The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

20 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Is Cammy Elliott any use? I had heard that Clyde were sniffing about him as an option if we couldn't get Jordan Allan back, but 1 goal in almost 50 games for Dundalk does not inspire confidence.

He never really got a chance, he is a fantastic player and did really well for us before.

The EK keeper has my sympathies.  No doubt he'll be cutting himself in two thinking about any mistakes he's made, but to then read some of the comments on this forum could take him over the edge.

Disgusting way to treat the guy.  Call yourselves supporters......

1 hour ago, MrIrvinePollock said:

The EK keeper has my sympathies.  No doubt he'll be cutting himself in two thinking about any mistakes he's made, but to then read some of the comments on this forum could take him over the edge.

see if he's sitting reading online comments and letting it affect his performance........ maybe Lower League footballs not for him!

I seen enough of him in the 8-0 game to know he's not the answer to EK's goalkeeper question, and thats just being blunt.

3 hours ago, MrIrvinePollock said:

Have you actually seen this guy play live recently. He does not save anything(watch the highlights) he mistimes cross balls. Don't come for them if your timing is suspect. He is a downgrade on all last years keepers. 

I say keep him in for the season

If he needs extra coaching, he can watch Heats 38 year old youth keeper play every week, that's how the hearts youth keepers are going to learn ....

Edited by Chris_the_rover

13 hours ago, MrIrvinePollock said:

Keepers da found 

3 minutes ago, Crazy Feet said:

Nae Mick the fraud Out shouts today? Lol

To be honest, and given the resources available, they should be comfortable 90% in the LL, the shouts that you refer to mostly have come after games against loftier opposition, where I think he wants to be judged.

Ok back at our own level today,  so much more perspective. Strollers look a bit less than their usual standard.  That said the score did not flatter us in any way. Three absolute highlights. 

Cami back with two goals, second a peach.  Then Biggar scoring 4 goals. But best of all Biggar demanding ball from Robbo to score his hat trick. Slotted away no problem. 

Really hope he keeps this new found confidence up, a total star lies within. 

29 minutes ago, ekok said:

Sorry no  idea what this means 

It was aimed at the posters from other clubs and their obsession with Mick Kennedy.

I don't think I've ever seen such infatuation with another clubs manager than some of the folk on here, it's bordering on being uncomfortable and creepy 

1 hour ago, ekok said:

Ok back at our own level today,  so much more perspective. Strollers look a bit less than their usual standard.  That said the score did not flatter us in any way. Three absolute highlights. 

Cami back with two goals, second a peach.  Then Biggar scoring 4 goals. But best of all Biggar demanding ball from Robbo to score his hat trick. Slotted away no problem. 

Really hope he keeps this new found confidence up, a total star lies within. 

100% agree with this. Spot on – particularly about Calum Biggar.

But let’s remember, (as far as we know) Biggar is still on the transfer list. This was announced by the club’s social media at the end of June. Unlike Keir Samson it was not said that this was at Biggar's request. Therefore, it can be inferred that for whatever reason the management don’t rate him.

In fact, if EK hadn’t had 3 centre mids injured (McGrory, Spence and Mimnaugh) it is extremely unlikely he would have played. So, his selection wasn’t good management, he was really all they had left (apart from the young lad they've just brought in). But all credit to Biggar, he played a blinder.

Hopefully now he will be taken off the transfer list and be moved up the pecking order. If not, then at least for anyone watching, he’s proved that potentially he could do a job in league 1 or league 2.