The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

Just now, PossilYM said:

Pity you didn't have such passion when you went missing on here the last 6 months.

EKFC motto is from Robert the Bruce, try try and try again.

Best thing that could ever happen to the LL is getting rid of the likes of EKFC and that Broomhill outfit.

Either up or more likely down.

Again, pathetic attempt at trolling from possil ym’s waterboy. Who is attached to nobody, but likes to stick his nib into all. 
And i try not to let my passion/anger spill out onto a football forum that im very rarely on. Unlike yourself. Who is never off it. Polluting thread after thread. Mainly with negative trolling. Trying to get bites off p***ks like me. So well done you.😁

9 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

Again, pathetic attempt at trolling from possil ym’s waterboy. Who is attached to nobody, but likes to stick his nib into all. 
And i try not to let my passion/anger spill out onto a football forum that im very rarely on. Unlike yourself. Who is never off it. Polluting thread after thread. Mainly with negative trolling. Trying to get bites off p***ks like me. So well done you.😁

Is it trolling to ask why Cowdenbeath are parachuted into the League Cup or why EKFC happily votes for B teams in the LL?

7 hours ago, PossilYM said:

EKFC not to be confused with East Kilbride Thistle have a few fans other than the obvious family and friends from the 25 boys/girls clubs they run at £40 a month. I know a few of the so called fans. Booze bags out the local bowling club. Is EK their first loyalty, lol, even a couple of them i remember from Shawfield days. They certainly wouldn't dream of going to an away game.

Who are these booze bags at the EK games, can I be one of them?

40 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

Scott Allen i hear...

He was supposedly on £3k a week at Arbroath, must be getting some pay off from them if he’s willing to move somewhere for a third of that.

All speculation of course, but it’s absolute madness if that amount is anywhere near to being true.

13 minutes ago, Hauzen said:

Another two former Darvel players confirmed signed this evening (Cammy Eadie and Lyle Avici), what's the ex-Darvel tally at now?

More signings to be anounced tomorrow morning..

Mick doing his old club a favour by giving them a few bob 😀😀

2 hours ago, Hauzen said:

The latest ex-Darvel bloke to turn up at K-Park is goalkeeper Chris Truesdale. That's signing number 7 from Darvel I think.

He's a great keeper to be fair. Only thing he's lacking is height. If he was 6ft plus he would be playing a lot higher I'd imagine.

Surprised they also brought in the Darvel number 2. Thought they might go for the Broomhill keeper who Si seemed to like?

2 hours ago, Crazy Feet said:

He's a great keeper to be fair. Only thing he's lacking is height. If he was 6ft plus he would be playing a lot higher I'd imagine.

Surprised they also brought in the Darvel number 2. Thought they might go for the Broomhill keeper who Si seemed to like?

Davie Wilson seems like a nice lad and he came across well in the Open Goal Broomhill documentaries but, from watching their highlights over the course of the season, he seemed to chuck in a goal every game. He might be decent enough with the ball at his feet but what's the point when he can't "catch crosses" or "save shots"?

12 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Davie Wilson seems like a nice lad and he came across well in the Open Goal Broomhill documentaries but, from watching their highlights over the course of the season, he seemed to chuck in a goal every game. He might be decent enough with the ball at his feet but what's the point when he can't "catch crosses" or "save shots"?

Also thought this and found it hilarious how much Ferry etc bigged him up about how good he was with his feet. Felt like he had a howler every other week.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

On 14/06/2023 at 23:14, Cowdenleith said:

He was supposedly on £3k a week at Arbroath, must be getting some pay off from them if he’s willing to move somewhere for a third of that.

All speculation of course, but it’s absolute madness if that amount is anywhere near to being true.

He absolutely will not be getting close to 3 grand a week that’s outrageous. It’ll be a decent wage though.

Also not sure he will be going anywhere or not you’d think it would be done by now, he barely played for us last year as we were struggling very badly and couldn’t give him enough game time to get up to speed and fit because he missed pre season and was not near match fit.

Would hope if he stays he gets a good pre season under his belt and can actually make an impact. 

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

Also thought this and found it hilarious how much Ferry etc bigged him up about how good he was with his feet.  

David Wilson was at Stenhousemuir the season before joining Open Goal Broomhill. He's the very definition of a "lower-league back-up goalkeeper". You know exactly the type of goalie I'm talking about - very short, about 19 or 20, only ever likely to play if the first-choice 'keeper gets injured or sent off. Wilson got into the starting XI after some horrendous performances from Ryan Marshall but it quickly became apparent he was no better than the man he replaced and he too was eventually dropped. I don't remember him being particularly good with his feet and was surprised Simon Ferry talked this quality up. I also found it hard to believe he'd turned down offers from bigger clubs to move to Broomhill because I didn't see a single thing from him to suggest he's got the minerals. Wilson said he's keen to get back into full-time football but unless every full-time goalkeeper in Scotland is struck down with locked-in syndrome at once, I can't see it happening.