Oliver Burke

Contra

On 1/13/2018 at 14:06, Gordopolis said:

Not even in the matchday squad vs Brighton today (after not making it off the bench vs Exeter during the week).

Poor show - he came to WBA to get more game time but he was getting decidedly more at Red Bull.

From the comments Pardew has already made about him, sounds like he just doesn't fancy him.  That's a succession of managers now that seem to say he has the talent, but very little football intelligence beyond that.  At what point do you stop saying that he's young and he'll learn it and start wondering whether he's just not going to make it at that level?  I don't think WBA necessarily have the luxury of being able to carry this project player when they need to pick up points and fast.

The RB move didn't help him.  I expect he'll be back in the Championship before long, which would probably be the best thing for him.  He absolutely needs to knuckle down and improve on his clear weaknesses, and at that point he could definitely be useful for us.  

Maybe a loan spell back down in the Championship if he's not getting game time at WBA.
Stating the obvious but the boy needs a regular run of games.

I think he’ll be back in the Championship soon enough with West Brom.