Greenock Morton -vs- Dumbarton

Here was me thinking I'd come on here to a bunch of Sons fan tears but folk think Tidser was kicked off the park? Michael Tidser is 26 years old and had decided that bleach blonde hair was a good look. He deserved everything he got.

#mintidser

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, sonsanorak said:

That was a great goal.

swap you tidser (an injury prone cm) for mark brown ( ex champions league and spl goalkeeper with a fine pedigree)

I once had a dog with a fine pedigree.He persistently peed the carpet.No deal.

The highlights show quite clearly that Thommo didn't dive when he went down in the box. His right foot was caught. Also shows that we were completely done out of a perfectly good goal with the ridiculous decision to give a free kick for a foul on the 'keeper. 

Pretty much what we were sure we had seen during the match.

Well those highlights confirm what all of us who were there yesterday already knew. Stonewall penalty when Thommo has the back of his ankle trodden on, can only think the referee didn't give it because he's a big guy and went down dramatically.

The disallowed goal is madness. Gaston charges out, both he and Thommo challenge for the ball, he flaps a punch to the edge of the box and Joe Thomson scores a cracker. The fact the referee and linesmen gave different reasons to the players for disallowing it is inexcusably bad officiating.

Anyway, good to see SonsTV has sorted out its sponsorship problem. Great stuff [emoji4]

6 hours ago, squeezeboxson said:

The highlights show quite clearly that Thommo didn't dive when he went down in the box. His right foot was caught. Also shows that we were completely done out of a perfectly good goal with the ridiculous decision to give a free kick for a foul on the 'keeper. 

Pretty much what we were sure we had seen during the match.

It looks like they gave offside against the forward who was behind the defenders, unless he was already offside at the initial cross. Either way, I reckon Gaston got out of jail there.

It looks like they gave offside against the forward who was behind the defenders, unless he was already offside at the initial cross. Either way, I reckon Gaston got out of jail there.

It looks to me like that referee thought the linesman had signalled for an offside and blew for that, when in fact he'd signalled it was a foul on the 'keeper. That would tie up with Aitken's comments post match as well.

Monumental breakdown in communication between the two of them if that was the case.

57 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

At the time the guys around me said that the ref had signalled that it was offside, which seemed ludicrous considering the shot went over everyone into the roof of the net and no player (Dumbarton or Morton) was really near it. But at the end of the highlights both managers I'm sure mentioned it being a foul on the 'keeper - which is just as bizarre.

3 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

At the time the guys around me said that the ref had signalled that it was offside, which seemed ludicrous considering the shot went over everyone into the roof of the net and no player (Dumbarton or Morton) was really near it. But at the end of the highlights both managers I'm sure mentioned it being a foul on the 'keeper - which is just as bizarre.

The ref did signal for an offside - weirdly - presumably against Thomson, but he pointed at Buchanan...I think he thought the linesman had signalled for an offside, when in fact he said it was a foul, which Northcroft evidently knew it wasn't. A wee conversation between the two of them would've sorted it out.

Screenshot 2016-08-21 at 09.10.38.png

2 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

A wee conversation between the two of them would've sorted it out.

Screenshot 2016-08-21 at 09.10.38.png

This was exactly my opinion at the time. As soon as I heard some folk saying it was offside and other saying it was a foul. Surely 2 secs to ask each other what they had 'seen'. The same lino who seen nothing at the penalty too, even though it was pretty much right in front of him.

Dumarton's big lanky number 10 got ragdolled. He tried to kick his way through the game and spend most of the 2nd half on his arse when Tam and Bonucci had enough of him. 

That was by far our worst 90 minutes, at least we didn't lose. 

I honestly didn't see any of this stuff from Thompson that Ton fans keep mentioning. He's a physical player but I don't remember him running around kicking folk or diving.

I thought Gallagher had a great game again sitting in front of the defence with Joe Thomson. Again not convinced by Smith defensively but felt Todd had another good game on the right. He works incredibly hard all game. I'm definitely more confident of us staying up after these last two weeks, we're showing similar qualities to last year which is encouraging.

15 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I honestly didn't see any of this stuff from Thompson that Ton fans keep mentioning. He's a physical player but I don't remember him running around kicking folk or diving.

I thought Gallagher had a great game again sitting in front of the defence with Joe Thomson. Again not convinced by Smith defensively but felt Todd had another good game on the right. He works incredibly hard all game. I'm definitely more confident of us staying up after these last two weeks, we're showing similar qualities to last year which is encouraging.

Thompson caught tidser in the first half with a bad foul but I'd say it was more clumsy than anything else. He was doing what most strikers i.e backing in, drawing fouls but nothing out of the ordinary. I personally thought he went down very dramatically for the penalty claim although he was definitely fouled. 

40 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Thompson caught tidser in the first half with a bad foul but I'd say it was more clumsy than anything else. He was doing what most strikers i.e backing in, drawing fouls but nothing out of the ordinary. I personally thought he went down very dramatically for the penalty claim although he was definitely fouled. 

Aye, he's definitely made a bit of a meal of the penalty incident and if I remember the Tidser incident it was a 50/50 and Thommo got it wrong, was he not booked anyway? I'd be disappointed if he wasn't putting himself about like he was yesterday. 

20 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

You can add to that Tidser's two footed tackle on Gallaghes, both feet off the ground and studs showing and the referee didn't even give a foul.

Drivel. They both slid in in the exact same fashion for a 50/50 ball, if it was a red for Tidser it was a red for Gallagher. It wasn't though, because there was clearly no foul committed by either of them.

Anyway, taking a point from that was absolute robbery. Dumbarton's disallowed goal clearly had nothing wrong with it and they were better than us throughout the game: baffled why they timewasted so much when the game was there for the taking, although complaining about it is a bit of a brass neck when we've timewasted in a failed attempt to hold onto leads in our previous two games. Kilday and O'Ware were the only Morton players to emerge from the game with any credit. Kilday is a class act, it's said regularly but the transformation in him is incredible.

We desperately need Russell back to give us more of an attacking presence. As it stands everything goes through the middle and when a team successfully nullifies Tidser as Dumbarton did yesterday - tremendous performance from Gallagher -  we have little to offer. Tidser, Lindsay and Forbes all had poor games, particularly Forbes whose defensive contribution was utterly embarrassing. The main responsibility for that falls on Duffy though, insisting on sticking a central midfielder on the right in a flat 4-4-2. He needs to go 4-5-1 and sign some attacking players who aren't crap ringers.

Three games into the season, still no wins, Hibs away next week to more than likely make it four. If we don't get that win we badly need at Somerset in the fifth game it's hard to see anything but a relegation battle this season: 36 draws will put us in the bottom two.

Archived