Football Manager 2017

Falkirkyabass

21 hours ago, SGMilne said:

With the beta out today, please remember that the database still has time for errors to be updated.

With that said...

Known Issues: 

Andy Murdoch at Dunfermline instead of Morton
Jamie Hall and Callum Wilson not at Partick Thistle
St. Johnstone Head Physio out of date
Perry Kitchen's DC rating too high
Liam Gordon has a 9 for goals in his history rather than a 0
Thomas Dempsie and Jack Paterson missing from Killie
Rafa De Vita not yet at Livingston
Allan Walker still at Berwick
Josh Skelly still on loan at Arbroath
Ryan Booth not on loan to Inverurie Loco Works
Tony Quinn still at Queen's Park
Aurelian Mazel still at Stirling
Brett Long still on loan at Forfar

Not Issues:

Anyone under the age of 16 as of 1/9/16 will not be included in the game. As such, the 13 year old Dembele at Celtic won't be in FM17 and neither will the 14 year old who played for Dundee's development side.

Danny Carmichael is not at Queens in the game

9 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Found a nice little change just now. A player came saying there was interest from a bigger club and he wanted to go. I did the usual of saying I'd accept reasonable offers. The player now wants you to commit to a figure you'll accept

I'm enjoying this, and the fact you have to agree things with the player/agent before you offer them a contract.

Also, my season has imploded since my 7-2 win, now at 1 win in 12 games..

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm enjoying this, and the fact you have to agree things with the player/agent before you offer them a contract.

Also, my season has imploded since my 7-2 win, now at 1 win in 12 games..

I like the idea of that, but it hasnt made any difference so far.

I've got the usual glut of beta injuries  <_<

Sacked on the 20th of December, one of my more successful first attempts.

Really wish they'd do something more useful for the more casual player with all this Prozone stuff, all they do is show you a heat map and tell you what type of goal you're scoring, while your coaches only input is telling you to play in their favoured formation. I'd rather they help you adjust your tactic by highlighting teams weak against the high press/long balls/overlaps instead.

My laptop is at 1/2 a star for games speed on a large database - anything over 20000 players + more than just the 4 leagues from Scotland and it's a complete crawl.

It's a 2.8gHz processor (i5) with 16GB of RAM, and unless I'm going crazy it used to run 2016 and 2015 very, very comfortably with my standard setup being close to 50000 players and the top flights from the big 3 leagues + Scotland. 2016 was, I'm sure, absolutely fine and would be about 2 1/2 stars on my preferred setup but since the updates/patches about February of this year it's been a nightmare getting it to run fast. Could be linked to Windows 10 in some way too, I dunno, can't remember when this auto-updated to Win 10.

Don't really use this laptop for much other than shitposting on here and playing FM so I can't really justify forking out a few hundred quid on a good desktop (any laptops with better spec than mine I've found are over £1000!) purely for shitposting and FM purposes.

A real dilemma - not even got any background processes eating up my laptop's resources either, might try to tinker with it to figure out what's going on or if I can overclock the processor or some shit but if all else fails I'll settle for just running the 4 leagues from Scotland and use a custom database to load players from the top flights of a few of the countries I like to plunder for players.

Downloaded it last night and have to say so far I'm enjoying it. Gone Berwick and have attempted to emulate John Coughlin's shitehousing 3-5-2 formation given that's all the squad's ridiculous lack of depth allows anyway (not one natural winger).

I considered bringing wingers in with the limited budget I have but for what was out there I didn't think it was worthwhile. Instead I've signed Rory Boulding which is probably silly as up top is arguably my strongest position and Andrew MacDonald on loan from St Mirren.

Two loanees who start there have already picked up injuries (Greg Hurst 6 weeks and Ben Stirling 3 months) so I'm down to the bare bones already - I'd say I've about 13-14 who are good enough or have the potential to make an impact over the season.

Despite the lack of depth big John's dinosaur tactics appear to be working. Wins over Hawick (1-0) and Darlington in pre-season have been followed by a 2-1 home loss to Accies and a 2-0 away win at QP in a regionalised League Cup draw which also sees me paired with Airdrie and Dumbarton :lol:

Anyone noticed EPL transfers are a bit odd? Only 3 transfers for fees so far but a lot of loans and frees being snapped up.

Just realised when you're choosing your manager stats theres a drop down with the likes of "Motivator", "Disciplinarian" and "Tactician" in it which selects the stats for you.

Decided to start an Arsenal save as a Disciplinarian, going to live up to it with fines for every poor action and severe action for those who ever fall out with me

Just realised when you're choosing your manager stats theres a drop down with the likes of "Motivator", "Disciplinarian" and "Tactician" in it which selects the stats for you.

Decided to start an Arsenal save as a Disciplinarian, going to live up to it with fines for every poor action and severe action for those who ever fall out with me

Do you reckon the players are aware of your dicipline choices? For example, I tend to give a warning for 1 red, 1 weeks fine for the 2nd and 2 weeks for 3+ and any violent ones. Players always take the huff after the 2 week fine even if they've just ended a guys career.

Just now, ilostmyself said:

Do you reckon the players are aware of your dicipline choices? For example, I tend to give a warning for 1 red, 1 weeks fine for the 2nd and 2 weeks for 3+ and any violent ones. Players always take the huff after the 2 week fine even if they've just ended a guys career.

I'm not sure yet, nobodies been sent off or done anything requiring a fine yet, and thats me in November.

On 18/10/2016 at 20:29, Mr X said:

The fact that it defaults to this pish instead of your inbox is already driving me nuts

Seemingly you can now stop it doing this.

Click on FM (options) - Preferences - Interface (from the drop down menu) - Screen Flow - Untick Visit News Screen Automatically.