The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

2 hours ago, geo87 said:

What’s your thoughts on the weekends outburst? You’ve always come across as a sensible poster.

I think it was exactly just that. What looked like an outburst. Online. Maybe after a few shandies. Think he has seen the guy having a pop and him and reacted. Not the best of reaction may i add. But not deserving of the flack it got either in my opinion. He felt the guy was attacking him and responded. Could have handled it much better though no doubt. Hooefully he learns to bite his tounge from now on. At least on a public online profile.

2 hours ago, johnmc80 said:

I think it was exactly just that. What looked like an outburst. Online. Maybe after a few shandies. Think he has seen the guy having a pop and him and reacted. Not the best of reaction may i add. But not deserving of the flack it got either in my opinion. He felt the guy was attacking him and responded. Could have handled it much better though no doubt. Hooefully he learns to bite his tounge from now on. At least on a public online profile.

If the SFA have seen it he could be in trouble they monitor these things, silly thing to do.

17 hours ago, johnmc80 said:

Great draw in the scottish against fellow founding members whitehill welfare. Hopefully see a few familiar faces there. Good club, with good people.

All change at WW John, much younger committee, you might see Newky but I'll probably not make it although I trekked down to Creetown at the weekend. I'm not involved at the club and Jamie who did all the media and programme is away too (has been going to Vale of Leithen this season as his mates are involved). Craig the Hunter who filmed the games is now at Vale of Leven.

Sadly WW have lost a few stalwarts since you last played. Peter McGauley, Derek Waterson and Wallace Weir the kit man have all passed away. Also at least 3 long term supporters that you might have known only by sight (and sound 🤣 ) are no longer with us.

Edit - might get the train down and have a few beers when EK play Berwick next month.

Edited by The Mantis

Hi what a lovely message.  Of course sad to hear of the folk who have passed, but such a welcome change to the sometimes confrontational stuff we see nowadays.  

Still remember our first ever Lowland Legue home  game back in the day at K Park versus the then EOS champions if I recall. Stole the points , but what an adventure.  

So looking forward to the game and everyone coming through will be made more than welcome.

12 hours ago, andrew21 said:

Take it they've never checked Tom Ewing's twitter account, amount of times he's talked about alleged corruption/incompetence at the SFA/SPFL is unbelievable. 

They aint gonna do anything about as they are corrupt and they know it ffs.  Who was it that was arranging and intend running the Conference league in tier 5, Neil Doncaster and that other idiot Ian Maxwell, (corrupt as they come).  They tried to force it in and force everyoen down and then you find out those two would be running it ffs.  Who said it was going to happen and nothing Highland or Lowland league could do about it, yeah that idiot who is the Lowland League chairman, Thomas brown and did he do it off his own back did he feck, he was knobbled by higher up in the SFA.  They even had the daily record backing them with Andy McGilvery lead writer backing them and that's corruption just on the conference league alone, how many other things have the SFA been dodgy at

So many corrupt people with agendas its unbelievable and most of us just want the pyramid to work and fairly

20 hours ago, johnmc80 said:

Rose tinted 

On 03/09/2023 at 11:30, Cowdenleith said:

Mick’s sobered up and deleted the rather aggressive and offensive tweets.  Screenshots aplenty of the tweets will live on though. 😀

I said on this forum a week or two back that there was something about him that I couldn’t take to. I hadn’t really followed him all that closely, so I was fairly mild in my comments of him, but it’s now clear that he is an out and out narcissistic p***k.

Give him the Gretna or East Stirling job with their existing resources and see how much of a genius he is.

I don’t mind him but they comments at the weekend annoyed me as did Simon Ferry banging on about how they play ‘gid futbaw’ and everyone wants to take the ball etc and that’s the way it should be across the board on his Open Goal podcast. Banging on about signing guys from lower divisions and getting them to do it…. 

They were at a lower division team for the very reason they’re at your team now…. ££££… and you can play ‘gid futbaw’ cause you’ve got by far the best budget in the division meaning you’ve got the best players in the division. 

Go and try play that ‘gid futbaw’ with a team who doesn’t have the same resources East Kilbride now have and see how you get on… last season been completely scrubbed from the guys brain or what? 

Scottish football had quite enough of teams and clubs like this by now surely, nobody can be arsed with them.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Mick Kennedy and Si Ferry really are a couple of horrible wee bellends. Sad to see the great man Bryson also is part of the back room team.

Hopefully Linlithgow (a proper football team rather than a bankrolled vanity project) give them a going over tonight.

Pretty decent game. EK just shaded it without putting Rose keeper under too much pressure and needed a defensive howler for their 2nd.

Rose did well considering McKenzie, Gillespie, Allison , Thom, Cunningham, Heaver and Baxter all out injured.

Good crowd as well - 600+

4 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Pretty decent game. EK just shaded it without putting Rose keeper under too much pressure and needed a defensive howler for their 2nd.

Rose did well considering McKenzie, Gillespie, Allison , Thom, Cunningham, Heaver and Baxter all out injured.

Good crowd as well - 600+

More boness folk than EK fans. Kennedy talking like they sold hunners and hunners of season tickets . FUD

Good morning to you too. Great watch, contrasting styles to say the least, tho we did play more channel balls than usual. Having 3 central midfield injured, plus losing Callum Biggar early doors played it's part. More than happy we stuck with our style, creates so much space out wide and our wingers gave your defence a torrid time.

Know you had mega injury list too, as do most teams after such a congested start to season. Early September and just over a quarter of games played, big shout to Kenny for keeping the fixtures like that. We get benefit when the weather turns.

Good point under all the circumstances,  doubt we will get many harder games,  were pushed all the way last night. Only gripe is we need pull the trigger sooner,  should have gone 3-1 up right  before your second.  Hit the bar after pass the parcel in the box.

Next  3 games are cup ties, hope gives injured players a chance to recover. 

1 hour ago, ekok said:

Good morning to you too. Great watch, contrasting styles to say the least, tho we did play more channel balls than usual. Having 3 central midfield injured, plus losing Callum Biggar early doors played it's part. More than happy we stuck with our style, creates so much space out wide and our wingers gave your defence a torrid time.

Know you had mega injury list too, as do most teams after such a congested start to season. Early September and just over a quarter of games played, big shout to Kenny for keeping the fixtures like that. We get benefit when the weather turns.

Good point under all the circumstances,  doubt we will get many harder games,  were pushed all the way last night. Only gripe is we need pull the trigger sooner,  should have gone 3-1 up right  before your second.  Hit the bar after pass the parcel in the box.

Next  3 games are cup ties, hope gives injured players a chance to recover. 

Boy ferry on podcasting talking about signing players again bit of a smack in the face for the boys that are playing there the now trying their hardest. Maybe start giving your own players a bit of praise 

11 minutes ago, Bankie77 said:

Boy ferry on podcasting talking about signing players again bit of a smack in the face for the boys that are playing there the now trying their hardest. Maybe start giving your own players a bit of praise 

The equivalent of playing Champ Man in 98/99 and giving yourself £100m.

I think I could win the league with this sort of money but let’s hope like Darvel they fall flat on their face at some point.

2 hours ago, SocialClubEnd said:

Micks mercenaries certainly don’t like a team getting in about them. A bigger bunch of whiners. Moaners and greeting faced feckers I doubt I will see this season. 

EK no 4 never halted the whole game.  Refs need to be firmer with plaything fc. 

No4. That's why I'm on the pitch and your no. Aye right m8 your fault for both our goals 😂😂 greeting face