Arbroath vs Stirling Albion

Wasn't able to make the game yesterday and the SAFC club website still has not posted a report.  Looks like Bobby Linn had a field day yesterday.  Who was assigned to mark him and did our manager do anything to try to rein him in?

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, lichtie36nilhello said:

With your opinion of Arbroath FC being a non entity that result yesterday must hurt eh?  For what it's worth your team has one of the best players in the league in Henderson, absolute standout.  

:lol:

Yes I made that remark as a joke after an Abroath fan invaded a Stirling-Clyde match thread. I see you've now decided to bring it up on 2 different threads, 2 weeks later, so obviously it upset you (which you will deny of course). 

50 minutes ago, BinoBalls said:

:lol:

Yes I made that remark as a joke after an Abroath fan invaded a Stirling-Clyde match thread. I see you've now decided to bring it up on 2 different threads, 2 weeks later, so obviously it upset you (which you will deny of course). 

We are all allowed an option, good to see I have the last laugh though... :)

As for obvious upset, far from it, takes a lot more to upset me, nice try though. 

great to see us scoring so many goals yesterday particularly Linn hopefully do his confidence a lot of good as I don't think he's been playing that well in recent games . Dick has got to get the defense sorted he has changed the back 4 just about every game so far which is not helping at all . Surely Ricky Little has proven he's the best centre half at the club , in fact easily one of the best in the league, so why is he being played at right back where he is much less effective,Phillips has done well at left back recently ,but Hamilton is much better there,management seem to have no confidence in Thomson at right back  so play Whatley who is much better there than in midfield and then decide which one of the loan centre backs to play with Little and stick with it . Glad to see Gold playing so well , looks a different player from last year .

With your opinion of Arbroath FC being a non entity that result yesterday must hurt eh?  For what it's worth your team has one of the best players in the league in Henderson, absolute standout.  

Its a shame our defence is probably one of the worst defences in the league

Just now, JakeSAFC said:

Its a shame our defence is probably one of the worst defences in the league

I think you have a decent team, great wins vs Falkirk and Elgin this season already, perhaps a new manager will realize the potential, as stated before Henderson is a great signing. It was one of those games after all. 

Great entertainment with loads of chances created. Didn't take long for both teams to suss out that both defences had an element of fragility. Layne and Henderson were able to bully our centre backs at times while Doris and Skelly were getting a lot of joy in the channels.

Bobby Linn absolutely terrorised Verlaque in the 2nd half. Skelly looks a completely different player from last season as does David Gold.

I think you have a decent team, great wins vs Falkirk and Elgin this season already, perhaps a new manager will realize the potential, as stated before Henderson is a great signing. It was one of those games after all. 

Henderson is a cracking signing and im sure he'll bang them in, but if our defence keep conceding a load of goals theyll be for nothing

Wasn't there a post on the official Facebook page saying highlights would be up on a Saturday night and then extended ones on a Sunday?choking to watch yesterdays.

Same guy does Forfars and they're not up yet either, supposedly a new guy doing it there and at us too. Hopefully up soon.

Bobby Linn absolutely terrorised Verlaque in the 2nd half.

What is so frustrating is that we had two guys who can play right back on the bench and the manager refused to hook Verlaque.
I'm of the opinion we need a change in the dugout and this is a clear sign that the manager cannae see the obvious.

The officials made some big mistakes. The penalty clearly wasn't and it came an important time in the game. Stirling's third goal may well have been offside (it happened pretty quick) but was probably was given to balance out the shocking offside to rule out a Stirling goal at 0-0.
The current version of offside I see applied every week has linos not putting up their flag until the offside player touches the ball. The ball went into the net not touched by a Stirling player. This was more like the old version of offside (which I prefer actually) but not the one I see applied every week these days.

Every game iv been to this season the officials have been shocking, for both sides too. I noticed linn didnt get booked for celebrating with the fans, has this been scrapped? Rightly so if it has

There is just no consistency from the officials. The ref for our game against Montrose is the worst Iv seen

Thats the worst highlights package iv ever seen. He misses around 3 goals including a penalty! But has around 3 minutes footage of the start of each half and around 2 mins of filming an empty net after he missed the goals!

Archived