Arbroath vs Stirling Albion

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

Delighted we beat Stirling today. Any team in this league with squad numbers are kidding themselves on.

It didn't do East Fife much harm last season!

8 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

Delighted we beat Stirling today. Any team in this league with squad numbers are kidding themselves on.

Got to agree,I did think that today too. Was watching the Stirling players coming in after the warm up, There were 3 young lads standing at the tunnel putting their hands out to high 5 them as they were going past,almost to a man (the ones I saw) ignored them,poor. I had to agree with my girlfriend (who never watches football) when she said 'who the f*** do they think they are' haha...

I suppose not :lol: no need for it though in my opinion. Cowden have even got names on the back of their shirts!

Looks like they should've used the money for a centre half instead

In seriousness the names look pretty professional so that's ok with squad numbers, but having a squad number when there's no even names on the shirts seems stupid

Stirling will be alright by the way Henderson and Layne will get goals, play offs or just missing the play offs I'd say

We've got squad numbers and BF said at the start of last season it means that the players end up with kit that fits them better. The 1-11 went out the window anyway when we ended up with a big lump named Dan Kirkup wearing number 9 whilst playing centre half back in the Colin Hendry era.

We've got squad numbers and BF said at the start of last season it means that the players end up with kit that fits them better. The 1-11 went out the window anyway when we ended up with a big lump named Dan Kirkup wearing number 9 whilst playing centre half back in the Colin Hendry era.

Suppose it probably does help that way if each player is guaranteed to have a kit that fits them perfectly. I still think it looks better having 1-11 on the teamsheet, might just be a bit of OCD though :P

10 hours ago, rhliston said:

Wont happen too early but if we continue to ship goals especially away fro home then they will have to make up their minds sooner rather than later. We can score goals but we simply cant defend and if that does not improve then Yes McLaren must go.

He's been crap for a long time, since he arrived in fact. I don't see the point in resetting the clock just because it's a new season. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest he will turn it around. 

3 hours ago, BinoBalls said:

He's been crap for a long time, since he arrived in fact. I don't see the point in resetting the clock just because it's a new season. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest he will turn it around. 

The Board gave him a new contract for this season when imo he did not deserve one and the fact remains that the Board will hope he turns it around but at this stage of the season their is no way they will get rid of him. But if things don`t improve the fans will be not long in letting the Board know their feelings. Its a question of watch this space as they say.

Got to agree,I did think that today too. Was watching the Stirling players coming in after the warm up, There were 3 young lads standing at the tunnel putting their hands out to high 5 them as they were going past,almost to a man (the ones I saw) ignored them,poor. I had to agree with my girlfriend (who never watches football) when she said 'who the f*** do they think they are' haha...

Pics or didnt happen

6 hours ago, BinoBalls said:

With your opinion of Arbroath FC being a non entity that result yesterday must hurt eh?  For what it's worth your team has one of the best players in the league in Henderson, absolute standout.  

we were very good at going forward yesterday.But the main concern has to be our defence.Both our center backs are loan signings as is mutch.Also at times midfield looked very disjointed yesterday

What does the fact they are loanees have to do with anything?

Just now, Big lichtie said:

we were very good at going forward yesterday.But the main concern has to be our defence.Both our center backs are loan signings as is mutch.Also at times midfield looked very disjointed yesterday

Agreed, we are far from the finished article but we have the making of a team that will challenge for promotion, we need Jimmy back. 

First goal very very unlucky, second a rare mistake from the usually solid Hammy, 3rd possibly offside?

But we did concede a lot of chances, both teams did.

Thought Mutch made some good saves but flapped at a couple of crosses and the 2nd goal looked a bit dodgy but overall he's getting better I think.

Brown and Sukar both pretty impressive, know it sounds daft saying that after losing 3 goals.

In the last 3 games we've only lost 2 so I wouldn't be overly worried, think Scott getting back into the middle of the park will help as he's a real presence, Whatley had one of his poorer games yesterday.

I'd say Doris and Skelly work really well with each other and should stay there for the time being. Little and Hammy must play at the back every week and Scott and Linn in midfield when fit but other than that it's really difficult to fill the rest of the team. So many options.

Archived