The Candy Shop- St Roch's 2016-17

Kinky Afro

Well why do we have Rangers fans and Motherwell fans who attend the matches?

Because they obviously don't mind all the baggage most will mind.
My mate lives in flats next to secondary school and is a thistle support and went once as said he wouldn't go back and he's from a mixed back round religion wise not that he bothers much with it.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have an answer for everything. I'm not going to look into their minds, like you obviously can...an I won't attempt to look into your friends either. That's for him.

St Roch's have a left sided image, which as you can imagine, attracts a more left sided support, including they afore mentioned supporters.

I said to myself I wouldn't try to justify anything, as some people are going to believe what they want to..however, I can put my hand on my heart and say in the 2 years I have been associated with the club...I have had no conversations or discussions about religion aside from helping the afore mentioned secondary school. We are trying to build a community spirit, are we perfect...far from it, however naesayers like you however, antagonise circumstances...we're bad guys to teams who haven't even met or played us.

As a lapsed Atheist standing beside a church elder i found the ditties about organised religion at Larkhall mildly amusing. Who said the old Covenanting tradition is dead? Think i'll read up on the Battle of Bothwell Brig before i head out to the Yoker v St Roch's game.

We should have did what most of the Larkhall support and some of the Larkhall committee did at the first game at Provanmill and quietly boycotted the game. 

Glenconner can I ask you a wee question?
At the last St Rochs v Larkhall game there were just over 700 people there now the 20 people who came to the game from Larkhall were 10 committee members now that's all Larkhall have and the other 10 were made up of players family and a few die hard supporters do the candy get roughly 700 people every home game or was it just because Larkhall was there
If the game on Saturday was played let's say 6 weeks ago there would never of been the amount that was there on Saturday I think there would've been probably half it was because who ever won was getting promoted that's why the crowd was bigger

6 hours ago, Hampden85 said:

So, it seems that all the naked bigotry and racism that went on by the Larkhall fans on Saturday was actually the fault of the st.Roch fans. They have fans who also support Celtic so they deserve everything they get

I've read the excuses from Larkhall fans, and others, kind of reads like this..

We hate Catholics song - well, the majority of candy fans are catholic, so they deserve it. 

Up to our knees in ****** blood - well, the Roch fans have sung an IRA song before so that's OK, again, they deserve to have to endure it

The song 'we aren't sectarian, we are the UVF', sung by half a stand, including men in their 40's and 50's and not just wee boys - well, again, the Roch fans must support the IRA because they take Irish flags, so that was their fault and they deserve it. The Roch fans seem to forget that its so disrespectful to fly a flag that the bigots and intolerant folk detest.

Monkey chants and gestures (let's try denying it happened first though)- the guy has 'probably' or 'maybe' never been to gasworks before, so if St.Roch's never existed he wouldn't have been there. Intact, maybe if there just weren't any black people in the world it wouldn't have happened. Let's blame the black folk for this one. 

Paedo chants- its ok it was sung towards Candy fans and the larky fans, well, they're all good staunch men and a right good laugh, nothing to see hear.

Abuse directed at players - that's fine because one wears no 67 which represents the year Celtic won the big cup, so he deserved the abuse. f**k, he should probably deserved to be water boarded and sent to Guantanamo for such a crime. How dare that papush c**t do that.

Or is it all just a case of the Roch fans are a shower of dirty ****** b*****ds who deserve everything they get because people within their club have crossed a line in the past? 

Can't help but also notice when people bring up the trouble at the kilwinning game, they deliberately go out their road to not mention it kicked off after one of our players was racially abused. Ye see, that wouldn't sit well with their bigoted agenda, would it?

Tolerant lot, eh????

So can I ask, what RESPONSIBILITY do Larkhall actually take for what went on with THEIER support on Saturday???

My guess is none...it was all Jimmy McGrorys fault for having a stadium namedf after him.

