The Candy Shop- St Roch's 2016-17

Kinky Afro

11 minutes ago, Kinky Afro said:

I have never played against him and I stick with my comments as I said he "is a nice football guy to chat to" Have you ever chatted football with him? If not then you can't argue my point. Even if you have and he wasn't nice with you, he has been nice with me. Read what I said....
Better players than him you or I have been worse.. you seem to have it in for him as do a few folk.... that says more about them than it does him.
Anyway, I'm off to see Camby get the league trophy tonight at Perthshire. Over the season they deserved it and as a fair minded fan the least I can do is take it in and applaud. emoji460.pngemoji122.pngemoji106.png

Show me your medals.

I do not have it in for the boy I'm just giving balance to your post. As what it shows about "them" is that they have a different opinion to you. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We actually have the same opinion except you are not able to see the good which is undoubtedly there. People can have different opinions... that's fine. Did he say "show me your medals"?? I am missing the point of that....

I stand behind John Sweeney, good player, hard player, gets into the hustle and bussle of things and hates to lose. As for having a go at other players who doesn't, I hear it all the time, it is wether we like it or not part of the game. He takes plenty of stick and hard tackles as do many other players who give back as good as they get. As for saying things about going down I would imagine he was trying to put the player off of his game ! That also happens in every team., did it work ? Its a ruff n tumble league and it has been a hard fought league with good banter, bad banter and meaty challenges and I for one hope next season is just exactly the same.

1 hour ago, Kinky Afro said:

We actually have the same opinion except you are not able to see the good which is undoubtedly there. People can have different opinions... that's fine. Did he say "show me your medals"?? I am missing the point of that....

Did you miss  the point when I said I saw his football do the talking. 

11 minutes ago, roch said:

I stand behind John Sweeney, good player, hard player, gets into the hustle and bussle of things and hates to lose. As for having a go at other players who doesn't, I hear it all the time, it is wether we like it or not part of the game. He takes plenty of stick and hard tackles as do many other players who give back as good as they get. As for saying things about going down I would imagine he was trying to put the player off of his game ! That also happens in every team., did it work ? Its a ruff n tumble league and it has been a hard fought league with good banter, bad banter and meaty challenges and I for one hope next season is just exactly the same.

I agree with you on the majority of your points but I'm allowed to disagree with you on what banter is acceptable.  I'm sure next season will be the same and I wish you well

Did you miss  the point when I said I saw his football do the talking. 

No I didn't. I just found the balance of your post to be negative and the fact he did or said what he did against a relegated side outweighed the good for you to be unfortunate. It's all about opinions... we actually agree... mostly!!

Best wishes to John. Always a welcome for any ex players that wore the green shirt at Provanmill.
Any word on any new players being brought in?

Nothing yet glenconner tho boxer t has been brought to the management back room staff from Greenock don't know anything about him but seems very happy to have to joined us so hopefully his enthusiasm will rub off on others

Showing a lack of respect to fellow players is not the actions of as you said " a nice football guy". 

People often can't wait to tell you about the bad john sweeney but off the pitch he is a fantastic guy especially with the younger fans .
One example which showed me the guy behind the mask was at wishaw when we lost 4-2 he came off the pitch raging yet when asked to sign a shirt by a young candy fan he stopped signed the shirt and had a brief chat which may seem trivial to some but to me was the sign of a real football guy who appreciated the support from the candy faithful young and old .

IMG_1496332726.561888.jpgIMG_1496332744.957809.jpg

I watched a very entertaining, competitive, combative and fast paced Evening Times semi final last night between new to our league Glasgow Perthshire and exiting our league Cambuslang Rangers. The game was just down the road, the bright day and hauty temperature promising summer sun fun, there was nothing else on and I am not scared to applaud league winners, even when they are not us. I stayed behind and clapped as Camby were given the league trophy in a quiet and subdued and emptying ground, Shire fans leaving and celebrating their progression to the final and only a few die hard Camby fans staying behind after they got a Semi final Scudding from Shire. I shook hands an had a brief chat with former Hoose keeper and ice puc punctured faced Ian Stewart and wished him well. A good guy and no stranger to a league title.

