Diddy Cup 1/4 finals

The Ilford Drummer

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's only teams that don't qualify..call it the Diddy cup.cos any games I have seen management  n players are bursting there baws. To get a result.....so think it's just the fans of the Diddy teams that complain....cheers Cotter 

Bursting their baws cotter really ? Swifty Kilbirnie ' we have used league cup as part of our pre season ' . Chris Strain jnr Kilwinning ' with all due respect to the competition , its not the be all and end all ' and 'in context its about preparation for the league '.

Its nothing but a glorified pre season competition that costs full money. All about Lugar getting a game with Talbot , the Ants a game v Pollok without earning them.

It's cos teams get a few bad result s ..managers say only pre season  .so they don't get a tough time off  fans..if players are getting  paid good money.by your club..they should be bursting  there baws. Other  wise they are cheating  your clubs...

So it's a Diddy cup.cos cos bookies don't price up...rubbish  it's just managers who lose use that excuse ..Kilwinning  no chance of winning league..Kilbirnie  no chance of winning  league..so why prepare  for league..when u might have a chance to win a trophy  at the start of season..cos it's a very difficult  thing to do as a junior  manager...it's all about survival  .apart from  Talbot Hurlford Troon Beith n Pollok....the rest fighting  to stay up.....

30 minutes ago, .Stuart. said:

If I was paying £6 to get in and the manager was telling his players that this was just a Diddy cup then I'd want my money back

ETA I'd still be delighted if they dumped this cup though.

Kinda felt the same at the start of the season until I noticed teams were missing players often due to holiday - would rather have this scenario in a minor cup contest than starting the league campaign earlier with smaller squads.

FWIW's think there's a place for one Ayrshire/Central district cup (maybe as a qualifier to the big Scottish ala in Germany?)

38 minutes ago, Larky55 said:

Last 8, & Semi Finals should be weekend fixtures.

Don't agree. It would mean teams missing league fixtures and creates an imbalance in league games played from the very start.

If teams such as Talbot or Beith are involved who are also missing league games due to senior cup fixtures it could mean they are four or fives games behind almost immediately

Archived