ADL Thread? ??

colliebhoy

I am all for the banter on here and my opinions some times cause controversy.
I would just like to congratulate Darvel and Kello who have been the most consistent two teams in the ADL and deserve to go up if they manage to get over the line (which I'm sure they will).

As for my team we have had injuries but we cannot sweep that under the carpet. Neil and Jamie were simply not good enough and if Neil stays on next season then I don't think we will get promotion either. Jamie has now left which I found surprising with only 2 games to go? The committee have backed the management substantially with a good healthy budget that even Super 1st teams would be proud of. The experienced players we've brought in have took the money and not performed. To simply come 4th after winning our first 5 games is not acceptable.

I don't want the management to remain in charge next season and I hope the committee sort it out. The club is run very well but we keep on failing year after year on the playing field.

It's time for a good experienced manager for once.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done to Darvel. Credit where credit is due. Most consistent team all year and have that winning mentality. Never no wen they are beat. 

Kello have done well too. No one have given them any chance of getting promoted and look fav to go up with darvel. 

As for winton and whitletts, too inconsistent. Winton relied to much on the caddis and greatly wen his brother was there too. Squad wasn't good enough to go up. Whitletts were the same. Injuries didn't help but that can just be seen as an easy excuse. 

Av il have the experienced players back at my club next year no problem. 2/3 experienced player ain't enough to get you promoted if the other players aren't good enough. Relying on players that are at the end of theirs careers says to me that your squad ain't good enough.

Anyway well done darvel look forward to your visit next year in super first 

I think if Duffy stays that means balfour  will need to go it's no big secret in the league Balfour and Duffy don't get on. 

hard one for the committee a guy who can easily score 30 plus in that league or a guy who spent a fortune and has finnished properly 4th in the league or depending on Dalrys results may Finnish 5th. Another year of failure at the rented dam park stadium 

1 hour ago, fanofthejuniors said:

I think if Duffy stays that means balfour  will need to go it's no big secret in the league Balfour and Duffy don't get on. 

hard one for the committee a guy who can easily score 30 plus in that league or a guy who spent a fortune and has finnished properly 4th in the league or depending on Dalrys results may Finnish 5th. Another year of failure at the rented dam park stadium 

FOTJ your way off saying Balfour and Duffy don't get on. The boy is a waster with a drink problem. Out gassed every Friday night, doesn't go to training, doesn't communicate with the manager. The boy has been doing it for years and been getting away with it. Definitely not Duffy's fault in this case.

FOTJ your way off saying Balfour and Duffy don't get on. The boy is a waster with a drink problem. Out gassed every Friday night, doesn't go to training, doesn't communicate with the manager. The boy has been doing it for years and been getting away with it. Definitely not Duffy's fault in this case.

Having coached Tony, whilst he may have his faults, I think it's incredibly disrespectful to label him a waster.

His goals to games ratio is absolutely outstanding and his work rate, whilst I was there, matched that as well. I just think it's a mistake for Whitletts to leave those goals on the sideline. You have to find a way of managing the wee man to get him on the park. Unless of course it's genuine injury then there's not much you can do.

I would just like to congratulate Darvel and Kello who have been the most consistent two teams in the ADL and deserve to go up if they manage to get over the line (which I'm sure they will).

As for my team we have had injuries but we cannot sweep that under the carpet. Neil and Jamie were simply not good enough and if Neil stays on next season then I don't think we will get promotion either. Jamie has now left which I found surprising with only 2 games to go? The committee have backed the management substantially with a good healthy budget that even Super 1st teams would be proud of. The experienced players we've brought in have took the money and not performed. To simply come 4th after winning our first 5 games is not acceptable.

I don't want the management to remain in charge next season and I hope the committee sort it out. The club is run very well but we keep on failing year after year on the playing field.

I heard Chris strain senior is in the running

1 hour ago, Teofilio said:

Having coached Tony, whilst he may have his faults, I think it's incredibly disrespectful to label him a waster.

