend to watch the game from the roof of the bowling club?

On 12 May 2017 at 07:50, SaturdaySammy said:

what happened?

Seems two women were arrested by Police Scotland after being caught making 500 packed lunches.

Greggs the Baker in Larkhall said the plan to take legal action.

3 hours ago, LeedsPhil said:

That's quite a journey,bud! However,you'll be pleased to know that when you eventually alight from your train at Larky you'll only be a long throw-in away from the park,and within very easy walking distance of both Curlys Bar and The Village Tavern.

The toon is buzzing about what is,as you say,the stand-out game of the day and I'll be surprised if the ground isn't packed with punters hoping to enjoy what should be a cracker of a game played out in a trouble free atmosphere. :)

Seems two women were arrested by Police Scotland after being caught making 500 packed lunches.

Greggs the Baker in Larkhall said the plan to take legal action.

[emoji172] Glenconner getting down with the witty kids!!

I might have to get there early doors tomorrow to get parked discreetly and negate the crowds. I am kind of half hoping that there is a police horse at the game tomorrow as that will just sprinkle the hundreds and thousands on my Candy Cup Cake. I thought 10 police and an ambulance at JMcG for our home game was good but someone is always trying to go one better!! There wasn't a sniff of trouble as 700+ watched the reverse fixture in glorious sunshine, a game where the event was bigger than the quality. Tomorrow though I just hope we can match the size of the event with the size of our [emoji172] and desire.

We have played in fits and starts. Sugar Sweet Candy one game and Candy Crap in another. Sometimes we are polar opposites even in the same game, the same half even!! Tomorrow calls for discipline and self control. There is a reason why people tell you to take a deep breath and steady yourself before you do something important. Your heart should be pumping and everything is driving you to fight and battle and give everything you can.. stay calm and controlled. Lose the plot and you lose the game. Those who handle it better will prevail. Big players???? Now is the time to show how good you are... I cannot wait. All the best lads... I know you have it in you.. let it all out.

Mon the Polis Horse!

Mon the Big Game!

Mon the Big Players!

Mon the Candy!

MTC! [emoji172][emoji460]️[emoji106]

Where are folk getting it's the stand out game of the day??

The premier is just as tight with 4 teams involved not just three and the top two playing each other tomorrow.

Stand out game suggests far and away which it isn't.

Saying that good game is the making good luck to both teams

38 minutes ago, rednblack said:

The premier is just as tight with 4 teams involved not just three and the top two playing each other tomorrow.

Are you seriously suggesting that a game played in a half empty Bellsdale *with twenty or so Roy fans arguing amongst themselves,merits comparison with a match that will take place in a Gasworks stadium packed to the gunwales with enthusiastic Larky and Roch fans,for the title of stand-out game of the day?:huh:

*No offence meant to any Beith punters.:)

59 minutes ago, rednblack said:

"Stands out" to me because for both sides a win on the day promotes them and ends it for the other, in front of a passionate bumper crowd.

Whereas although the meeting of the top two of the SuperPremier is indeed tasty, it isn't a clincher. Much could happen in the remaining fixtures.

Up North, Montrose Roselea and Buckie Rovers fans would no doubt say that theirs is the match of the day - a one-off at a neutral venue to decide promotion into / relegation out of the top flight. But I doubt the attendance/atmosphere will be anywhere near that at Gasworks Park, so Larkhall v St.Roch's remains my "stand out" for where I as a Junior-loving neutral am attracted to be tomorrow.

Archived