La Liga / Copa Del Rey Ole

capybara

55 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

Girona go ahead again. I've watched a few of their games lately and they play some great entertaining stuff.

I see Dovbyk scored.......I was watching the Italy v Ukraine Euro qualifier a couple of weeks ago with my Ukranian guests.....Dovbyk was on the ball and Nicolay popped up and said in his broken english "I know him"....turns out he does actually know him pretty well when growing up in Dnipro together

Sociedad v Betis. Tierney starts. Enjoying being able to watch his games on Viaplay at the moment. Will be unfortunate when I have to replace this subscription with Premier Sports. La Liga TV has been fun to watch, good production and one or two decent analysts. 

La Real have three Spain internationalists who appeared against Scotland in their team today. Merino, Oyarzabal and Le Normand. 

Edited by 2426255

Interesting first half, it's been pretty even. Tierney has performed about par. Sharp two touch passing, good 1v1 defending, but Betis are a better team than Villarreal and so his side has been exposed a few times. In an attacking sense he started well and got forward a number of times, but as the game has gone on he's been less impactful. The trend of Traore inverting and Sociedad forming a back-3 including Tierney when in possession has continued.

Guillame Balague suggested during the match that part of the reason for bringing Tierney in was because they needed someone with stronger defensive qualities. 

Second half, not much to say. Tierney wasn't involved much in the game. Almost nothing going forward. Both teams looked like a bit tired and happy with a draw. Tierney was subbed on 84 minutes, so it's good game time and no injury and probably that's the best thing to come out of this game.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure if you told 2013 Malaga just after they'd bottled a Champions League quarter final that they'd start 2024 away to CF Intercity in the Third Tier they wouldn't have believed you

Screenshot_20240102_162930_LiveScore.jpg

15 minutes ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

I'm sure if you told 2013 Malaga just after they'd bottled a Champions League quarter final that they'd start 2024 away to CF Intercity in the Third Tier they wouldn't have believed you

Screenshot_20240102_162930_LiveScore.jpg

Deportivo La Coruna are down in the third tier too, after also enjoying some CL quarter and even semi final action earlier in the 2000s. I remember their ground having a cracking atmosphere on those euro nights.

30 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

Deportivo La Coruna are down in the third tier too, after also enjoying some CL quarter and even semi final action earlier in the 2000s. I remember their ground having a cracking atmosphere on those euro nights.

One of my core football on TV memories is Deportivo humping AC Milan 4-0 in 2004

2 hours ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

One of my core football on TV memories is Deportivo humping AC Milan 4-0 in 2004

An unbelievable result when you look back at the Milan team! 😄

image.png.827040e1decd7cf02c51a7bb71d847f2.png

Subs

image.png.27c5084d53058893a0536361649300cf.png

Tremendous game on Viaplay  - currently half time and Girona 3 Atletico Madrid 2.  Watching this on my tv and darts on my laptop.

Morata is having a masterclass in finishing - just denied his hat trick as offside by half a yard.