The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

Very easy game today. Stirling Uni obviously going through a lot of changes just now. 

Was impressed with McGregor when he came on he is at least willing  to attack the ball not wait for it to land on his head.

Boyd looks well off it obviously need games.

Disappointed Samson has left as we are now running a squad with one proper Centre forward. 

If I was MK I would be taking Biggar of the transfer list he is the only fit midfielder who can actually pick out a proper pass and Elliott enjoyed that today.

When do we expect Flannagan, Minnimaugh, Mcgrory and Spence to be back. 

Yea a one-sided game against a team which has caused us real problems in the past. Was surprised  Robbo didn’t start-he certainly was out to impress when he came on. Good hat-trick by Cammy-let’s hope he keeps it up. It’s going to be a long hard season again-I see that Cumbernauld Colts  got beat today by Broxburn which just shows  that they are a pretty decent team too..

Chris McGowan now away. Far superior to any of our current defenders.  Thought he was one of our best players before injury last season. Is he still injured or will he rock up somewhere and start playing. 

Goodness me, we make life hard for ourselves at times. That said the decision to give Tiwi a red card was just wrong . He made up the ground on a loose ball, got there first , stabbed home with sole of boot and keeper then clattered in to him. The ref couldn't get the card out quick enough, he totally misread the passage of play. 

Shire showed very little ambition, even with 11 v 10 for an hour. They are excellent at hoof ball though and at times our defence gave them joy by failing to deal with decisively. 

They were clearly playing out  time for penalties,  surprising given they only scored 1 ,  missing 3. We missed 2 from 5, so not the best ever shoot out on record.

Anyway as they say, in hat for next round, huge game at Cowdenbeath on Saturday.

8 hours ago, ekok said:

Goodness me, we make life hard for ourselves at times. That said the decision to give Tiwi a red card was just wrong . He made up the ground on a loose ball, got there first , stabbed home with sole of boot and keeper then clattered in to him. The ref couldn't get the card out quick enough, he totally misread the passage of play. 

Shire showed very little ambition, even with 11 v 10 for an hour. They are excellent at hoof ball though and at times our defence gave them joy by failing to deal with decisively. 

They were clearly playing out  time for penalties,  surprising given they only scored 1 ,  missing 3. We missed 2 from 5, so not the best ever shoot out on record.

Anyway as they say, in hat for next round, huge game at Cowdenbeath on Saturday.

We are still struggling with injuries so not hoping for much. Just glad to get the game out the way and get past another visit by the ignorant p***ks that are EK and back to enjoying the football alongside decent fans.

1 hour ago, Brazilianlex said:

We are still struggling with injuries so not hoping for much. Just glad to get the game out the way and get past another visit by the ignorant p***ks that are EK and back to enjoying the football alongside decent fans.

I found their fans (in the last two Lowland League seasons) that come through to CP be fine, they seemed a decent enough bunch.

The managerial team with their preening and posturing, not so much 😉

10 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I found their fans (in the last two Lowland League seasons) that come through to CP be fine, they seemed a decent enough bunch.

The managerial team with their preening and posturing, not so much 😉

The GK coach is a Ned !

im maybe tainted by one guy in a EK jacket who was just obnoxious the whole game. I think it’s the same guy who is on Twitter being obnoxious and posts more about Celtic than EK. Don’t know if he is a fan or official.

3 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

The GK coach is a Ned !

im maybe tainted by one guy in a EK jacket who was just obnoxious the whole game. I think it’s the same guy who is on Twitter being obnoxious and posts more about Celtic than EK. Don’t know if he is a fan or official.

Ferry is an even bigger ned on the touchline.

13 hours ago, ekok said:

Maybe a little unfair on Shire, they obviously have tactics which work for them, not every team have the resources to play a more expansive game.

59 minutes ago, allyg1977 said:

Guys just becareful of ur manager he ain't that friendly he will talk all the talk but when things go pear shaped he walks away his amateur team folded cause him Darvel are in trouble cause of him and whys that cause he signs loads of players on big money then walks away so it leaves clubs in trouble I wouldn't  be surprised if he does the same at ur club wether u believe me or not just ask Darvel the real reason he left and it wasn't to do with he completed what the job well he did in a way cause he left them in debt in a big way but like I said look into it but also becareful ur club will go the same way 

Does the full stop button on your keyboard not work?

2 hours ago, allyg1977 said:

Guys just becareful of ur manager he ain't that friendly he will talk all the talk but when things go pear shaped he walks away his amateur team folded cause him Darvel are in trouble cause of him and whys that cause he signs loads of players on big money then walks away so it leaves clubs in trouble I wouldn't  be surprised if he does the same at ur club wether u believe me or not just ask Darvel the real reason he left and it wasn't to do with he completed what the job well he did in a way cause he left them in debt in a big way but like I said look into it but also becareful ur club will go the same way 

Officially the longest sentence in the history of the internet.

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

Officially the longest sentence in the history of the internet.

Don’t think he’s finished yet definitely more to come.

Edited by jambo222

3 hours ago, johnmc80 said:

I’d like to take a sec, to say get it right up you @Brazilianlex.

Why ?

Two takeaways from today 

EK are a good side and Mick showed himself to be the p***k we all know he is. 
Happy to say barring an unfortunate cup draw, we won’t need to endure the EK circus again this season.

Can look forward to the rest of the season now. 👍