Hibernian vs Dunfermline

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aside from the facilities at the ground, I find it hard to believe that Dunfermline fans wouldn't want to pay a little extra to come and have a day out (with excellent transport networks and a very centrally located ground) in arguably the best postcode in the country for pubs/bars/places to eat.  Wife and kids (if you have any) can go an do some festival stuff allowing you some extra time in the pub and a good day (defeat aside) can be had by all.  It's only an extra fiver ffs.

Okay then, a fiver difference for an adult, £7 for under 12 and a heartbreaking £1 difference for general concessions.

We've ran promotions which lower prices for particular games and clubs who bring a few hundred fans to ER anyway weren't suddenly filling the stand up with an army of wee kids. Your circumstances (if you're not talking shite) of being significantly impacted by our lack of u12 match ticket is a rarity which we're hardly going to base our pricing policy around. We offer £25 u12 season tickets, which whilst not being of any use to the hard up parent who takes his three young kids to away games if it happens to cheap as f**k demographic, is a policy that works for us.

I think I've answered the point. Your club has lost my custom, and it's pie stand has lost revenue too. Easter road doesn't offer any better facilities than I get at East End either. A seat, an unimpeded view of the pitch, a roof over our heads and sanitation. Now I can understand if you've over budgeted on players salaries and are trying to recoup that back from your own support, but I'm not paying a premium to finance you affording said players on higher salaries.

4 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:

I think I've answered the point. Your club has lost my custom, and it's pie stand has lost revenue too. Easter road doesn't offer any better facilities than I get at East End either. A seat, an unimpeded view of the pitch, a roof over our heads and sanitation. Now I can understand if you've over budgeted on players salaries and are trying to recoup that back from your own support, but I'm not paying a premium to finance you affording said players on higher salaries.

And I've addressed this*. According to you its not the adult price that irks you but the cost to bring your kids. We've established that general concessions are £1 dearer at ER (more affordable by average salaries in Dunfermline and Edinburgh I'd imagine) which leaves u12 match tickets - the only thing bulking up your twice as expensive as EEP point - as the issue here.

Our £25 u12 season tickets aren't there to recoup anything. That's our club's strategy for getting kids into ER. It's a good policy for a bunch of different reasons. The upshot of it is away fans with multiple young children - something you barely ever see even when we've charged £5/£10 for everyone - aren't getting as good a deal for that match as those in the far stand from the away section. Oh noes.

*The tl;dr being we don't give a f**k about you or your kids.

Black and White is Tragic

He wears a Tragic Hat

A fifty for the Hibees

He said, "I won't pay that!"

And now his kids are crying

They'll grow up Green and White

And pay the price for quality

While he'll be stuck with shite

eta: The last line suggests he'll be watching a penny-priced club. I would never want to insult a good club with great P&Bers.
(Unless you are The Messiah, Shooboax or Black and White Tragic; in which case, take it as badly as possible.)

And I've addressed this*. According to you its not the adult price that irks you but the cost to bring your kids. We've established that general concessions are £1 dearer at ER (more affordable by average salaries in Dunfermline and Edinburgh I'd imagine) which leaves u12 match tickets - the only thing bulking up your twice as expensive as EEP point - as the issue here.

Our £25 u12 season tickets aren't there to recoup anything. That's our club's strategy for getting kids into ER. It's a good policy for a bunch of different reasons. The upshot of it is away fans with multiple young children - something you barely ever see even when we've charged £5/£10 for everyone - aren't getting as good a deal for that match as those in the far stand from the away section. Oh noes.

*The tl;dr being we don't give a f**k about you or your kids.

I kind of got that, I'll spend my money on something else.

Not withstanding your point about average salaries and general concessions is complete gibberish.

3 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:

I kind of got that, I'll spend my money on something else.

Not withstanding your point about average salaries and general concessions is complete gibberish.

Sound. Best of luck with whatever else you find for your £32 four person day out.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy85 said:

Tight fisted c**t.

I'd personally pay thousands as a thank you to Hibs for utterly destroying the blue bigots as a football club. 

tumblr_inline_nczbgvIlBo1qk1op9.gif

Imagine getting into such a state over the price of a game of football :lol:

The price to enter Easter road is £22. If you find it acceptable then pay it, if you don't then don't pay it. It's not difficult. Coming on here and moaning is going to do absolutely nothing about it.

I can afford to pay the £22.
I might even do just that if it means I get to watch the Scottish Cup winners get humped by us, we've won it twice as well mind so well done to both of us.
I think we'll take around 1000. Took 1500 to Tannadice and 2000 to Central Park last year so it's well achieveable.
Few key players out injured but I'm predicting 3-1 for us against Lennons Losers.
I think our main challengers for the title this season are St Mirren and Ayr as they both see the world as black and white, don't want to sound negative here.
Anybody heard if the Falkirk Youth Club Dance troupe out their fizzog n Sunny D tablets battered the hard core Hibees once or twice last week?

Lost your custom :lol:

I'm sure Rod and Leeann will be crying into our beautiful Scottish cup at that statement.

I can afford to pay the £22.

I might even do just that if it means I get to watch the Scottish Cup winners get humped by us, we've won it twice as well mind so well done to both of us.

I think we'll take around 1000. Took 1500 to Tannadice and 2000 to Central Park last year so it's well achieveable.

Few key players out injured but I'm predicting 3-1 for us against Lennons Losers.

I think our main challengers for the title this season are St Mirren and Ayr as they both see the world as black and white, don't want to sound negative here.

Anybody heard if the Falkirk Youth Club Dance troupe out their fizzog n Sunny D tablets battered the hard core Hibees once or twice last week?

We've won it 3 (three) times, mate.

I hope you have a thoroughly miserable day

We've won it 3 (three) times, mate.

I hope you have a thoroughly miserable day

Fair one, it's just that it had been that long ago these fabled cup wins that Horses were still to split with Zebras in evoltionary terms.
Zebras a piece of equine brilliance given their colour scheme.

Have seen the pars cause a few upsets at ER over the years. The cup game that went into extra time and we won 1-3 with hibs fans chucking their scarves on the pitch. More recently the Brewster show and the game where Ozzie McCann scored of all people and their fans were going mental outside the main stand.

Another good one was when Riordan was in top form and we got pumped 3-1. Great hibs team then. 

As someone who's seen multiple cup wins in the last 10 years, I do rather enjoy when the less fortunate quarters of Scottish football tell us about the trophies that they've enjoyed on Wikipedia.

The one that always sticks with me was a Morton fan telling us about how they'd won the Scottish "much more recently" than us....in the 1920s. BYNqATO.png

Archived