Aberdeen v Heart of Midlothian

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

On a separate note it's mental that the first meeting of 2nd v 3rd from last season, two teams hoping to be at the top end of the table, has been ignored for telly to show Dundee v Rangers. 

......and don't forget Celtic's unmissable match against Inter Milan in Limerick on live later on - only 17 substitutes each can be used

7 hours ago, Elixir said:

You must have missed the two most recent games at Tynecastle where we utterly bossed you in that regard.

I suppose if you win on Saturday that will keep Neilson/Levein in a job for the season

18 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Are you shite or are you master technicians? Make up your mind min.

Against Aberdeen, probably the latter. :(

12 hours ago, Milners said:

I suppose if you win on Saturday that will keep Neilson/Levein in a job for the season

I know. sob.png

2 minutes ago, AberDon said:

Stockley's a doubt for this one. Shame, as I thought do well against a team like Hearts.

Brad McKay did well against Hearts. You're no exactly handing out a badge of honour here, chief.

7 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

Brad McKay did well against Hearts. You're no exactly handing out a badge of honour here, chief.

I think what was meant, was that due to Hearts normally defending deep at Pittodrie and congesting the penalty area, Stockley would have been a good option to get in amongst the defenders and provide an aerial threat.

Too often against these tactics, we struggle in the final third as any cross is inevitably headed away easily by bigger stronger physical specimens.

This is a lot of the reason Hearts are happy to foul us - they know they'll likely cope easily enough with set pieces.  Stockley is very good in the air, and will be a miss if out as I'd hoped to see Rooney play off him for this one.

If Hearts sit back I don't think we'll manage to break them down without Stockley or Hayes. If they push forward it would suit us as McGinn, Burns and maybe even Storey would be able to punish them on the break with their pace.

I think Taylor is available again but I'd play O'Connor, he's done alright since he came in and Reynolds has been good so far this season. McLean will probably play alongside Jack and Shinnie as we don't have too many other options in the middle and McInnes seems reluctant to play Storie. Apart from that the team pretty much picks itself.

Losing Stockley for this one is a big blow, really disappointing that the big lad is doubtful. However, it opens up an opportunity for another player to come in, and I'd like to see Storey playing behind Rooney, with McLean dropping out.

As such, I would play: Lewis, Logan, O'Connor, Reynolds, Considine; Jack, Shinnie; Burns, Storey, McGinn; Rooney.

If Stockley makes it, I'd play 4-4-2: Lewis, Logan, O'Connor, Reynolds, Considine; Burns, Jack, Shinnie, McGinn; Rooney, Stockley.

Unfortunately, with Stockley doubtful, and with Jambos feeling pretty negative on this thread, Hearts are likely to take this one with a shitfested backs-to-the-wall boring 1-0 win, Paterson with the goal from a set play. Phoodle to tell the Hearts fans afterwards that it is a huge sign of progress. The laws of football make it so.

Bring Taylor back.

Move O'Connor into midfield to add some extra bite and drop the off-form McLean.

Shinniesta to be more advanced - but fear he's been worked to the bone in the past week, so Pawlett to come on midway through second half and add some freshness and hopefully some form from somewhere.

Agree that 0-1 with a Paterson header is a bit of a fear......

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

Bring Taylor back.

Move O'Connor into midfield to add some extra bite and drop the off-form McLean.

Shinniesta to be more advanced - but fear he's been worked to the bone in the past week, so Pawlett to come on midway through second half and add some freshness and hopefully some form from somewhere.

Agree that 0-1 with a Paterson header is a bit of a fear......

If Pawlett plays you've got to hope for a penalty which Neilson claims was a dive only to be shown the replay which proves he's talking shit for the 2nd week in a row.

Archived