We Need to Talk About Angus

3 hours ago, Girth said:

Forfar is a Dundee United hotbed. Avoid.

It's all about the Arbroath.

Thank you.

Haha, Station Park is Dundee fans second home m9.  There was a reason Big Rab came here first and shows a real sense of embarrassment in any current photo shoots.

On 7/30/2016 at 17:10, the_bully_wee said:

a235580040dbf9cb032a88346afa3c79.png

61db98b07ed8f53ee9cb36f39868e413.png

f0efe2a6e7144be31685519c54b00c31.png

62ee0e1b86af073348f167a2126d32b8.png

Enough is enough. For too long now the clubs of Angus have been bestowing copious amounts of unnecessary embarrassment upon Scottish football. The time has come for a pooling of resources and a change of the status quo. Together, we can make the region of Angus mediocre again.

#GetThemMerged

Coming from a gypsy club fan  who's team plays about 20 miles from their roots at a stadium they don't own , I find this attempt quite hilarious and somewhat tedious .  

I suspect you don't understand how colour blindness works. Mind you, I distinctly remember Berwick singing they were black and gold while playing in a black and luminous yellow strips so maybe it is me that doesn't understand it!

Decision time, which stadium in Angus should survive for the new merged team.
I vote Forfar.

Can't be Forfar as it stinks of pish. Would suit Clyde though ????

On 9/20/2016 at 22:31, Loonytoons said:

I see this thinking outside the box as an opportunity of Angus United getting shot of Brechin and having them , Elgin and Edinburgh (thus putting them out of their misery) forming a Shitty City outfit.

This type of concept has already been tried by the original Rangers with of course farfar's overwhelming support in 1964. 

It failed of course due to a combination of sporting integrity and the efforts of a Brechin solicitor who ran rings round the sheisters. 

It is however understandable for the other Angus clubs to want rid of their consistently strongest rivals ( probably through great envy )  and form a team from the remaining 3 equally matched clubs .   Wrong but understandable.   Good luck in your quest. 

Edited by theoriginalhedge

Have to say it does sadden me when I go back to Brechin, parts like from bottom of the high Street to Dennis's look look like the Bronx still lots of great people & we still have family there, but the town its self dear dear nae shops, nae body going about, no the Brechin I remember. But still for the last 25-30 years the smallest and only City in Angus has had the best football team and that is FACT 

1 hour ago, Best Team in Angus said:

Have to say it does sadden me when I go back to Brechin, parts like from bottom of the high Street to Dennis's look look like the Bronx still lots of great people & we still have family there, but the town its self dear dear nae shops, nae body going about, no the Brechin I remember. But still for the last 25-30 years the smallest and only City in Angus has had the best football team and that is FACT 

Brechin has been dead ever since the Americans fucked off. Let's hope Trump and Putin fall out and the US Navy needs to open the Edzell base again. 

11 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

Brechin has been dead ever since the Americans fucked off. Let's hope Trump and Putin fall out and the US Navy needs to open the Edzell base again. 

Certainly has not helped but neither have the SNP disaster that is Angus Council. But still at least the fitba team has done well against all the odds

The whole of Angus has declined a lot over the last 20 years. Montrose High Street is nothing like it was. I took a stroll around Arbroath before the match last week and that wasn't any better. Because it was a bank holiday there was nothing open and very few people going about. It was freezing and the wind was blowing litter around. It felt like I was in some post apocalyptic wasteland, like the nuclear winter zone on The Crystal Maze.

1 hour ago, Best Team in Angus said:

Angus Council has a lot to do with the decline of Brechin as a thriving community. As soon as it was decided that Brechin would become a commuter town for the booming oil industry in Aberdeen back in the 70s ,  the industries were gradually shut down , shop rates were increased to discourage new business and all major council spending was channeled to Arbroath and Farfar. This has been the norm since the turn of the century despite the efforts of some councilors and voluntary community groups who challenge the corruption and obvious favouritism of the council officials. 

But as you say the football club has taken heart from this to give the community a club to be proud of. Just a pity some of the apathetic residents who have meekly lain down to the council over the years don't bother their arse to support the club . Just like the community itself it is left to the diehards to keep things going and to battle adversity. 

Arbroath high street is shite because of online shopping and the fact you can get to Dundee in 20 minutes

Rest of Arbroath is perfectly fine though. Montrose high street is nice, I think Montrose is quite nice too. Forfar is ok all round decent high street and a decent town.

Brechin though.... A big wall should be built around it with a roof put on top.

5 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Arbroath high street is shite because of online shopping and the fact you can get to Dundee in 20 minutes

Rest of Arbroath is perfectly fine though. Montrose high street is nice, I think Montrose is quite nice too. Forfar is ok all round decent high street and a decent town.

Brechin though.... A big wall should be built around it with a roof put on top.

Thank you councilor. Your officials are currently working on that plan . Corrupt b*****ds.