ADL Thread? ??

colliebhoy

1 hour ago, ArdeerUltra1 said:

Ardeer were missing a few bodies today as well and also down to 10 men for 60 mins of the game because of Ina Reid's beak and big mouth not being able to close which could've cost us the game, we had a 48 year old man playing left back and no centre mids in site, darvel legend you are a spastik and should be ashamed of you're team 

He's actually 43 !!!!!!

you are well informed NOT 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every team in this league capable of beating everybody. Nobody shud be disrespectful or take any team lightly. Whitletts said before yesterday's game would be a tough game and was proven. Credit to craigmark was a real open game and cud of went either way am just glad we got a winner late on put us top for now

Thought we deserved the draw against Darvel yesterday. Iain Reid's silly sending off just before the break made things difficult in the second half, but we defended very well as Darvel unsurprisingly had more chances.

Hopeful we can build on the draw and get back to winning ways against Saltcoats next Sat.

46 minutes ago, Markka said:

Thought we deserved the draw against Darvel yesterday. Iain Reid's silly sending off just before the break made things difficult in the second half, but we defended very well as Darvel unsurprisingly had more chances.

Hopeful we can build on the draw and get back to winning ways against Saltcoats next Sat.

Yous defended your lead well i give u that but we wasted loads of chances which happens some days and I thought it 2 dropped points for us when before the game with all the players we had missing I would have took a point 

Yous defended your lead well i give u that but we wasted loads of chances which happens some days and I thought it 2 dropped points for us when before the game with all the players we had missing I would have took a point 

Who were Darvel missing? I noticed Parris, Gall and Henderson but I've not kept up to date with your usual line-up.

We had couple missing as well plus a few walking wounded so I'm satisfied with a point as well.

12 minutes ago, Markka said:

Who were Darvel missing? I noticed Parris, Gall and Henderson but I've not kept up to date with your usual line-up.

We had couple missing as well plus a few walking wounded so I'm satisfied with a point as well.

Ally gaw and Mark Armour we're also missing  two others travelled back on Saturday morning from night out's to play 

Ally gaw and Mark Armour we're also missing  two others travelled back on Saturday morning from night out's to play 

We had a player do the same in the morning. Not going to read too much into the match but reckon both teams can be defensively strong if they play to their best.

It's an enjoyable league this year with almost every team being competitive on their day.

Money talks though and Ardrossan and especially Whitletts have got to be favourites.

They've got a great committee raising money for them and anything other than winning the league should be considered a massive underachievement for the monetary investment that's been made.

Was a good open game of football yesterday and, whilst we were absolutely gutted to lose, credit to Whitletts. They spent money and got a match winner in wee Hoots.

Whitletts do seem to carry more luck than other teams.

Last minute penalty yesterday is an example after being behind for most of the game.

Will start to struggle though when they have as many away games now to play

I certainly wouldn't have put beating us yesterday down to luck. We were on the other end of it the week before against Dalry.

Just one of those things but being able to go and spend money on a player like Hoots is a luxury only maybe 1 or 2 in the ADL have and it paid dividends for them yesterday.

Whitletts do seem to carry more luck than other teams.
Last minute penalty yesterday is an example after being behind for most of the game.
Will start to struggle though when they have as many away games now to play

Id love you to show me where we've been lucky this season. Goal yesterday wasn't a penalty either. Wouldn't say it was luck either as we fought to the end after being behind and won a game where in seasons past we would never have come back. We've had the worst run off injuries iv known since following Whitletts and lost arguably our best performing player last week for the season. We've had to play boys from our 21s and 19s every week and struggled to fill our bench most weeks. As for the run of home games, Whitletts are as baffled as everyone else why we've had so many.

Lol, how do they carry more luck?? 3 key players haven't touched a ball this season due to injury, key centre half stretched off v Darvel (his season over) and their main man Balfour has only managed 3 starts in the league. A 17 year old has started 4 games, 5 of the team on Sat were u21 and it was a goal from open play that won the game. Lucky team that. Lol
Good bunch at Whitletts with a good manager just trying to improve on last season - that's all. Tough league with good teams all round

you might need to start more teams down darvel way mr pie man,seems to be you need a 19s and a 20s team to win the league this year,most teams just pick from the one squad of players,whitletts can pick from three teams.[emoji6]

According to some on here, we're the only team in the ADL that can afford to run 3 teams

Archived