We Need to Talk About Angus

4 hours ago, Best Team in Angus said:

Have to say it does sadden me when I go back to Brechin, parts like from bottom of the high Street to Dennis's look look like the Bronx still lots of great people & we still have family there, but the town its self dear dear nae shops, nae body going about, no the Brechin I remember. But still for the last 25-30 years the smallest and only City in Angus has had the best football team and that is FACT 

The FACT is, until last season, the Loons finished higher in the league than Brechin for a few consecutive seasons until we imploded last season.

The only good things about Brechin are the roads out and Darren Dods. The Subuteo stand is good for comic value I suppose....

The fact all other Angus residents consider Brechin to be the worst town, that speaks for itself. I visit all the other Burghs regularly and can walk about them unnoticed but in Brechin I get looked at as I'm clearly not related to them so stand out due to my obvious physical characteristic of not having a chip on my shoulder.

24 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

The FACT is, until last season, the Loons finished higher in the league than Brechin for a few consecutive seasons until we imploded last season.

The only good things about Brechin are the roads out and Darren Dods. The Subuteo stand is good for comic value I suppose....

The fact all other Angus residents consider Brechin to be the worst town, that speaks for itself. I visit all the other Burghs regularly and can walk about them unnoticed but in Brechin I get looked at as I'm clearly not related to them so stand out due to my obvious physical characteristic of not having a chip on my shoulder.

We can all criticise each others teams in Angus, but the hard fact is that we need each other to remain viable. Surely the best scenario next season is a first division with Brechin, Forfar(as champions). Arbroath (play off winners) and Montrose getting their act together under Petrie and coming up the season after.

27 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

The FACT is that Farfar tried for a few seasons to compete with Brechin resulting in their implosion last season . This may have been down to Uncle Fester blowing your budgets on overpaid has beens and Bollan being left with it all to sort out. 

As for the other stuff , I think you have mistaken the Brechiner's " hostility " as mere friendliness. People in Brechin generally nod or smile or even say hello to folk in the street.   As you say you go about the other towns unnoticed which suggests that you don't really want to communicate with anyone .  Mind you I am amazed you actually saw anyone on the streets at all as they are deserted most days as the council have forced the shop closures. 

Farfar really is the Fife of Angus. 

1 hour ago, theSilverFox said:

You seem like a very angry  man, I have stayed in Forfar for a few years now and agree about the state of Brechin but its no the people that's the issue, its the  lack of investment that is turning it into a tip. Now get back to Bar 10 with the luvvies and help pay their new rates bill & wind yer neck in. I will be in Troopers around 3.00pm if you fancy a beer.:cheers I will be the one at the bar we twa heids:thumsup2 Your no the silver fox that used to work at the Dispatch are you ?

Why are you all arguing with each other? No body gives a f**k which is worst, you're all from shitholes. All you have is each other - don't lose that.

Well atleast we all give a f**k about each other, whereas nobody gives a f**k about Berwick in Scotland or England.

Must be shite.

Maybe if you go down into the LL you can forge a rivalry with Selkirk or something

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Well atleast we all give a f**k about each other, whereas nobody gives a f**k about Berwick in Scotland or England.

Must be shite.

Maybe if you go down into the LL you can forge a rivalry with Selkirk or something

This is the saving grace here.  We are all fiercely defensive of our own communities which would render any sort of merger impossible.  The fact that we are discussing the issue at all shows we care about our own wee  piece of Scotland however good or bad it is.    I think this is what the rest of Scotland can't get a grip of.  I only hope all the Angus clubs keep this attitude when the day comes when the evil from the South and West begin their purge on the smaller communities . 

Our clubs have kept their heads comfortably above water for the last 100 or so years without the need of bank bailouts or administrators .  Why should we now bow down to crooks and sheisters who have dragged our national game into farcical comedy ?  Watch your backs folks. 

1 hour ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

Yeah, out of sight out of mind.

Good idea. I'm thinking of something like this...

simpsons-movie-dome-1.jpg

Possibly with some kind of fascistic Judge Dredd style police force maintaining law and order and preventing them leaving.

I hope you put all this confidential council material back in the filing cabinet tomorrow morning !   

Edited by theoriginalhedge

The whole of Angus has declined a lot over the last 20 years. Montrose High Street is nothing like it was. I took a stroll around Arbroath before the match last week and that wasn't any better. Because it was a bank holiday there was nothing open and very few people going about. It was freezing and the wind was blowing litter around. It felt like I was in some post apocalyptic wasteland, like the nuclear winter zone on The Crystal Maze.

I was in Arbroath the week before Christmas. Had to go to Argos. The high St was dead and loads of rubbish blowing about. Looked really manky unlike 10 yrs ago when it was a busy town centre. As u say the rest of the town is no bad but the only really good thing about the town is pie bobs.
Brechin might not have much but at least the centre is clean.

I was in Arbroath the week before Christmas. Had to go to Argos. The high St was dead and loads of rubbish blowing about. Looked really manky unlike 10 yrs ago when it was a busy town centre. As u say the rest of the town is no bad but the only really good thing about the town is pie bobs.
Brechin might not have much but at least the centre is clean.

The high street is an utter shitehole. As is the west port.

Rest of the town is dece. Pie Bobs is shite. The harbour, cliffs and the abbey are the top 3 things in the Angus riviera, them and Peppo's. ;)