Football Manager 2017

Falkirkyabass

Spolier tags?

Seems that a mid-season dip in form is unavoidable each season. Just can't seem to string wins together now with Brentford.

Exactly whats happened to me on my Leeds save. Gone from title challengers at the start of January to fighting to stay in play offs mid Feburary.

On 10/18/2016 at 17:49, SGMilne said:

With the beta out today, please remember that the database still has time for errors to be updated.

With that said...

Known Issues: 

Andy Murdoch at Dunfermline instead of Morton
Jamie Hall and Callum Wilson not at Partick Thistle
St. Johnstone Head Physio out of date
Perry Kitchen's DC rating too high
Liam Gordon has a 9 for goals in his history rather than a 0
Thomas Dempsie and Jack Paterson missing from Killie
Rafa De Vita not yet at Livingston
Allan Walker still at Berwick
Josh Skelly still on loan at Arbroath
Ryan Booth not on loan to Inverurie Loco Works
Tony Quinn still at Queen's Park
Aurelian Mazel still at Stirling
Brett Long still on loan at Forfar

Not Issues:

Anyone under the age of 16 as of 1/9/16 will not be included in the game. As such, the 13 year old Dembele at Celtic won't be in FM17 and neither will the 14 year old who played for Dundee's development side.

One mistake (or more lack of inclusion) I've noticed is Charlie Christie is Head of Youth Development at Caley Thistle but I see he isn't included in the game again this year.

Lost 1-0 against Kilmarnock in the Quarter Final of the Betfred Cup.

Good cup form aside my league form has been absolutely honking I've only beaten Falkirk 3-1. I signed Derek Lyle on a free transfer from QOTS and he grabbed a double on his debut in a 3-2 loss to Dunfermline. Need to start winning games NOW.

The mirror (I think) put up an article about the hardest saves to do in the game. Had a bash at Crotone in Serie A, utter solid to do anything.

Even the boards expectations are 'bravely battle against relegation' :lol:

Think my record in the league is 4-3-16. Haven't moved off bottom all season, no one wants to buy the shite in the team to allow me to strengthen elsewhere, team is full of loanees. It's fun trying to get it right though.

6 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

So, I haven't owned or played this game since 2011 but totally miss it. However, I no longer have a PC.

So what I want to know is, does anyone play the app version on iPad and is it any good? Or is it just a piss-poor alternative to the PC version?

Its obviously not as good as the PC version and nowhere near as detailed but its good for what it is and the price. I don't have a PC either and have played the mobile version the last few years. 

Think its the 17th it comes out on that platform.

So, I haven't owned or played this game since 2011 but totally miss it. However, I no longer have a PC.

So what I want to know is, does anyone play the app version on iPad and is it any good? Or is it just a piss-poor alternative to the PC version?

I play the mobile version and there's not another game on that format like it. Addictive and great to play at work or travelling etc. One of these games you can literally just pick up and play when you like.

I play older versions on laptop which still satisfies me.

I'm still rocking FM15, is this one worth it? I'll probably buy it in January when it's £20 and I've no exams, but it is worth the extra £15 for some serious procrastination? Or better waiting for the sale price?

Nowhere near as good but is still fun none the less.

Its piss easy though, took me 10 years to win absolutely everything with Stirling :lol:

Finished first season in 5th place with St. Mirren and proceeded to clear the decks.

Gone in the summer was the majority of dross. Jamie Langfield, Scott Gallacher, Rocco Quinn, Callum Gallacher, David Clarkson, John Sutton, Ben Gordon, Kyle Hutton.

The only surviving squad members from the original line up are Jason Naismith, Jordan Stewart, Kyle McAllister and Lewis McLear. Lewis Morgan attracted a decent bid from the championship after a very good season, one of my young Dutch lads went to Legia for £800k, my Danish centre back, Kure, went to ply his trade in Switzerland for £200k, a tidy profit for a 31 year old I got for heehaw. Also I negotiated a 40% sell on clause on Stevie Mallan that Southampton offered to buy out for a ridiculous £1.6m, despite the fact he'll be sold to Celtic for peanuts in a year or two.

Coming in though is a plethora of talent for the championship. Graeme Carey and James Keatings signed PCAs early doors. Ryan Hardie stayed on for another year. Robbie Muirhead came across from Hearts for £80k. Declan McManus joined after his release from Fleetwood. I brought in two young centre halves from the Premier League to shore up our admittedly sparse defence. Late on, after the window had closed, the opportunity to sign Haris Vukjic who had been released by Newcastle reared it's head and I took up on the opportunity. 

Our season has started as a mixture of glorious and calamitous and we're sitting joint top with Dundee Utd with Queen of the South tucked in just behind us.

Kilmarnock have suffered a start to the season that can only be described as St. Mirren-esque. 2 points from their first 11 matches means they are horribly detached already.

Still undecided about how I feel about the game this year. Visually they have done a good job of sprucing it up a bit so it flows nicely and there are a few nice touches within some of the information screens. In terms of actual gameplay I will probably make my mind up in a few weeks (I always find the first save and first few hours a bit awkward and difficult to get to grips with).

My United side have made a very indifferent start to the campaign and a lack of strikers has made it more challenging. Currently playing around with variations of a 442 as well as a 451/4231.