Queue Pee v Kill-Lee Kolts

Sweet Pete

£12 and £6 at Hampden tomorrow night. 7.45 kick off. Strictly under 20s players for Killie, no over age players allowed.

What can we expect from the Spiders? I notice former Dumbarton-player-who-never-really-was Darren Miller is in the Queens Park squad, but I'm not familiar with the rest of them. What's the likely QP line up, formation etc?

2 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

£12 and £6 at Hampden tomorrow night. 7.45 kick off. Strictly under 20s players for Killie, no over age players allowed.

What can we expect from the Spiders? I notice former Dumbarton-player-who-never-really-was Darren Miller is in the Queens Park squad, but I'm not familiar with the rest of them. What's the likely QP line up, formation etc?

Miller has stepped up a gear since he was with us last and has been excellent so far.  Still a bit of a loose cannon re shouting at the ref, but that makes him even more lovable.

Hard to know whether Gus will go with the guys who haven't featured much yet.  Ex-Cumnock striker Aiden Malone has looked good so far and I'd like to see young McPherson get a run beside him.

The cost has been dealt with elsewhere; refer yourself to KFC for that one.  The diehardiest of the diehards will be there but not many others; £12 for this is nonsense.  Hopefully sense will prevail and we won't see the U20 sides in next year's competition.

3 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Miller has stepped up a gear since he was with us last and has been excellent so far.  Still a bit of a loose cannon re shouting at the ref, but that makes him even more lovable.

Hard to know whether Gus will go with the guys who haven't featured much yet.  Ex-Cumnock striker Aiden Malone has looked good so far and I'd like to see young McPherson get a run beside him.

The cost has been dealt with elsewhere; refer yourself to KFC for that one.  The diehardiest of the diehards will be there but not many others; £12 for this is nonsense.  Hopefully sense will prevail and we won't see the U20 sides in next year's competition.

My initial post in the thread was not in any way an endorsement of or comment on the prices, it was merely a statement of what the prices are. As ever, KFC have fucked it in that respect. If something can be done badly, rely on our regime to f**k it right up.

I'm really stunned at the Killie demands here.

In what world is it good practice to charge 12 quid for a game between a League 1 side and an Under 20 one?

I can see a few QP fans still going but I'd be surprised if many Killie would bother.

I do think though that with a sensible price there's a possibility Killie might have taken a reasonable amount.

14 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

5-2 win for the majestic Queen's, albeit our poorest display of the season so far. Liam Brown excellent and a Davie Galt goal worth braving the rain for. 

Good result for the chaps in black n white taps. Was Guus able to make many changes from Saturday? 

I thought Killie's no 7 & no 9 were good wee players, as well as the big lad who is built like a centre half but plays as an attacking midfielder - would happily take him on loan as he has the physique to hold his own in League 1, and plenty of skill and awareness to augment it.

On 01/08/2016 at 16:57, scottmcleanscontacts said:

I'm really stunned at the Killie demands here.

In what world is it good practice to charge 12 quid for a game between a League 1 side and an Under 20 one?

I can see a few QP fans still going but I'd be surprised if many Killie would bother.

I do think though that with a sensible price there's a possibility Killie might have taken a reasonable amount.

They were saying on the radio the other night the Killie demands were that it was £16 entry fee, I was flabbergasted when I heard that

Highlights here: http://www.queensparkfc.co.uk/?p=15706

Is missing Galt's strike though! Also thought Malone's goal was unfairly ruled offside?

Very well worked goal for KNKU20's second.

An entertaining game, although we had some clangers and missplaced passing.  Still think we are well prepared for the start of the season.

It was a good opportunity for Gus to give some fringe players a game so the 5 changes to the team from Firhill was just about right. Pleasing also to see McLeish play his first game of the season. Think the injured Carter is now the only one not to have featured before the real stuff starts on Saturday.

Brown did play well but you’d expect him to in a game like that. I love Wharton and he’d always be in my team when on his game but he’s not going to get a regular game this season if he keeps up his erratic form. Cummins is the more reliable option right now but it depends what formation Gus goes for. Gibson will be pushing Wharton for a place in a back 3 at the moment 

Quite enjoyed the first half, both teams played some decent stuff – Kille’s 2nd goal was a nice move - and it was only our greater strength at set pieces that kept us ahead.  2nd half affected a bit by the pissing wet conditions. Galt’s goal was a peach.

Abysmal crowd as expected. Loads of regulars missing as the game wasn’t on the season ticket. More Killie fans there than I thought would be mind you

Gus did the right thing by treating the match as an important part of our 1st team preparations for the season ahead, unlike Bazza over at Broadwood. I was one of the missing regulars, not particularly because it wasn't on the season ticket but mainly because the admission price was over the odds. I've happily paid up for Scottish Cup, League Cup and Challenge Cup games in the past, but Tuesday night was a step too far.

As Member's tickets were valid, and also taking complimentary tickets into account, the number of paying customers must have been a lot less than the official attendance of 299. I'm surprised the Killie board didn't try to get QP members to pay up as well!

I see Conor McVey wasn't in the team. Hope he hasn't picked up a knock as he was good in the Airdrie and Thistle games. He adds a bit of heft to what is at times a pretty lightweight midfield.

Archived