Well,in spite of some stiff competition,it looks like like this effort should be enough to see you top in the 'naebody likes us,we don't care' stakes.And even if it's not,at least it's an improvement on your recent 'f**k them all' song which seems to have mysteriously disappeared from the thread.:)

1 hour ago, Glenconner said:

As a lapsed Atheist standing beside a church elder i found the ditties about organised religion at Larkhall mildly amusing. Who said the old Covenanting tradition is dead? Think i'll read up on the Battle of Bothwell Brig before i head out to the Yoker v St Roch's game.

Shouldn't be too taxing as a read as it was a pretty one-sided and short contest which,interestingly,actually finished in the Palace Grounds where,even today,you can find some of the locals having a square go on a Sunday morning.;)

Try instead,the Battle of Drumclog..lasted longer and had a different outcome. 

And here's a wee song to set the moood...:)

5 hours ago, Kinky Afro said:

I thought i might try to write tomorrow's match report today and in turn perhaps address some of the issues over the last few days. However... just read the last few posts and I'm not convinced... however, cornflakes and satire were eaten for breakfast so here goes.. sim ready for whatever comes!! emoji23.png

St Roch's marched into the semi-finals last night without the help of their mutch criticised CandyFans as 99.9% were marching to another drum with St Patrick's GreenYin Band, celebrating their tradition and roots. One Green and White clad face painted bigot spouted, "Wur no just fur oor ain't, but ma maw's a Palestinian any whye... Whye? That sounds a bit like White.. mon Craigie Boy"....

The game almost never finished as the Candy had 3 players sent off after a first half run in with Yoker fans. A Bull Heided candy centre midfielder head butted 4 Yoker players before being lifted by the police whilst holding up his open hand on one side and a middle finger on the other hand. Five Wan. * NB The candy have said they will appeal this red card on the grounds of mistaken identity as the police were there to level common assault and imitating a footballer charges against his central midfield partner, both charges brought by someone who wasn't even there last night. He got his much saught after red anyway as he punched the ref off the ball and then asked the ref how he knew if he never saw it..?.. a final red card after 40 mins saw the Candy goalkeeper run the length of the pitch to back up King Henrik7 who appeared in the away shed despite promising to never watch the candy again. "The King" had picked a fight with Yoker fans, again despite never seeing them before but his mates played for a team they played so "Fk em" he declared. The Candy keeper, upholding the old adage of "if your gon doon take a few a thae cnts wae yay" a la Cantona.. C'Est la Vie for this Seagull chasing fan inciting Trawler Brawler.

The quiet Candy Crowd were polaxed.. down to 8 men as the half time whistle blow, although clinging on to a goalless parity. A brave triple substitution just on 50 minutes saw Big B replaced by Chris Coach and Skip replaced by Gillian the fitness coach (not before Skip gave the gaffer pelters, stormed into the clubhouse smashing the door on the way and promised to see him after the game ) and a final Master

Stroke as Ken the linesman was replaced by Graffiti on the Wall who, after pinning up a bigoted picture of his kids, began running the line. Ken the linesmen then replaced Sherman who had struggled with sunstroke in the early summer sun.. this combined with a bright orange head of hair meant it didn't mix well with the Green strip or the staunch republican support.

After this the Candy dominated and our only threat came when Gillian was fortunate just to receive a yellow for a last ditch two foot shin snapper, the resulting free kick went tamely over the bar as the lad thought he was playing for Barcelona not a Yoker and his "up and dooner" just went up and up.

