Forfar v Rovers

8 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

There was no huge changes to this cup remember. This is the diddy cup , not the not so diddy league cup.

It's the Premiership U20s and strange addition of Welsh and Irish clubs who get to enter at a later stage that I take exception to. I was hoping Locke would field a much weakened team today, although injuries sadly forced his hand otherwise. 

All the best to Forfar in the next round. 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not bothered at all about going out, never good to lose three goals though. How was Brennan? Wasn't massively convinced by him at Tannadice.

The two JT's will come back next week and we'll be much better for it. Shame it would appear Stewart/Davidson didn't do more to deserve to play next week but so be it.

Good luck to Forfar in the next round. Great start they've had.

9 minutes ago, Paco said:

Not bothered at all about going out, never good to lose three goals though. How was Brennan? Wasn't massively convinced by him at Tannadice.

First one came from a fair distance, but it was a great hit. Think it'd be difficult to criticise the goalkeeper. Second he was faultless, freekick was smashed into the wall, but it squirmed through and was on a plate for the striker. Third one I don't think he had much chance for either, I'd be pointing the finger at big M'Voto for that one. 

We had the same problem we always have when Thomson is missing. Not enough drive down the right hand side. Matthews is clearly better suited to the central midfield role. 

As noted above, it's a shame we had the injuries we did, or we could've thrown in Osei and given Coustrain a longer run. As it was, we just looked a little disjointed and, at times, a little uninterested. Quite clear nobody gives a f**k about this competition.

Final word on the referee, who was absolutely dreadful. In the second half alone he gave the Rovers three corners that we should never have had, including the one for the goal. Just a total clown. 

Did anyone see any fracas at the tunnel at the end of the game?

Someone mentioned folk getting pulled away and the ref getting cards out.

Wouldn't surprise me. Near the end of the game, Vaughan had the ball at one of Forfars throw-ins, instead of passing the boy the ball, he launched the ball at his puss from 2 feet :lol:

Forfar keeper was an insult to footballers anywhere, petulant git, Stewards were hopeless too. 

As for the game, not like alloa but not like that last hour of utd game either

Most were not our normal stewards , these guys normally steward dirty dens , but our own fafc stewards are just as bad

1 minute ago, loon74 said:

Most were not our normal stewards , these guys normally steward dirty dens , but our own fafc stewards are just as bad

Aye, we were up at the friendly and the Cove game at your place and the Stewards were decent human beings if a little rulebound.

That lot today were savages, I've not seen the like since bouncers at the Barras ballroom 20 years ago.

1 minute ago, Loondave1 said:

Do you want your rattle back now..

No really, you deserved the win. your keeper on the other hand blootered the ball at the only Raithshirts in that area, narrowly missed a bairn and nearly knocked an old woman over, if it had happened during open play nobody would have batted an eyelid but it was from a deadball.

The stewards attempts at calming things down were worse than doing nothing

2 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

Do you want your rattle back now..

Oh dear. The stewards were awfy, and the referee was terrible. Absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Rovers were not very good, and got beat. Of course not!

No really, you deserved the win. your keeper on the other hand blootered the ball at the only Raithshirts in that area, narrowly missed a bairn and nearly knocked an old woman over, if it had happened during open play nobody would have batted an eyelid but it was from a deadball.

The stewards attempts at calming things down were worse than doing nothing

To be fair i wasnt there today so I'll leave it at that.

3 minutes ago, dipsy said:

Oh dear. The stewards were awfy, and the referee was terrible. Absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Rovers were not very good, and got beat. Of course not!

The game and crowd control are 2 separate things, as for keepers hissy fits I never seen ours but unless he was playing skittles with pensioners I doubt it was as bad as yours

26 minutes ago, dipsy said:

Forfar fans that criticise  the Stewards. piss me off , If you can do better ------- get your name down !!!! 

Archived