Never a 4-1 game but I thought the first 25 minutes is the worst we have played under McInnes at Celtic, to set up with a 5 man defence against Celtic was the wrong tactic but at least he changed it with putting O'Connor in Midfield so we could play higher up the park. I did hear on Thursday that we had a flu virus at the club and McInnes said in post interview on RedTV that Jack was going to play but had the flu so we had to change it so maybe that was the reason why we set up with 5 at the back. 2nd half we was the better side but really didn't hurt Celtic. 

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the field, same old same old at Celtic Park. Dust off and move on.

Rooney took his goal very well.

I've moaned about Celtic fans being dicks in the past. On the way out yesterday a couple of them wished us all the best for the season and the game atmosphere was generally less toxic than the previous few visits. Altogether a decent day out, I'll be happier coming back next time.

18 hours ago, bpdon said:

And there's the obligatory red card 

18 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

Ah well, deserved more from our second half display but the customary soft pen and red card ruled that out  

When was the last Aberdeen red card at Celtic Park? ? I'm assuming, by these posts, that' it happens every time. 

For what is worth I thought Aberdeen played at a much higher level then any other team Celtic have played this season (early days I know).

In the first half they frustrated Celtic for long spells and it took an exceptional goal and a very good second just before half time to breach their defence.

They matched up to Celtic in the 2nd going man to man and it did work.  It was touch and go as to who would score the 4th goal.  I thought the penalty was soft but I also thought we should've had one early for a hand ball.

On the basis of yesterday I think it's clear these are the best two teams in the league.

When was the last Aberdeen red card at Celtic Park? ? I'm assuming, by these posts, that' it happens every time. 

I didn't say anything about the venue. But to answer your question : in our last 4 trips to Celtic park we have faced 3 penalties and had 1 red card. During the same period we also faced 1 pen and 1 red card in the corresponding games at Pittodrie.

Celtic Park 1st March 2015 Celtic score penalty against Aberdeen.
Pittodrie 12 Sept 2015 Celtic score penalty against Aberdeen and Jonny Hayes sent off.
Celtic Park 31 Oct 2015 Celtic score penalty against Aberdeen.
Celtic Park 27 Aug 2016 Celtic score penalty against Aberdeen and Mark Reynolds is sent off

1 hour ago, bpdon said:

I didn't say anything about the venue. But to answer your question : in our last 4 trips to Celtic park we have faced 3 penalties and had 1 red card. During the same period we also faced 1 pen and 1 red card in the corresponding games at Pittodrie.

Pittodrie 12 Sept 2015 Celtic score penalty against Aberdeen and Jonny Hayes sent off.
Celtic Park 27 Aug 2016 Celtic score penalty against Aberdeen and Mark Reynolds is sent off

You were discussing yesterday's red card and my question was when was the last Aberdeen red card at Celtic Park. As it seems they are obligatory. 

15/16 - zero

14/15 - zero

13/14 - zero

12/13 - zero 

11/12 - 1

so the last time you got an obligatory red at Celtic Park was before Rangers died. :)

You were discussing yesterday's red card
.... and penalty making no mention of the venue

so the last time you got an obligatory red at Celtic Park was before Rangers died. 

I would say 4 pens and 2 red cards against us over the course of 7 or 8 games merits a flippant use of obligatory.

1 hour ago, bpdon said:

.... and penalty making no mention of the venue

I would say 4 pens and 2 red cards against us over the course of 7 or 8 games merits a flippant use of obligatory.

What venue was the game at you were discussing? 

And my point was about the red card, it was a simple question as you seem to think there was a pattern. 0 red cards in the last 9 visits is hardly worthy of a flippant 'obligitory'.  

What venue was the game at you were discussing? 

And my point was about the red card, it was a simple question as you seem to think there was a pattern. 0 red cards in the last 9 visits is hardly worthy of a flippant 'obligitory'.  

You replied to my post, cherry picked part of my comment, and dreamed up the context. Nice work.

19 minutes ago, bpdon said:

You replied to my post, cherry picked part of my comment, and dreamed up the context. Nice work.

My post read 'when was the last Aberdeen red card at Celtic Park' , a simple question I thought but obviously not. 

On the field, same old same old at Celtic Park. Dust off and move on.

Rooney took his goal very well.

I've moaned about Celtic fans being dicks in the past. On the way out yesterday a couple of them wished us all the best for the season and the game atmosphere was generally less toxic than the previous few visits. Altogether a decent day out, I'll be happier coming back next time.

They've obviously got another club to divert their hatred towards this season.

10 hours ago, bpdon said:

Tell your players to stop fouling ours in the penalty box then. Problem solved.

4 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

They've obviously got another club to divert their hatred towards this season.

Wasn't Aberdeen the place where a pub there let you piss on highlights of the **** playing in the bogs? 

You're just gutted cause they hate us more than you :)

Fucking hell, get this boy on Mastermind....

Aberdeen scorer Adam Rooney, reflecting on the Dons' 4-1 defeat by Celtic in Glasgow on Saturday, points out: "If you take the two goals late on out of it, it was a 2-1 game". 

23 hours ago, bpdon said:

Celtic Park 1st March 2015 Celtic score penalty against Aberdeen. Your defender makes a daft tackle, nothing wrong with the penalty award
Pittodrie 12 Sept 2015 Celtic score penalty against Aberdeen and Jonny Hayes sent off. A stone wall penalty where Considine should have been sent off and wasn't.  You also were given a bit of a dodgy penalty that day as well
Celtic Park 31 Oct 2015 Celtic score penalty against Aberdeen. Crazy lunge on Commons when he's going nowhere. Stone wall again
Celtic Park 27 Aug 2016 Celtic score penalty against Aberdeen and Mark Reynolds is sent off. Only seen this at the game. I sit at the opposite end and it looked a pen to me. Reynolds was already on a yellow and had to go

What are you saying though? Are you claiming that the refs are being biased against Aberdeen?

ETA: Hayes red card was well deserved as well in the 2-1 game last season

Archived