Football Manager 2017

Falkirkyabass

6 hours ago, Mr X said:

Yeah, you get the feeling they've been chucked in at the last minute.

This. I'd be shocked if they weren't working on how to incorporate them further in updates with the idea of them being important in next years game though. Plenty of folk involved with the game have hinted that the growing number of them in the game meant they needed to be involved, but they've not perfected how to make them work correctly in-game yet, and they'll need to add new stats to define them.

Also the full game releases at midnight tonight.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

This. I'd be shocked if they weren't working on how to incorporate them further in updates with the idea of them being important in next years game though. Plenty of folk involved with the game have hinted that the growing number of them in the game meant they needed to be involved, but they've not perfected how to make them work correctly in-game yet, and they'll need to add new stats to define them.

Also the full game releases at midnight tonight.

You're almost certainly right. Not sure why they bothered rushing them into this years  game though, unless the new stats suddenly appear in tonights release. Why not just wait and add them once the stats were there and they'd worked out what to do with the roles

For what it's worth, based on your other thread, you started your save when you were still using the beta.

I would have started a new game when the game was released yesterday.

SI don't hide the fact that it's a game still in beta format when you get it a fortnight before release and even if you're using a save in the 'released' game, because you started it in an older version it'll still have hangovers from the beta code you're using.

1 minute ago, SGMilne said:

For what it's worth, based on your other thread, you started your save when you were still using the beta.

I would have started a new game when the game was released yesterday.

SI don't hide the fact that it's a game still in beta format when you get it a fortnight before release and even if you're using a save in the 'released' game, because you started it in an older version it'll still have hangovers from the beta code you're using.

Thats a fair point. Had hoped the expectations would've been one of the things that wouldn't have been massively affected by it being a beta save though.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Thats a fair point. Had hoped the expectations would've been one of the things that wouldn't have been massively affected by it being a beta save though.

It certainly comes across like it's a bug and I replied to your post on the SI forums suggesting you post about it in the bugs section rather than the data thread.

But like I say, it might well be an issue caused by it being a beta save,

In terms of data, the only thing would be that if we'd set Saints as being favourites to win the league, which we haven't. But even if we had, you're well within touching distance of being top anyway.

1 minute ago, SGMilne said:

It certainly comes across like it's a bug and I replied to your post on the SI forums suggesting you post about it in the bugs section rather than the data thread.

But like I say, it might well be an issue caused by it being a beta save,

In terms of data, the only thing would be that if we'd set Saints as being favourites to win the league, which we haven't. But even if we had, you're well within touching distance of being top anyway.

I wasn't sure where to post it, tbh, so just posted it in the Scotland thread hoping someone would point me in the right direction. Posted a thread in, I hope, the right place now so will wait and see. 

Also its been posted up that Donnarumma has the highest potential in this years game, with Marco Asensio, Anthony Martial and Ousmane Dembele the three behind him.

22 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Also its been posted up that Donnarumma has the highest potential in this years game, with Marco Asensio, Anthony Martial and Ousmane Dembele the three behind him.

Spolier tags?

Seems that a mid-season dip in form is unavoidable each season. Just can't seem to string wins together now with Brentford.

Used to dominate every year on FM but used to get hammered last year and this year has been no different. Cant get my head around the tactics tbh. SI need to sort out the injuries bit ridiculous that every save about half my team are missing long term by the start of the season.

On 01/11/2016 at 18:17, gc_smfc said:

I generally start all my games with all transfer budgets zero, making it a challenge to get any new players in.

I started again with St. Mirren, and I'm doing alright. 4 wins 2 draws and a defeat in the league. A quarter final against Killie in the league cup, and a quarter final with Bala Town in the challenge cup.

I've signed some 35 year old Italian who can play centre or left back for the season. That's all. Mallan however requests to leave almost immediately, so he'll be gone in January.

I'm generally playing a structered 4-4-2 with a roaming playmaker and a ball-winner in the middle. A supporting target man and advanced forward up top. Shankland appears a bit overrated, averaging a goal a game.

MacKenzie and Quinn are still on their journey back from injury.

Defending set-pieces is killing me though, making a lot of comfortable games turn quickly. Tried messing around with how I'm set-up but nothing is clicking. 

How much did you get for Mallan? I managed to tie him down to a 3 year contract but he's been in fantastic form for me and has just requested in mid-December to leave. I have likes of Southampton, Villa, Palace offering £1.3m-£1.6m for him which is going to a huge booster.

I also updated the database to include the John McGinn sell on clause (33%, rounded up to 35%) that doesn't exist in the game. It was literally the first thing I looked for when I loaded the game as it was missed last year as well. It's not exactly giving myself a foot up, it's a genuine, existing clause and an oversight by the Hibs researcher.

Turns out, Villa bought McGinn for approx £1m early doors so that cut of the money allowed me to bring in a couple of Danish centre halves, a couple of young and capable midfielders and a new keeper.

Sitting comfortably tucked in 5th spot at the turn of the year. My best result was going to Parkhead in the league cup and pummelling a full strength Celtic side 3-1. Then went out the Scottish cup feebly to East Fife. Need to trim a lot of the fat off in January though. Webster is gone, Clarkson won't leave, Langfield, Irvine, Quinn and Hutton aren't playing either so could shed all of them without any real issue.

Also, another wee tip....go straight back in for Walsh and Hardie and extend their loans ASAP. You shell out a combined £1.1k a week on wages for them until January but if you extend their loans until the end of the season right away, Rangers aren't looking for any wage contribution whatsoever. I didn't realise this until early November and was seething.

17 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

How hard is that 3D profile thing?  When I did it, it took me forever to get it right and even then it made me look like a burns victim!  Shame the Highland and Lowland Leagues aren't playable.  I was wanting to play as Fort William!

Give it a while, like a week or so. There's usually a pretty substantial and in-depth 5th tier add-on that comes out through the community at some point.

Just now, Chimter-boys said:

Any suggestions for a small La liga side to go with that would allow me to build up youth but yet still offer a relative challenge?

Bilbao...