His goals to games ratio is absolutely outstanding and his work rate, whilst I was there, matched that as well. I just think it's a mistake for Whitletts to leave those goals on the sideline. You have to find a way of managing the wee man to get him on the park. Unless of course it's genuine injury then there's not much you can do.

1 hour ago, Teofilio said:

It's my opinion of the guy so i couldn't give a hoot what you think. The guy has let everyone at Whitlett's down and he should be ashamed with the way he has went on this season. 

Are you telling me you would play the guy when he doesn't train and turn up smelling of drink on a Saturday. 

You clearly had a guy at Whitlett's who's attitude was better back then but that didn't save you getting punted from there either.

I find it incredibly disrespectful that at every opportunity for a dig at Neil you come on and have a go. Being a coach/manager who's been sacked more times than Brian Reid you have a cheek. Fellow coaches/managers who's been in situations like this know better.

Calm down mate, take a breath.

You are correct that you're entitled to your opinion. I merely disagreed and thought it was a harsh assessment of the lad. If you don't care what I think then don't reply, simple.

I have no axe to grind with Neil or anyone in the league. I wish every team, manager and club well in such difficult times.

I simply come on this forum and give my opinion on matters, as you do to. I recognise that being connected to a club and the fact I've never hidden my identity means I may be open to extra shots but this is a football forum and I am here to contribute how I see fit.

And finally, I've NEVER been sacked from anywhere and didn't get 'punted' from Whitletts but don't let the truth get in the way of a good story eh??

6 hours ago, Ayr Victoria said:

Uve been made to look a fool but fair play on congratulating us , I stick my neck on the line also as it's only banter but I'm a lot more knowledgeable than u obviously so  uve a wee chance u could go up next season ha ha ha 

7 minutes ago, Teofilio said:

Calm down mate, take a breath.

You are correct that you're entitled to your opinion. I merely disagreed and thought it was a harsh assessment of the lad. If you don't care what I think then don't reply, simple.

I have no axe to grind with Neil or anyone in the league. I wish every team, manager and club well in such difficult times.

I simply come on this forum and give my opinion on matters, as you do to. I recognise that being connected to a club and the fact I've never hidden my identity means I may be open to extra shots but this is a football forum and I am here to contribute how I see fit.

And finally, I've NEVER been sacked from anywhere and didn't get 'punted' from Whitletts but don't let the truth get in the way of a good story eh??

I like your last paragraph mate. What ever makes you feel good. Will I use failure at Whitlett's, Annbank and Craigmark? That probably fits better.

I like your last paragraph mate. What ever makes you feel good. Will I use failure at Whitlett's, Annbank and Craigmark? That probably fits better.

Aye your probably right there. Gave it my best though and I'll keep on working hard to try and be successful.

All the best, whoever you are.

I agree if u manage Balfour he gets u goals amazing that Steph or Ricki didn't have any problems with him. Both clearly new how to manage the most natural  talented player in the league. 

U made allegations against a young lad referring to a drink problem and been a waster. Do you know him personally to make this allegations??

know basically accusing people of having a pop at the whittlets manager I believe the comment which was been was if u manage Tony correct he will score u goals which is clear to everyone that duff and Jamie hasn't been able to man manage him.

8 minutes ago, fanofthejuniors said:

I agree if u manage Balfour he gets u goals amazing that Steph or Ricki didn't have any problems with him. Both clearly new how to manage the most natural  talented player in the league. 

U made allegations against a young lad referring to a drink problem and been a waster. Do you know him personally to make this allegations??

know basically accusing people of having a pop at the whittlets manager I believe the comment which was been was if u manage Tony correct he will score u goals which is clear to everyone that duff and Jamie hasn't been able to man manage him.

Yes i do know him personally. He drinks most nights and weekends. Smashing lad with a shocking attitude towards his football. 

He's a good lad outside of football. Yes a waster has with a bit of effort and commitment towards his football i believe he could play in the premier league.

Let's see how many teams from the super 1 or premier treasure a chance on him.

I'm far too old to be jealous of anybody. I like my football and I've seen far too many talented players go down the swany due to the lure of alcohol.

Archived