La Liga / Copa Del Rey Ole

capybara

I fucking love La Liga, what a great game to watch that was.  Wouldn't open my curtains to watch 95% of EPL games if they were playing in the garden, but will happily watch every single La Liga game in any given season if possible.  If you're a football fan that is as good as football gets.

Glad to see Griezmann off the mark already. An absolutely wonderful player that never gets the credit he deserves. In 2018, he was much better than Modric and deserved the Ballon D’Or. His goal record for what is essentially a wide player in such a defensive team is excellent, and Barca should bring the best out of him. His record on the biggest stage absolutely shits all over the likes of Hazard etc who people cream themselves over. Over the last 4-5 years I’d have him behind only Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar. These are the proper elite.

14 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Glad to see Griezmann off the mark already. An absolutely wonderful player that never gets the credit he deserves. In 2018, he was much better than Modric and deserved the Ballon D’Or. His goal record for what is essentially a wide player in such a defensive team is excellent, and Barca should bring the best out of him. His record on the biggest stage absolutely shits all over the likes of Hazard etc who people cream themselves over. Over the last 4-5 years I’d have him behind only Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar. These are the proper elite.

Whilst I don't agree with you about him playing wide (he was through the centre in nearly every game last season, occasionally pulling wide left and moreso after morata came), I do agree with you that he deserved the Ballon d'Or last year. He was magnificent all year for both club and country. It really seemed to affect him not getting it as he was awful in the second half of the season to the point where he looked like he chucked it. He's a wonderful player right enough, but it was time for him to move on.

Good performance by Barcelona last night, especially with Messi and Suarez missing. Betis don't look like they've fully adjusted to their change in style of play at all yet.

Great three points for Atleti at Leganes. Slightly more expansive from Simeone switching between 3-5-2 and his favoured 4-4-2.  An absolute grind but pleasing signs given they had drawn their last three visits there. Trippier involved again at the goal with a lovely ball to Felix who set up Vitolo. Vitolo really making a case for himself to replace Lemar too, he's looked sharp and is almost like a new signing.

2 hours ago, JMDP said:

Whilst I don't agree with you about him playing wide (he was through the centre in nearly every game last season, occasionally pulling wide left and moreso after morata came), I do agree with you that he deserved the Ballon d'Or last year. He was magnificent all year for both club and country. It really seemed to affect him not getting it as he was awful in the second half of the season to the point where he looked like he chucked it. He's a wonderful player right enough, but it was time for him to move on.

Good performance by Barcelona last night, especially with Messi and Suarez missing. Betis don't look like they've fully adjusted to their change in style of play at all yet.

Great three points for Atleti at Leganes. Slightly more expansive from Simeone switching between 3-5-2 and his favoured 4-4-2.  An absolute grind but pleasing signs given they had drawn their last three visits there. Trippier involved again at the goal with a lovely ball to Felix who set up Vitolo. Vitolo really making a case for himself to replace Lemar too, he's looked sharp and is almost like a new signing.

all good points tbf but anyone saying Griezmann should have won the Ballon d'Or when Messi scored literally double the amount of goals in the same league is on glue.  Messi obviously should have won it easily.

And him chucking it was nothing to do with that and everything to do with him wanting to leave the club and with for Barcelona and regretting not doing it the previous summer.  Messi had double the goals and double the assists while playing in the same position in the same league (and winning the title), to suggest Griezmann should have been ranked above him is ridiculous.

I fucking love La Liga, what a great game to watch that was.  Wouldn't open my curtains to watch 95% of EPL games if they were playing in the garden, but will happily watch every single La Liga game in any given season if possible.  If you're a football fan that is as good as football gets.

Give me Osasuna vs Eibar every day of the week.