La Liga / Copa Del Rey Ole

capybara

23 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

4-4-2 doesn’t suit Barcelona’s style of play or personnel.  Not sure what Valverde is thinking.  This is shit.

Valverde clearly wants to play a 4-3-3, as evidenced earlier in the season, but two summers of poor recruitment and an injury to Dembele means he's not really not got the wingers to play like that at present. 

Plus, they're 8 points clear and have only failed to win once in the league and CL.

7 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Valverde clearly wants to play a 4-3-3, as evidenced earlier in the season, but two summers of poor recruitment and an injury to Dembele means he's not really not got the wingers to play like that at present. 

Plus, they're 8 points clear and have only failed to win once in the league and CL.

No reason why Delofae (sp?) can't start every week.  He's looked good playing as part of the front three.  I hope Dembele comes good but on his brief appearances so far I'm not convinced.  Mind you I said the same about Neymar before he got into the way of playing in the Barca style.

14 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

No reason why Delofae (sp?) can't start every week.  He's looked good playing as part of the front three.  I hope Dembele comes good but on his brief appearances so far I'm not convinced.  Mind you I said the same about Neymar before he got into the way of playing in the Barca style.

Delofeu has done a job so far, but I'm still sceptical about whether he's consistently good enough for a team like Barca. His numbers at Milan last season weren't great. Dembele was excellent for Dortmund last year and, in terms of style,  is the closest player they could have got to Neymar. He'll come good once he's back.

The one thing the 4-4-2 does do is give Messi a free role through the middle, so not all bad.

1 hour ago, lanky_ffc said:

Delofeu has done a job so far, but I'm still sceptical about whether he's consistently good enough for a team like Barca. His numbers at Milan last season weren't great. Dembele was excellent for Dortmund last year and, in terms of style,  is the closest player they could have got to Neymar. He'll come good once he's back.

The one thing the 4-4-2 does do is give Messi a free role through the middle, so not all bad.

I suppose that's a matter of opinion.  I watch Barca most weeks and any time I've seen him he's played well and on occasions very well.  There are some squad players who may not be good enough, Gomis is an example in my opinion, and some who grow into the team without being superstars, like Sergio Roberto.

I'm certainly prefer to play Delofeu up beside Messi and Suarez than anyone else presently available and would far prefer it to the formation on Saturday evening.

• 2 weeks later...

Just booked flights to Madrid in February hopefully get to real game as they’re home to alaves I believe however even looking at nearer fixture the only tickets on the official site are hospitality, sure I won’t struggle to get tickets but any advice appreciated.  

• 2 weeks later...

hard to take Atleti serious all the time that their abbreviated name on screen during live coverage is ATM - not that it's something that crops up all that often on my more ususal on-line interface with Spanish entertainment which is  Torbe's PutaLocura - which has other areas of expertise to enjoy - but I just can't get a succession of non-football related images out of my mind, however eyecatching their new stadium might be...

edit; count me out of the madrid derby anyway - that fucking geordie co-commentator is just unlistenable - like sid waddell feigning an extra-geordie geordie accent for comic effect - just puts my teeth on edge - napoli v milan it is....

Edited by Herman Hessian

19 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

edit; count me out of the madrid derby anyway - that fucking geordie co-commentator is just unlistenable - like sid waddell feigning an extra-geordie geordie accent for comic effect - just puts my teeth on edge - napoli v milan it is....

^^^

Doesn't know what a geordie is.

2 hours ago, Herman Hessian said:

hard to take Atleti serious all the time that their abbreviated name on screen during live coverage is ATM - not that it's something that crops up all that often on my more ususal on-line interface with Spanish entertainment which is  Torbe's PutaLocura - which has other areas of expertise to enjoy - but I just can't get a succession of non-football related images out of my mind, however eyecatching their new stadium might be...

Gerry the Geordie. :lol:

cb8f56f1834066980d3943e663c5301d0cd6046f.jpg