Forfar v Rovers

Rovers will be on a high after their unbeaten start to the season, but so will Forfar with 4 wins out of 4 in the league.

I'm not sure if we should play the same team again instead of disrupting a winning formula and risk not getting it back for the Falkirk game the following week..

I would have liked to see Coustrain get a chance though. And possibly Skacel to get the start, but it all depends on, if we're just going to try to keep the consistency going.

If we start with the same team that, we have started every league game with so far, we'll win comfortably IMO despite Forfars start.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Challenge cup is a complete joke now with the colts teams etc, play all the boys who aren't starting just now and give them a run out, be good for Stewart, Osei, Davo, Coulstrain etc to get some game time. 

Looking forward to this.

Thompson will be unavailable which will open up the possibility of Skacel or Davidson coming into the starting 11.

I would also be inclined to give Vaughan and possibly Barr a rest and give Stewart a run out up front and allow the likes of Roberts, Coustrain or Johnston to get a start if fit.

Give Osei a start.

That was shouted yesterday at one point. "Get Osei on!!" Had to have been the most ludicrous shout I've heard in a while. Losing 2-1, pushing for the equaliser and then that shout :lol:

Hasn't played a minute of league football but he was definately the answer yesterday :lol:

Uz boys taking this serious, as far as I know we have.

Anyway cracking game coming up, were on fire in 50% on the pitch. Not tell you which, Mr Loche probably read this forum for tactics.

BTW you rovers lads still cheering the Rangers half time score if their winning?

This competition is a complete joke now so not really bothered by the result. Would give Osei, Stewart, Coustrain and Skacel at least a start. If Johnston is fit I'd start him too. I think Roberts can play too? Pretty sure he didn't play for a Rangers u20's in the competition.

Jordan Thompson is cup tied and Jason Thomson is suspended. Anybody know if we can play David Bates? He's on the same kind of loan as Jordan Thompson, who was able to play for Rangers u20's in this tournament. You would think as a result Bates could play for us but this is the SFA we're dealing with..

Would be good if Cuthbert could make it too. Wasn't convinced by Brennan at all so getting him back for the Falkirk match in a fortnight would be a priority.

I get the feeling Locke might play a strong team to keep momentum. Will listen to his interview in the week to gauge opinion. McKinnon all but said last season he couldn't care less about it which showed as we lost to Stenny.

That was shouted yesterday at one point. "Get Osei on!!" Had to have been the most ludicrous shout I've heard in a while. Losing 2-1, pushing for the equaliser and then that shout :lol:

Hasn't played a minute of league football but he was definately the answer yesterday :lol:

His finishing in the pre-match warm-up is as bad as Skacel's is outstanding. Needs time and coaching.

This competition is a complete joke now so not really bothered by the result. Would give Osei, Stewart, Coustrain and Skacel at least a start. If Johnston is fit I'd start him too. I think Roberts can play too? Pretty sure he didn't play for a Rangers u20's in the competition.

Jordan Thompson is cup tied and Jason Thomson is suspended. Anybody know if we can play David Bates? He's on the same kind of loan as Jordan Thompson, who was able to play for Rangers u20's in this tournament. You would think as a result Bates could play for us but this is the SFA we're dealing with..

Would be good if Cuthbert could make it too. Wasn't convinced by Brennan at all so getting him back for the Falkirk match in a fortnight would be a priority.

I get the feeling Locke might play a strong team to keep momentum. Will listen to his interview in the week to gauge opinion. McKinnon all but said last season he couldn't care less about it which showed as we lost to Stenny.

Thompson played for Rangers because it's a development loan, so he can still play for the parent club's development squad. The competition was irrelevant, it just so happens to have shone a light on a pre-existing practice.

We can't play Bates on Saturday, but I think he could probably play in the Fife Cup game on Wednesday night...

I would start Skacel, Coustrain, Osei, Johnston et al. 

Mainly as I actually want to see these guys in action for a decent period of time.  Coustrain in particular looked pretty decent in pre season.

Thompson played for Rangers because it's a development loan, so he can still play for the parent club's development squad. The competition was irrelevant, it just so happens to have shone a light on a pre-existing practice.

We can't play Bates on Saturday, but I think he could probably play in the Fife Cup game on Wednesday night...

Bates is also on a development loan though so why can't he play on Saturday? If Thomson, who was on the same type of loan could play for his parent club?

3 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Bates is also on a development loan though so why can't he play on Saturday? If Thomson, who was on the same type of loan could play for his parent club?

He can only play for the development squad. I.e. Bates can play for Rangers' first team and Raith Rovers Under 20s. Thomson can play for Raith Rovers' first team and Rangers Under 20s. 

Edit: On reflection, I'm not convinced that Bates is on a development loan. The phrasing seems to be "On loan to the Rangers development squad" but I think an actual development loan would probably preclude him from playing for their development squad, as ironic as that seems. 

We're unlikely to win this one and even less likely to win the cup - I'd give the 4 "senior" players, who've been on the bench recently, a run out this week. (Website reporting Hay has gone to Broughty and Smith is a slight doubt)

Adam

Bain  Munro  Malcs  Kennedy

Scott   TOB    Foxy    DD

Peters    Lister

Subs Smith, Aitken, Muzza, Cox, Swanks, Milne and Long.

Then back to the "usual" line up for the league game at Annan on the 10th.

9 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Admission prices for Saturday been announced yet?

Admission prices to all parts of the ground are £12 for adults, £6 concessions.

The 1984 Lounge at the ground will be open from 12.30p.m. till kick-off and on the final whistle till approximately 7.30p.m.
Supporters of both sides are welcome.

Archived