Neil Doncaster - What a c*nt

That's a decent piece in the Scotsman.

For me the key part is when the writer contrasts the marketing of our league with what happens in other countries and in some other sports.  He mentions that in these cases " they realise that the game is bigger than the clubs".  I don't think that realisation exists among those running Scottish football at all.

That's what's reflected in the apathy that is highlighted.

Doncaster's marketing this summer is centred around mentioning every so often that Rangers are back, which whilst it is true that one half of a well known (For mainly the wrong reasons) rivalry is back in the top flight having learned absolutely nothing from their 4 year sojourn in the lower leagues is a big deal, it isn't the complete story. From the league rebrand to changing the league names so many things about the  set up feels derivative, tokenistic and hollow. Changing a format of a cup competition on it's own isn't going to improve crowds but considering the League Cup was actually innovative and relatively popular compared to it's predecessor would certainly be worth you know having highlights and letting the uninitiated know about it. 

Doncaster won't go anywhere as he's making clubs money, not as much money as he really should for a league in a football mad country with no shortage of well known brands. They aren't going to run away if you point out what endorsing the Scottish football brings in a positive manner rather than just rest on selling a 2 team league with sectarian connotations and financial instability. I mean  for example; Tennents still endorse a music festival currently better known for the levels of crime, osprey bothering and ATM stealing than any artist that performed the past 2 years. Women's Cricket's got a domestic sponsor of Kia and it's opening game of it's new T20 competition got a similar crowd as Queen of the South versus Stenhousemuir. The SRU has been skint and a laughing stock for approaching 20 years now and even they can do better business than Doncaster has. 

I'd imagine the SPFL have allocated next to nothing for marketing  as then the clubs would rather they get the prize money thus leaving it to the clubs to do their own marketing which they don't have the money for. Even successful leagues still advertise their league rather than hope people remember it still exists. I'm not a marketing genius but there is enough characters for right and wrong reasons with compelling backstories and the possibility of selling the grassroots and local nature of a Scottish team is a lot better than being the RC Cola of World Football.

I have zero sympathy for the mewling of the plastic and diddies on this thread.  The SPFL was built on the foundation of an obsession with Rangers and its existence established by a Rangers-obsessed CEO and abetted by your clubs' chairmen/representatives.

The SPL clubs bullied and blackmailed* The SFL out of existence and, thus, folded the second-oldest league in world football simply to get access to Rangers' media rights.  They then appointed the architect of the plan to run the new league - Mr Doncaster.

Hell mend any diddy who complains about Doncaster.  He is the creation of your own clubs' greed or cowardice.

*Blackmail....in this case...the withdrawal of the SPL/SFL settlement if the SFL clubs didn't comply.  23 of 29 did.

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I have zero sympathy for the mewling of the plastic and diddies on this thread.  The SPFL was built on the foundation of an obsession with Rangers and its existence established by a Rangers-obsessed CEO and abetted by your clubs' chairmen/representatives.

The SPL clubs bullied and blackmailed* The SFL out of existence and, thus, folded the second-oldest league in world football simply to get access to Rangers' media rights.  They then appointed the architect of the plan to run the new league - Mr Doncaster.

Hell mend any diddy who complains about Doncaster.  He is the creation of your own clubs' greed or cowardice.

*Blackmail....in this case...the withdrawal of the SPL/SFL settlement if the SFL clubs didn't comply.  23 of 29 did.

Shut up m8.

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

?, you sniffing something there?

We have reason to complain about Doncaster, whereas you should suck his knob for the corruption in creating the Frankenstein club long before Rangers FC est 1872 went bust.

You wouldn't have a fecking club to post that nonsensical drivel above if it weren't for the corruption involved in trying to deceive the public at large that the new club is somehow the old club because their new set of rules & regulations before the SPL commission took place said so.

Screw you bub, Doncaster forced your abomination and abortion of a new club onto the rest of Scottish football and you are right it was all about money, but not as you would have it, the bloo poond.

Doncaster believes there is only one fixture worth selling?, the OF fixture and to fcuk with the rest and is why your old club was cloned, it wasn't just about getting as much money out of Rangers, it was exploiting the OF as much as possible, cloning the club and conning the public at large was the ultimate deception to maintain the illusion that the OF still exists so they could maximise the TV and sponsorship revenue streams.

It was and isn't about Rangers you stupid old fool, if you had any sense you'd have noticed they are trying to sell the OF fixture and not trying to rob your new club of as much cash as possible.

3 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

It was and isn't about Rangers you stupid old fool, if you had any sense you'd have noticed they are trying to sell the OF fixture and not trying to rob your new club of as much cash as possible.

