Football Manager 2017

Falkirkyabass

Sorry, I accidentally reversed them.  Is this better?

Gordon

C. Paterson  J. Souttar   Hanley   Tierney

J. McGinn     Brown

Forrest   Armstrong   Mackay-Steven

Griffiths

Here is my overall strongest team

Gordon

Lustig Sviatchenko  Hanley Tierney

J. McGinn    Brown

Forrest  Armstrong   Sinclair  

Griffiths

Much better

Whenever I try to start FM, a message saying it couldn't connect to the Steam network pops up. So I click "start in offline mode", but it isn't allowing me to start up the game. It's genuinely a constant loop of misery :(

Whenever I try to start FM, a message saying it couldn't connect to the Steam network pops up. So I click "start in offline mode", but it isn't allowing me to start up the game. It's genuinely a constant loop of misery [emoji20]

Try putting Steam into offline mode

My Dortmund team is now obscene. Horn, Passlack, Ginter, Laporte, Tierney, Naby Keita, Kessie, Burke, Pulisic, Pavon, Dybala is my starting line up. Have some ridiculous players like Dalot, Weigl, Maroni (seriously check this guy out, an Argentinian AM, no idea how available he is but he gets loaned out in the first season and by 2021 is nigh on the best in the world in that role), Reus, Vietto and Selke sitting on the bench every week.

I'd recommend Dortmund if you're struggling for a save btw. Attacking football is perfect for the squad, you're better than 80% of the league so get a chance to squid build, but Bayern are a monstrosity that's its a challenge to topple them.

Update on my Celtic Team Scotland plan.  I'm 4 full season in, preparing for my 5th.  2018-19 was a bit of a disaster, finished 2nd in the league behind Hearts and lost the Scottish Cup final to Sevco.  Getting to the round of 16 of the Champions league saved my job and 2019-20 was a major success!  I won the domestic treble and made it to the semi finals of the Europa League. With some Scottish Cup replays and having to start from the first EL qualifying round I ended up playing 71 competitive games!  I'm still rocking 8 or 9 Scots in my best XI, I have struggled to develop a good Scottish goalie, Jack Hamilton and Josh Donaldson have not worked out well so I bought and Italian guy from Aston Villa in Winter 2020.  Kristoffer Ajer has taken over from Scott Brown (who retired at the end of the 2019-20 season and joined my coaching staff).  Meanwhile Scott Sinclair is still my preferred left winger, but I'm developing a youngster named Jamie McLeish, who is now 21 and has played quite well after Sinclair got injured.  This off season I am splashing some cash, bringing in Ryan Gauld for 6.5 million and on the verge of getting Oliver Burke for 7,5 million.  Stuart Armstrong meanwhile was sold to Wolves for 5.5 million and I'll most likely sell Robert Snodgrass once Burke is tied up. I've also got Matthew Knox, Jack Aitchison (who I have developed as a winger) and a youngster named Jack Paterson on the fringes of the first team.

Best XI with everyone healthy

P. Gollini

C. Paterson J. Souttar. G. Hanley K. Tierney

K. Ajer  J. McGinn

J, Aitchison  R. Christie  S. SInclair

L. Griffiths

Scottish best XI

J. Hamilton

C. Paterson J. Souttar. G. Hanley K. Tierney

R. Gauld  J. McGinn

J, Aitchison  R. Christie   J. McLeish

L. Griffiths