The game was a thriller with the under dog prevailing by 2 in this 6 goal thriller. Shire lead 1-0 at the break after an OG right on half time. Camby's defence looked shaky against a youthful, nippy and energetic forward line who will make an impact next season in our league I'm sure. The Camby gaffer kept the league winners on the pitch at half time a la Phil Brown and it seemed to do the trick as they came out the traps early and were 2-1 up after 55 mins. Then back came the Shire, Silver Sabres Shimmering in the Setting Sunlight and Shredding the piss poor Camby rearguard. A shocking centre half defensive header back towards his own goal is headed home for 2-2 and then the Balding Bulldog Sub starts an eventful 15 mins for him as he scored a wonder goal overhead kick type scissor effort into the top corner to spark a mini fan, dug out and player pile up celebration. He then gets a yellow for a bad tackle and then sets up a fourth, Camby went 3 at back but they were shocking and overran. Shire hit the woodwork before the BB finished off his night with a deliberate handball and got a second yellow and a red. Shire fully deserved their win and will be a worthy foe next year. Their fans are very similar to the Roch's, taken from the local area, a vocal mix of old guys and "Interesting" youths, a summer beer always tastes and sounds better when you are winning. [emoji482][emoji23][emoji460]️[emoji106] It will be good to play them next year.

Camby had done their job this season and well deserved it was too. They played well last night in patches but as I watched it seemed clear to me that they were half hearted and done for this season. I doubt it will break their hearts not to progress and to finish the season with promotion and a league title is credit to them. As they lifted the trophy, to half hearted applause and a muted cheer, I thought "that could have been us".. we did have a chance and I think we punched above our weight. I've heard about players leaving and some saying they are not resigning, I spoke to a few CandyFans too last night who were there for their football fix and a lot of questions were asked. We will hopefully find out the answers soon enough because at the end of next season, I would love to be there and applauding the Candy as we pick up a trophy. POTY awards on Saturday and only six weeks till the pre season games..... last season is done for us now... but I might go watch the Shire in the final. There is something about the passion of fans at junior football, I saw the Shire Sqad last night delirious with victory and the hope of a season ending double. I wish them well and I enjoyed it. 6 goals, numerous bookings, a sending off, an own goal, a goal of any season overhead kick, an underdog victory, a big crowd and Summer Fun in the Sun all for a fiver. I told big Ian I had seen him 3 times this season and he has lost every one..... what would you rather have though?? It's a funny old game Saint... Roch's.

Mon the Candy!
MTC![emoji172][emoji460]️[emoji106]

On 30/05/2017 at 19:59, Viewparker said:

I heard he had signed for Cambuslang and has been allocated shirt number 72

That is 1 player who is definitely not coming to the Lang. He has ability but his general conduct when playing against us wasn't great and just lacked class( we were beaten twice deservedly). Don't know how much truth there is in this but heard he applied for the Irvine Meadow job and was unsuccessful. If he can conduct himself in a proper manner he would be a huge asset. On the subject of the roch I can't believe they didn't get up definitely the best side We played. I'm sure the Roch will be up there next year if they keep most of that squad.

Fair play to the Candy fans who turned up in numbers at Keppoch Park. Was first in that ground well over 40 years ago to see the (Old) Hawthorn Bar playing a pub game on a black ash pitch. Slightly worrying thought was Glasgow Perthshire being as good as, if not better than anything i saw v St Roch's is this season. Be really interesting to see them up against Glenafton at New Tinto Park next week.

On the Candy front, a shout out to the players who are leaving. Thank you for your efforts this season.

Respect.

That is 1 player who is definitely not coming to the Lang. He has ability but his general conduct when playing against us wasn't great and just lacked class( we were beaten twice deservedly). Don't know how much truth there is in this but heard he applied for the Irvine Meadow job and was unsuccessful. If he can conduct himself in a proper manner he would be a huge asset. On the subject of the roch I can't believe they didn't get up definitely the best side We played. I'm sure the Roch will be up there next year if they keep most of that squad.

What was wrong with his conduct when playing against yous he was the best player on the park on both occasions and am sure if my memory serves me right he scored the winner twice wasn't at the home game as was working he will be a big loss to the Roch and someone will benign if they take john Sweeney great player as a fan would love to see him stay a don't think he applied for that job surly someone at the piss taking as he has so much to offer on the pitch I can honestly say this and hope he stays with the roch as would the majority of fans

IMG_1496332726.561888.jpg.06c2f8de863380f5d649da4a582758d6.jpgIMG_1496332744.957809.jpg.8432781ef56a7af3d050ebf731716c77.jpg

I watched a very entertaining, competitive, combative and fast paced Evening Times semi final last night between new to our league Glasgow Perthshire and exiting our league Cambuslang Rangers. The game was just down the road, the bright day and hauty temperature promising summer sun fun, there was nothing else on and I am not scared to applaud league winners, even when they are not us. I stayed behind and clapped as Camby were given the league trophy in a quiet and subdued and emptying ground, Shire fans leaving and celebrating their progression to the final and only a few die hard Camby fans staying behind after they got a Semi final Scudding from Shire. I shook hands an had a brief chat with former Hoose keeper and ice puc punctured faced Ian Stewart and wished him well. A good guy and no stranger to a league title.