The SPFL's set up and Doncaster's appointment was all about Rangers and is to the eternal shame of the chairmen of the plastic and diddies.

4 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

The SPFL's set up and Doncaster's appointment was all about Rangers and is to the eternal shame of the chairmen of the plastic and diddies.

Do you actually believe that pile of steaming pish ffs? :lol:

Have you forgotten how they tried to insert your new club into the SPL back in 2012?, they peddled Armageddon left, right & Centre if there wasn't a Rangers in the top flight and that the absence of the OF fixture would drastically reduce the TV income etc etc etc. how did that pan out gain?

If you believe it was all about one fucking club then you have truly put the blinkers on and lost the plot, do you think we'd have the "SPFL" if there was a Rangers club inserted into the top flight back in 2012? No, we wouldn't have seen such drastic changes and reconstruction if your club was inserted into the SPL when your old club was voted out.

It wasn't about Rangers. it was about keeping the two arse cheeks together in the top flight to keep them cnuts in suits in the associations with huge bonuses if they managed to con us all that Rangers in the top flight was the best thing for the game as a whole, NOTE!, THE GAME AS A WHOLE.

3 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

do you think we'd have the "SPFL" if there was a Rangers club inserted into the top flight back in 2012?

Of course we wouldn't.  The SPFL was due, entirely, to the near-bankruptcy of The SPL...which is most of my point.

59 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I'm genuinely not getting what you mean here, Kincardine.

Doncaster was the symbol of everything that was disgusting about the SPL and it's regrettable that he now heads up the new body.

Your "blackmail" point, I truly don't understand - perhaps I'm missing something.  The withdrawal of the settlement, a disgusting Doncaster lie had been exposed as such before the vast majority of the SFL clubs reached the right decision, refusing to be bullied by the SPL. 

I've never found your crocodile tears over the demise of the SFL convincing, but I actually do think it's a pity and would have preferred if that body had taken the upper hand in the new one.

Leaving all that aside though, why on earth would fans have no right to criticise Doncaster, just because the boards of the clubs they support had not always acted well?

The logical gaps in what you're attempting to say, are huge.

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Of course we wouldn't.  The SPFL was due, entirely, to the near-bankruptcy of The SPL...which is most of my point.

So you are now peddling that Rangers missing in the top flight created financial problems for the SPL?, even though the TV revenue never ever was reduced.

Your club caused all the problems and yet we suffered because the associations shat bricks left right & centre when the plastics and diddies didn't play ball to let your new Rangers immediately into the top flight of Scottish football.

An apology will be acceptable, thanks.

4 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

So you are now peddling that Rangers missing in the top flight created financial problems for the SPL?, even though the TV revenue never ever was reduced.

Your club caused all the problems and yet we suffered because the associations shat bricks left right & centre when the plastics and diddies didn't play ball to let your new Rangers immediately into the top flight of Scottish football.

An apology will be acceptable, thanks.

Lawwell and other club officials have bemoaned the TV deal....

1 minute ago, bennett said:

Lawwell and other club officials have bemoaned the TV deal....

Everybody including man child & dug have been complaining about it for years, so your point is?

The TV deal has been crap for years and years, so isn't anything new even when your previous incarnation was still in business.

What a dreadful post even by your standards

32 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

why on earth would fans have no right to criticise Doncaster, just because the boards of the clubs they support had not always acted well?

Doncaster is a product of their boards' greed and is the very representative they voted for.  Their first port of call should be their own clubs.

29 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

So you are now peddling that Rangers missing in the top flight created financial problems for the SPL?,

The answer here is yes.  This is not even contentious.

10 minutes ago, mjw said:

f**k sake, they're all here now.
Is the bralt broken?

Yeah I walked back onto P&B on the 12th of July and duly ended the resolution 12 & UEFA same club debate and posted a few other things the Ragers fans couldn't derail, for that I am sorry.

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

The answer here is yes.  This is not even contentious.

:lol: Put the bottle down and log off.

From the Donkeymasters own mouth counter arguing your weak debate.

Asked if Rangers playing in the Third Division had damaged the league, he said: "Oddly not. I think a number of people were predicting that there would be huge financial difficulties amongst clubs.

"Half of our clubs are showing an increase in attendances this year.

"It's not anywhere near as bleak as it might have been and part of that is because so many of our partners - the Clydesdale Bank, Sky Sports, ESPN - have stood by the SPL and that's why, along with the fans coming through the gates, the game is actually in robust financial health.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/20554844

So it seems the SPL prospered whilst you got shafted.