Arbroath vs Stirling Albion

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

You not get him from EF and all think he was a brilliant signing no?

He was supposed to be decent when he came last season, but the fans never said he was anything special, the fans all thought he was pish after we had seen him play. Hopefully this season Is better than last season for him

Can some of you lichtie fans have a day off ffs & not constantly look to pick on management/players. Try looking for positives instead of sticking the knife in all the time. Very few teams are perfect at any level so we have to accept that off days occur but we don't have to jump on someone to turn them into the next scapegoat.

As for tomorrow's game, like most in this division, will be tough. Following on from great win v Elgin, hopefully get a comfy 2-0 win. Doris to bag both to silence some Albion fans on here.

Mon the Lichties.

Can some of you lichtie fans have a day off ffs & not constantly look to pick on management/players. Try looking for positives instead of sticking the knife in all the time. Very few teams are perfect at any level so we have to accept that off days occur but we don't have to jump on someone to turn them into the next scapegoat.

As for tomorrow's game, like most in this division, will be tough. Following on from great win v Elgin, hopefully get a comfy 2-0 win. Doris to bag both to silence some Albion fans on here.

Mon the Lichties.

Agree

And stop talking about Lumsden, long gone and has nothing to do with anything anymore

Was Dickson not bigged up to be a brilliant signing last season?

You not get him from EF and all think he was a brilliant signing no?

You're getting muddled up mate. When we signed Dickson, Stenny fans bombarded this board telling us how good a player he was for them and how they still hero worship him at Ochilview, East Fife fans said he was so-so for them but certainly no big loss.

After a couple of months, Stirling fans had made up their own mind that he was not the player that the Stenny fans made him out to be, he wasn't even the player that East Fife fans made him out to be, he was just non-existent.

After a season of nothingness, Stuart McLaren offered him another year which he signed.....we all questioned why.....maybe he'd also been listening to the Stenny support.

I've not seen anything to suggest he'll have a better season this year, however, would love to see him pull it out of the bag and become the player we thought we were getting.

6 hours ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

Mon the Lichties.

I genuinely haven't seen a single Arbroath fan post who has constantly picked on the management? In terms of looking for positives I think everyone see's massive positives this year in the squad we've assembled through Dick's recruitment; I've not seen any posts saying anything but that?

If you mean posters mentioning the indisputable fact that Dick has the worst record of any manager to ever manage the club in our existence, it is what it is. As I've said on many occasions, I firmly believe that will change very shortly with the squad assembled and the aspirations we have, but it's fact. It can't be argued. Do you think a fan who has watched 19 competitive games and seen 4 victories under a manager is going to be nothing but positive about all of those games, and that record? It's obviously very circumstantial, but if an Arbroath fan accepted that record then they might as well travel 10 odd miles up the coast and support Montrose, that's the sort of abjectness they accept up there.

From what I've seen and heard almost everyone thinks we're going to be up there this year (myself included), we all agree that we have a really good starting 11 and great strength in depth; It's looking very positive. However, is it not rather odd that the current manager is considered to be doing a good job compared to the previous manager when said previous manager had a better win/ points to game ratio? The current manager isn't just in the door, he has been in charge for 19 games. He has assembled a superb squad of players, but SO FAR has he proved himself better than the previous manager?

I'm very positive about the squad we have, the starting 11, the strength in depth and if we get the individual players we have playing the way they can we will win this division, but Dick Campbell is not some sort of miracle man that has come along and saved us from the Highland League last year, he is a football manager who hasn't proven a thing at our club yet. I'm sure he will, but he's done nothing yet, as the facts quite clearly show.

4 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

3 league games into the season with his squad...

'Done nothing yet.' :lol:

Overall summary of what I've said:

Dick has been in charge for 19 games and has the worst record of any manager we've ever had.

Dick hasn't had a positive effect on our results so far, but I like everyone else firmly believe he will and that we'll have a good season.

Dick has signed a very, very good squad of players.

Dick has, so far, not proven himself to be any better than Todd Lumsden. Again, I'm very confident in a few months time he will have proved himself to be far better, but he hasn't yet.

Which part of that do you disagree with?

Overall summary of what I've said:

Dick has been in charge for 19 games and has the worst record of any manager we've ever had.

Dick hasn't had a positive effect on our results so far, but I like everyone else firmly believe he will and that we'll have a good season.

Dick has signed a very, very good squad of players.

Dick has, so far, not proven himself to be any better than Todd Lumsden. Again, I'm very confident in a few months time he will have proved himself to be far better, but he hasn't yet.

Which part of that do you disagree with?

Hasn't had a positive effect on our results? How many points did we have 3 games into last season?

He kept us up with a squad of players he clearly didn't want. We've been papped out of a LC group we were never getting through, not sure if you expected us to get results against ICT/Dunfermline or United...? And we've been put out of the Challenge Cup (big deal) by a team in the league above us playing a second string.

You're using all these results as your evidence when it's clearly flawed? Why not wait until a decent period of time into the league campaign before making comparisons, if you really must?

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Hasn't had a positive effect on our results? How many points did we have 3 games into last season?

He kept us up with a squad of players he clearly didn't want. We've been papped out of a LC group we were never getting through, not sure if you expected us to get results against ICT/Dunfermline or United...? And we've been put out of the Challenge Cup (big deal) by a team in the league above us playing a second string.

You're using all these results as your evidence when it's clearly flawed? Why not wait until a decent period of time into the league campaign before making comparisons, if you really must?

Dick has been in charge for 19 games. At this moment in time, his record is WORSE than Todd Lumsden. They are both facts - you can't dispute them. Considering these facts, how on earth could it be argued he's had a positive effect on our results?! In comparison to Todd, Dick has had worse results, and therefore a negative effect SO FAR.

If you properly read what I've been saying for weeks, it's actually all fairly supportive of Dick in terms of the job I think he will do. As I have reiterating on what feels like dozens of occasions now, I firmly believe we will have a very good season and I believe Dick will do a good job for us. He has built a superb squad, one that in my opinion is just as good as the one that won this league 5 years ago. It's just that at this current moment in time the facts can't be disputed, and the facts don't back up Dick doing a good job SO FAR.

I fail to see how last seasons league games are getting used as evidence here. Lumsden being so shite is effectively the main reason Campbell's record looks that way??? It's flawed. :lol:

Surely he should only be judged on games this season after he's made the changes he's wanted to???

And anyway is this going to be a weekly thing or? You'd think comparing managers records would only come up if we were doing badly, I fail to see the point in anything you are saying. It's a different season and a new team, 3 games in the league played ffs.

Archived