In the 89th minute the dream became reality as the formation changed to a 1,0,7 because no one would go anywhere near Guillotine Gillian and with Starkie sent off and no sub keeper, it was The Gallant Garngad Gill at the back and everyone else up front. I say everyone as perhaps old habits die hard, but Ken just stood on the same spot on the sideline talking to fans and not watching the game. The impactless

Englishman however did pick up his win bonus of a half bottle of Buckie and a hooky Wolfetones concert DVD courtesy of "Barras Books...Audio and Visuals also done". A deep cross by Halsman who missed the original bounce but whipped one in having retrieved it was met like a rising Salmon by Jason McCormick who had elbowed his marker then climbed over the back of their Centre half to scuff one off his ear and into the top corner... the CandyFans erupted as the echo of a far off cheer wafted over the Clyde... "Kilwinning have been beat. Or somebody like that." Commented another bigot reading the Tonight's Scores P&B thread. ... God Bless Whoever it was that beat them" .

That just doubled the joy and as the ref blew a minute early and ran down the tunnel to get changed for late night mass, the riotous and criminal and bigoted and hard done to CandyFans walked off towards the exits.

Surisingly, back in reality, good words were exchanged with Yoker fans who commented on the performances of our players and wished us luck for next season and for the rest of the cup. Handshakes were shook and everyone parted with the promise of a wee half up at JMcG next time you are there. Even Larky9 made an appearance as he wanted to experience a crowd again after Saturday and secretly likes us but "don't tell them in our shed fur fk sake"...

Kinky Afro and his auld man headed out and into the Afro Mobile... he sat and shook his head. "Whit's the matter?" The Septogenarian asked him.. with a sigh the sectarianly naive gob shite mused "I usually have a few things I can write about, but not tonight. Nothing ever happens... it's boring watching the Candy"

See you all tonight.

MTC! emoji172.pngemoji460.pngemoji106.png

As you know Kinky,there have already been a couple of suggestions re songs for your fans on this thread. Well,having stood beside some of them at Wishy as the herbal clouds gathered around us,and having read your contribution above,I'm going to put forward the wee ditty below for your consideration.Lennon & McCartney it ain't but hey,no doubt some of the Roch punters might be able to add to the lyrics. ^_^

Enjoy....:)

This thread reminds me why the west coast is for short visits only.

It's not like this normally mate. It is however, further removed from the east region than the 30 miles I moved last summer.....[emoji30]

We all know bigoted and racist behaviour is bollox and unacceptable. If elected I will ensure that everyone stops it then that is problem solved and we can go back to discussing our great defence/ pish defending or misfiring/world beating forwards.
There we go..... everything is resolved. All I am asking for is your trust and support.

Vote the Naive Party on June 8th. "If you are cross, give Kinky your X."

Mon the Election!

On 17 May 2017 at 14:50, larky9 said:

Glenconner can I ask you a wee question?

If the game on Saturday was played let's say 6 weeks ago there would never of been the amount that was there on Saturday I think there would've been probably half it was because who ever won was getting promoted that's why the crowd was bigger

And with half the crowd would we still be treated to the back of the bus treatment?

Answers please on the back of a programme.

On 17 May 2017 at 15:59, Kinky Afro said:

We all know bigoted and racist behaviour is bollox and unacceptable. If elected I will ensure that everyone stops it then that is problem solved and we can go back to discussing our great defence/ pish defending or misfiring/world beating forwards.
There we go..... everything is resolved. All I am asking for is your trust and support.

Vote the Naive Party on June 8th. "If you are cross, give Kinky your X."

Mon the Election!

Afraid Comrade Kinky i'm going to go all neo con and vote for somebody that can come up with a fiscal policy that can raise the money to put a Green Talbot on the park.

Do your talking on the park is the best way to shut the SJFA post reformation theology students up.

And with half the crowd would we still be treated to the back of the bus treatment?
Answers please on the back of a programme.

That's not what you originally posted it was the boycotting of the first game at Provanmill and there were other posts regarding the larger than normal crowds at Larkhall games
I do agree the behaviour of a minority of fans at the game was unacceptable,but let's be honest here your crew are no angels

On 17 May 2017 at 18:16, larky9 said:

Would love to but early rise tomorrow
You can buy me one next season when we meet in the league, ffs I forgot the Candy are not going up
Love you

Nae problemo, Brother.

Archived