The game was a thriller with the under dog prevailing by 2 in this 6 goal thriller. Shire lead 1-0 at the break after an OG right on half time. Camby's defence looked shaky against a youthful, nippy and energetic forward line who will make an impact next season in our league I'm sure. The Camby gaffer kept the league winners on the pitch at half time a la Phil Brown and it seemed to do the trick as they came out the traps early and were 2-1 up after 55 mins. Then back came the Shire, Silver Sabres Shimmering in the Setting Sunlight and Shredding the piss poor Camby rearguard. A shocking centre half defensive header back towards his own goal is headed home for 2-2 and then the Balding Bulldog Sub starts an eventful 15 mins for him as he scored a wonder goal overhead kick type scissor effort into the top corner to spark a mini fan, dug out and player pile up celebration. He then gets a yellow for a bad tackle and then sets up a fourth, Camby went 3 at back but they were shocking and overran. Shire hit the woodwork before the BB finished off his night with a deliberate handball and got a second yellow and a red. Shire fully deserved their win and will be a worthy foe next year. Their fans are very similar to the Roch's, taken from the local area, a vocal mix of old guys and "Interesting" youths, a summer beer always tastes and sounds better when you are winning. [emoji482][emoji23][emoji460]️[emoji106] It will be good to play them next year.

Camby had done their job this season and well deserved it was too. They played well last night in patches but as I watched it seemed clear to me that they were half hearted and done for this season. I doubt it will break their hearts not to progress and to finish the season with promotion and a league title is credit to them. As they lifted the trophy, to half hearted applause and a muted cheer, I thought "that could have been us".. we did have a chance and I think we punched above our weight. I've heard about players leaving and some saying they are not resigning, I spoke to a few CandyFans too last night who were there for their football fix and a lot of questions were asked. We will hopefully find out the answers soon enough because at the end of next season, I would love to be there and applauding the Candy as we pick up a trophy. POTY awards on Saturday and only six weeks till the pre season games..... last season is done for us now... but I might go watch the Shire in the final. There is something about the passion of fans at junior football, I saw the Shire Sqad last night delirious with victory and the hope of a season ending double. I wish them well and I enjoyed it. 6 goals, numerous bookings, a sending off, an own goal, a goal of any season overhead kick, an underdog victory, a big crowd and Summer Fun in the Sun all for a fiver. I told big Ian I had seen him 3 times this season and he has lost every one..... what would you rather have though?? It's a funny old game Saint... Roch's.

Mon the Candy!
MTC![emoji172][emoji460]️[emoji106]

Thanks for the complimentary comments kinky was an entertaining match last night glad you enjoyed it as the candy is my local club I'm looking forward to my visit next season been to jmg park a few times this season and the candy vs wishaw 3-3 game which was 1 of my best games I've seen this season keep up the good work

2 hours ago, jimmy mac said:

What was wrong with his conduct when playing against yous he was the best player on the park on both occasions and am sure if my memory serves me right he scored the winner twice wasn't at the home game as was working he will be a big loss to the Roch and someone will benign if they take john Sweeney great player as a fan would love to see him stay a don't think he applied for that job surly someone at the piss taking as he has so much to offer on the pitch I can honestly say this and hope he stays with the roch as would the majority of fans

I'm not going to go into what was said wasn't but certainly wouldn't want him at our club just my opinion. If it was down to playing ability yes but no not for me . He 100% applied for the Irvine Meadow job.

I'm not going to go into what was said wasn't but certainly wouldn't want him at our club just my opinion. If it was down to playing ability yes but no not for me . He 100% applied for the Irvine Meadow job.

A was only at the side and as a said the boy was head and shoulders above everyone on the park that day just my opinion a dnt no wot was said but would b good to no but as u said u dnt want to get into it which is fair enough a hope a see him soon to see wot he was doing applying for that job because he has so much to offer on the field so u honestly would take him ?

1 minute ago, jimmy mac said:

A was only at the side and as a said the boy was head and shoulders above everyone on the park that day just my opinion a dnt no wot was said but would b good to no but as u said u dnt want to get into it which is fair enough a hope a see him soon to see wot he was doing applying for that job because he has so much to offer on the field so u honestly would take him ?

Honestly I don't think he would get a game for us when everyone fit. Macbeth (who's been injured for 6 months) and Simeon on there Day are very good. He's a top player and I agree he was very good against us especially at our place. Good luck to the guy was just saying he's not coming to us. As I previously said I don't know how use never got up . Use have better players than larkhall in my opinion but I think larkhall just went on a great run and were very difficult to beat(they deserve a lot of credit) . I am sure use will win it next year mate.

15 minutes ago, 21stcenturyboy said:

- in other news the planning for next season is going exceptionally well -

Great to hear.

Fully support the Gaffer and his coaching staff.

Let's all rally round and have another go at going upwards.

Archived